IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Header Issue Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-14, 04:55 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Lou, that's the other thing I wasn't sure about.

Now to find a shop that will put it on without the HFCs and hopefully also does TIG welding for when the do go on.
Old 05-08-14, 10:20 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thought I'd share interesting fact from Grm magazine

Using bees wax as a lubricant to remove studs and though this might work on 02 sensors when trying to remove them from headers

Ex when removing head studs Torch the offending stud and hit it with a candle. "The wax pulls in and acts as a lubricant. If it turns a bit and then slows up, re-torch it and hit it with wax again. I used my torch and PB Blaster to no avail with a stuck exhaust manifold stud and got it out with wax." Quote from writer
Old 05-21-14, 01:49 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats weird about the o2 sensor locations the PPE website shows the secondary o2 sensors after the Cats. Thanks to all of Lou's props to PPE I am going to head up to phoenix to have the guys install my headers and hi flow cats.
Old 05-21-14, 04:13 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Member since 2002 and only 48 posts? Where have you been?
Old 05-21-14, 04:35 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Just a looser. Lol. No, seriously had my SC400 for 12 years but did not have the time to do much to it (got married moved 3 times and started a family) and not to mention did not have a whole lot to add to the group.

Then I got the F and well I am hooked. It is time to play with the big boys. I love my F and can't wait to be part of the I/H/E club. Just got to take a family trip up to Phoenix, drop the girl off at PPE and go play at a resort while they add on 30 or so ponies.

Oh, also having a Smart Phone was a game changer.

It is such a great message board, bringing Lexus enthusiasts together, we are getting a nice little chapter going here in Tucson.
Old 05-21-14, 05:57 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
Just a looser. Lol. No, seriously had my SC400 for 12 years but did not have the time to do much to it (got married moved 3 times and started a family) and not to mention did not have a whole lot to add to the group.

Then I got the F and well I am hooked. It is time to play with the big boys. I love my F and can't wait to be part of the I/H/E club. Just got to take a family trip up to Phoenix, drop the girl off at PPE and go play at a resort while they add on 30 or so ponies.

Oh, also having a Smart Phone was a game changer.

It is such a great message board, bringing Lexus enthusiasts together, we are getting a nice little chapter going here in Tucson.
How long are you going to be in PHX? What catback are you running?
Old 05-21-14, 08:09 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

I am waiting to hear back from Paul at PPE but I think my wife son and I will stay up in Phoenix a couple of nights. It all depends on when Paul can get me in. I am hoping some time in June but that is yet to be determined.
Old 05-21-14, 08:17 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

I am running a Borla cat back, JoeZ intake, Tein CS with EDFC, car on jack stands because of leaking coil-over but check out my other thread on details, as well as about a dozen other tasteful mods.
Old 05-21-14, 09:49 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
I am running a Borla cat back, JoeZ intake, Tein CS with EDFC, car on jack stands because of leaking coil-over but check out my other thread on details, as well as about a dozen other tasteful mods.
I also have the Borla cat back and an aftermarket intake (Takeda), and I had PPE install my headers about a year ago and it was the best mod I've done to date! The car sounds absolutely incredible with this setup and I'm sure yours will sound the same, even though you have a slightly different intake. Some people on here have complained that it's too loud but I love it and actually wish it were just a touch louder. I've been toying with the idea of removing the Borla resonators but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. By the way I went with no cats and have no regrets, couldn't imagine it any other way. Already passed my last inspection/emissions test with flying colors.

And if you're planning to come to PHX for a few days to have the install done, try to plan it for the first weekend of the month and on Saturday morning check out the Cars & Coffee up at the Shops at Gainey Ranch. In the summer it usually runs from sunrise until about 10am. You'll see some of the most incredible cars of your life. There's typically a Bugatti that shows up, a couple of Ferrari Enzos, Lambos, and hundreds of other exotic, vintage, and modded cars.

Last edited by jleonard71; 05-21-14 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-21-14, 09:50 PM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Please can someone explain to me
if the headers has to be changed ,, ?
is it necessary the sensors to be changed ?
where can i find them ..are they available in the lexus company or ?
Old 05-22-14, 01:11 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Been having this issue last week was a different code now is this one and I been calling ppe to see what and going on for a week now and he don't get back other than that the system is amazing
Attached Thumbnails PPE Header Issue Discussion-image-2588303058.jpg   PPE Header Issue Discussion-image-1787757140.jpg  
Old 05-22-14, 01:12 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jleonard71
I also have the Borla cat back and an aftermarket intake (Takeda), and I had PPE install my headers about a year ago and it was the best mod I've done to date! The car sounds absolutely incredible with this setup and I'm sure yours will sound the same, even though you have a slightly different intake. Some people on here have complained that it's too loud but I love it and actually wish it were just a touch louder. I've been toying with the idea of removing the Borla resonators but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. By the way I went with no cats and have no regrets, couldn't imagine it any other way. Already passed my last inspection/emissions test with flying colors. And if you're planning to come to PHX for a few days to have the install done, try to plan it for the first weekend of the month and on Saturday morning check out the Cars & Coffee up at the Shops at Gainey Ranch. In the summer it usually runs from sunrise until about 10am. You'll see some of the most incredible cars of your life. There's typically a Bugatti that shows up, a couple of Ferrari Enzos, Lambos, and hundreds of other exotic, vintage, and modded cars.
Are you catless? Still on the fence whether or not to go catless. Also looking into installing flanges so I can run either way. Waiting to hear back from Paul with PPE and ask him if I could set it up to use a test pipe and HFC.
Old 05-22-14, 01:36 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
Been having this issue last week was a different code now is this one and I been calling ppe to see what and going on for a week now and he don't get back other than that the system is amazing
it PPe install your headers ?
Old 05-22-14, 01:58 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
sorry just realized you live in New York so you likely did not have PPE install them
Old 05-22-14, 02:20 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have issues of my own, p2241 and p2240. Paul responded to me immediately and sent me the extension. I have replaced the sensor already but no fix. Waiting to install the extension wiring. Here is the thing, the code first came on when it was raining then eventually went away. Then a week later I was I driving and it started raining and it came back immediately. Coincidence?

Quick Reply: PPE Header Issue Discussion