IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Are used IS-F's that hard to come by in the low 30's???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-13, 09:20 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Off topic but I want an s2k SO BAD. The AP1 is still holding very high resale value. It doesn't make sense for me to have 3 cars at this point but I will definitely look into an AP2 in a few years...
I have 3 s2000's currently (09 GPW, 02 Silver, and 07 Red). AP1's are the best for the 9k redline but in daily driving the AP2 is far superior. Going from my silver to my wife's red one is the most dramatic difference - the AP2 feels so much more refined, more torque and the interior is nicer for sure. Not fair to compare to my 09 since that car is faster than most ISF's

Originally Posted by M3EATR
I dont think you are going to find an ISF for less than 37k. I paid 40 for mine 2 months ago with 38k miles on it, 2008 black
I thought so too but if you look a few posts above, the dealer had that 08 with decent miles and small mods for $31.5k. We missed out on that one by just one day....
Old 03-15-13, 12:38 PM
1slowF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for a guy that sold his last isf for an arm and a leg and trying to sell his s2k for the other arm and leg, you sure are on a low budget

if a dealer had an 08 for 31.5k, than either it was in an accident, damage on the car report or even maybe hiding something. 31.5 is under auction value, they could've just drove it there and got more. Pretty sure something was wrong with it. just my .02
Old 03-15-13, 12:41 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is what I was thinking. If you're looking at an IS-F in the low 30's right now then you're looking for the wrong car.

Either wait a few years or shop for a IS350
Old 03-15-13, 12:48 PM
1slowF
Driver School Candidate

hes not poor, hes just cheap

don't mean it in a bad way, tried to think of another way to say it but nothing comes to mind
Old 03-15-13, 01:21 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1slowF
for a guy that sold his last isf for an arm and a leg and trying to sell his s2k for the other arm and leg, you sure are on a low budget

if a dealer had an 08 for 31.5k, than either it was in an accident, damage on the car report or even maybe hiding something. 31.5 is under auction value, they could've just drove it there and got more. Pretty sure something was wrong with it. just my .02
LOL assumption is the mother of all $%^-up's ~ this car is for a friend of mine who is not on the forum, not me.

I'm not doing to debate selling price here but I sold the car for what the market will bear meaning I had a buyer who was willing to pay me what I wanted, free economy so obviously he thought the car was worth it.
Old 03-15-13, 01:30 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by rw95gt
Thats me. I don't want to sell the car but felt like it made sense because my wife is due in 2 months and I figured it made more sense to have a more family friendly car. I know the isf has a back seat but its really just for looks. haha.
Glad to hear you're keeping it. By the way, my wife has the kids most of the time in our SUV, but I took them around a couple of days ago, both in car seats, in my ISF. Granted, the car isn't big enough to carry the whole family AND a full sized stroller in the rear, but for in-town trips it works even with 2 kids.

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Off topic but I want an s2k SO BAD. The AP1 is still holding very high resale value. It doesn't make sense for me to have 3 cars at this point but I will definitely look into an AP2 in a few years...
I have had two prior S2000s (both AP2s), and I want to get another one. That is a special car. I'm sorta looking for a higher-mileage but well maintained car to pick up relatively cheap so I can use it as a track and autoX toy. My first one was a daily driver that was modded mostly for looks, my second was a weekend car that was turbocharged and modded mostly for speed, and now I want one that I keep virtually stock and drive like it was intended... on the track. Love that car.
Old 03-15-13, 08:15 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

I would sell my IS-F for $35K. It's an 08 with 56k miles. Clean car and runs perfect but has an accident in it's history. Doesn't affect anything and I doubt you could even tell it had been in an accident but I do take this into consideration which is why I would sell it for $2k less than if it had a clean history.

I'm with everyone else on this one though. You won't find a clean IS-F in the low 30's unless were talking 70k + miles.
Old 03-15-13, 08:27 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Glad to hear you're keeping it. By the way, my wife has the kids most of the time in our SUV, but I took them around a couple of days ago, both in car seats, in my ISF. Granted, the car isn't big enough to carry the whole family AND a full sized stroller in the rear, but for in-town trips it works even with 2 kids.

I have had two prior S2000s (both AP2s), and I want to get another one. That is a special car. I'm sorta looking for a higher-mileage but well maintained car to pick up relatively cheap so I can use it as a track and autoX toy. My first one was a daily driver that was modded mostly for looks, my second was a weekend car that was turbocharged and modded mostly for speed, and now I want one that I keep virtually stock and drive like it was intended... on the track. Love that car.
s2000 is nice, especially the ap2. S4play is correct on most of what he said. the only thing i find odd is that i never see these s2k make it to 180k without a rebuild. maybe because they are raced and revved all the time. this was suppose to be the car to replace the Z awhile back. it's a great car and has potential in almost every aspect. Love the transmission feel.
Old 03-15-13, 08:56 PM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Besides the fact that I can't fit in an S2000 and they are slower than a soccer mom's mini van, I suppose they are ok....

I've never like Honda's and never will.
Old 03-15-13, 09:14 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, reading this thread sure makes me happy I bought back my IS-F. They had it on sale temporarily for 38K but nobody bit quick enough and I took it back. FWIW, it had brand new PSS (literally ZERO miles on the new tires), 44K miles total. Brand new OEM front pads (literally ZERO miles), 3 month old FIgs 2 pc rotors, 3 month old Borla, 3 month old PPE headers with brand new A/F sensors on both sides. 3 month old BC Racing coilovers with swift. Truth be told, my F should've been sold for 42K IMO considering but I think the dealership was just trying to flip it quick at 38K and was difficult to sell because of the headers. Not just that, but I have SIX 18" Volk RE30 rims 4 of them with OEM TPMS sensors with 3,000 mile Michelin PA4 snow tires. BTW, I'm not selling my F ever again. I think in 30 years, it might be the one and only muscle car Japan has ever produced.
Old 03-15-13, 09:18 PM
oddjob142
Driver School Candidate

I picked mine up in Arkansas. Quite a drive but worth it....
Old 03-15-13, 09:36 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Glad to hear everyone loves their IS-F ~ I loved mine too but at the time the guy gave me an offer I couldn't refuse and I was done with the build anyways.

Mine was as cherry as a used car got, barely 8k miles babied from day one! I even had black towels I always sat on so the seats had no creases.
Old 03-15-13, 10:54 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Glad to hear everyone loves their IS-F ~ I loved mine too but at the time the guy gave me an offer I couldn't refuse and I was done with the build anyways.

Mine was as cherry as a used car got, barely 8k miles babied from day one! I even had black towels I always sat on so the seats had no creases.
damn, i thought i was the only crazy bastard.

Old 03-15-13, 11:40 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow you guys might as well bubble wrap the steering wheel and leave the plastic wrap on the navi if you guys are going to sit on some towels every time you drive the car.
Old 03-16-13, 01:13 AM
WebSoCal
Driver

Originally Posted by Kevin.IS
Paid 38k for 08 19k miles. I think its a good deal..
That's a steal if you ask me..... so nice that you picked up your car with only 19k miles... When I was shopping for F, I couldn't find any low mileages like yours under 40k...

Quick Reply: Are used IS-F's that hard to come by in the low 30's???