IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lowering springs in the front only- who has done this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-14, 09:41 AM
mkp81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up some swift springs last week, think I'll just do the front after seeing this thread! Love that stance.
Old 12-27-14, 04:54 PM
MGordo
Driver

Anyone with the stock (or Swift) front springs handy feel like doing me a favor?

Whats the height and the inner diameter?

There are a few sproing companies to which you can custom order by the spring.. it would make more sense then ordering all 4 if you would only use 2!
Old 12-28-14, 08:41 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MGordo
Anyone with the stock (or Swift) front springs handy feel like doing me a favor?

Whats the height and the inner diameter?

There are a few sproing companies to which you can custom order by the spring.. it would make more sense then ordering all 4 if you would only use 2!
What year is your ISF? The springs changed in 2012+.

I can measure my stock springs tomorrow and let you know the height and diameter.
Old 12-31-14, 04:13 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vbb
After starting this thread and seeing the feedback, I went ahead and did it. Almost 2 years later, I'm still happy with my decision to do the Swift springs in the front only. I've noticed zero degradation in my ride quality (admittedly, I don't track) and the look is so much better. My car now has an even wheel gap all the way around and looks like i'd hoped it would have come from the factory.

I'm pleased with my decision to lower the front only.
Thanks for the feedback! I got wider tires and wider aftermarket rims to mount this coming spring. Gotta do some measurements before I drop the front
Old 01-05-15, 08:08 AM
MGordo
Driver

Originally Posted by Kojak77
What year is your ISF? The springs changed in 2012+.

I can measure my stock springs tomorrow and let you know the height and diameter.

I have a 2008....
Old 01-06-15, 06:04 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

LOL, there's going to be a surplus of rear ISF springs on the market. Looking good!
Old 01-24-15, 01:26 PM
MGordo
Driver

Anyone have a comparison pic of Fronts only vs. F&R?

My springs should arrive next week... not sure what to do.
Old 01-27-15, 08:55 PM
justinco
Driver

Originally Posted by MGordo
Anyone have a comparison pic of Fronts only vs. F&R?

My springs should arrive next week... not sure what to do.
This guy does:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nd-lights.html

He has a photo of Swifts on the front only, then a few of Swifts F+R and 15mm spacers.

The rear springs barely lower the car at all. Thinking about doing the Swift springs myself to take care of the front gap. About the only thing on the car that annoys me on occasion.
Old 01-28-15, 07:03 AM
Marn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2012 w/ front and rear swift springs.

I used the four springs I paid for.

2012 lexus isf at the shell by marny quinto, on Flickr
Old 01-16-17, 01:17 PM
Anatoliy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marn
2012 w/ front and rear swift springs.

I used the four springs I paid for.

2012 lexus isf at the shell by marny quinto, on Flickr
How is the ride quality compare to '12 stock?
Old 01-16-17, 10:43 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Anatoliy
How is the ride quality compare to '12 stock?
I won't answer for him, but I'll answer for myself....The ride quality is definitely worse....No if, and, or buts about it! But I think the ride quality was superb and "Cadillac like" stock and I'm kinda glad the swifts stiffened up the ride more and I can feel bumps in the road now, like a real sports car, lol. But the ride is amazingly good on a stock '12+ (with new tires).

V.
The following users liked this post:
Anatoliy (01-17-17)
Old 01-19-17, 12:00 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
I won't answer for him, but I'll answer for myself....The ride quality is definitely worse....No if, and, or buts about it! But I think the ride quality was superb and "Cadillac like" stock and I'm kinda glad the swifts stiffened up the ride more and I can feel bumps in the road now, like a real sports car, lol. But the ride is amazingly good on a stock '12+ (with new tires).

V.
scroll back a bit...those bumps u feel are not stiffness it's the swift springs inability to take the load of the weight of the isf's front weight...the springs are not cutting it..that's what u are feeling...the shocks are absorbing less and passing it into you because the springs are under stress because they are strong enough to handle the load on them....looks at the pics I posted in this thread...pics don't lie...thinner metal on the after markets, stocks are like 1 to 2mm thicker all the way around....they can take the weight ...the swifts can't.
giving the illusion that u got more cuz you feel more...it's not stiffness , its lack of load bearing
Old 01-19-17, 06:26 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
scroll back a bit...those bumps u feel are not stiffness it's the swift springs inability to take the load of the weight of the isf's front weight...the springs are not cutting it..that's what u are feeling...the shocks are absorbing less and passing it into you because the springs are under stress because they are strong enough to handle the load on them....looks at the pics I posted in this thread...pics don't lie...thinner metal on the after markets, stocks are like 1 to 2mm thicker all the way around....they can take the weight ...the swifts can't.
giving the illusion that u got more cuz you feel more...it's not stiffness , its lack of load bearing
Idk, maybe you're right....But I love the look and the feel the Swifts give so a decrease in 'ride quality" or "smoothness" is fine with me!! Just feels more sporty to me now and handles a bit better. Plus, the F gets driven a few times a month so I can definitely deal with the bounciness, etc.

V.
Old 01-19-17, 09:22 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anyone find the headlights to be out of height alignment? The sensor is on the sway bars for the headlight height and may need changed somewhat