IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Header Issue Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-14, 02:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
Just a looser. Lol. No, seriously had my SC400 for 12 years but did not have the time to do much to it (got married moved 3 times and started a family) and not to mention did not have a whole lot to add to the group.

Then I got the F and well I am hooked. It is time to play with the big boys. I love my F and can't wait to be part of the I/H/E club. Just got to take a family trip up to Phoenix, drop the girl off at PPE and go play at a resort while they add on 30 or so ponies.

Oh, also having a Smart Phone was a game changer.

It is such a great message board, bringing Lexus enthusiasts together, we are getting a nice little chapter going here in Tucson.
Originally Posted by Cronic
How long are you going to be in PHX? What catback are you running?
Originally Posted by jleonard71
I also have the Borla cat back and an aftermarket intake (Takeda), and I had PPE install my headers about a year ago and it was the best mod I've done to date! The car sounds absolutely incredible with this setup and I'm sure yours will sound the same, even though you have a slightly different intake. Some people on here have complained that it's too loud but I love it and actually wish it were just a touch louder. I've been toying with the idea of removing the Borla resonators but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. By the way I went with no cats and have no regrets, couldn't imagine it any other way. Already passed my last inspection/emissions test with flying colors.

And if you're planning to come to PHX for a few days to have the install done, try to plan it for the first weekend of the month and on Saturday morning check out the Cars & Coffee up at the Shops at Gainey Ranch. In the summer it usually runs from sunrise until about 10am. You'll see some of the most incredible cars of your life. There's typically a Bugatti that shows up, a couple of Ferrari Enzos, Lambos, and hundreds of other exotic, vintage, and modded cars.

Where have you AZ guys been. I feel like Im the only one

You guys doing any track days soon ?? Good to know there are other AZ ISFs on the forum other than me and Lou
Old 05-22-14, 02:37 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Where have you AZ guys been. I feel like Im the only one You guys doing any track days soon ?? Good to know there are other AZ ISFs on the forum other than me and Lou
the first time I drove a F was at Laguna Seca so I am dying to take mine on a track day. I have yet to track my F.
Old 05-22-14, 02:41 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
it PPe install your headers ?
no they did not but they send me the module and everything for my exhaust/headers and I guess is not working right because I keep getting cels about the bank 1 and bank 2 sensor too rich
Old 05-22-14, 04:04 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
no they did not but they send me the module and everything for my exhaust/headers and I guess is not working right because I keep getting cels about the bank 1 and bank 2 sensor too rich
I believe I responded to an email about this earlier this week. The P1170 code is for a short in the port fuel injector harness. This is more than likely the cause of the rich conditions you are seeing. I will resend the email it has more detail on what to check. If you want to PM me a phone number, I can call tomorrow. I am out of the office today.

Best Regards,
Paul
Old 05-22-14, 05:07 PM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Where have you AZ guys been. I feel like Im the only one
I just bought my F two weeks ago. I am in Gilbert.
Originally Posted by PPEHeaders
I believe I responded to an email about this earlier this week. The P1170 code is for a short in the port fuel injector harness. This is more than likely the cause of the rich conditions you are seeing. I will resend the email it has more detail on what to check. If you want to PM me a phone number, I can call tomorrow. I am out of the office today.

Best Regards,
Paul
Paul do you think you could post it? I think this kind of info is useful. I will be installing your headers soon, and any potential troubleshooting info is good to know going in.

Thanks
Old 05-22-14, 06:38 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Wow I was in Scottsdale with my ISF for a while until I moved back to California 6 months ago.
Old 05-23-14, 10:07 AM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cronic
I just bought my F two weeks ago. I am in Gilbert.

Paul do you think you could post it? I think this kind of info is useful. I will be installing your headers soon, and any potential troubleshooting info is good to know going in.

Thanks
The code is a P1170 which is for the Port Fuel Injectors. It doesn't have anything to do with the headers/exhaust. The Port Fuel Injector wires are on the other side of the computer. I am working with the installer to help diag the issue.
Old 05-23-14, 06:34 PM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

The code is a P1170 which is for the Port Fuel Injectors. It doesn't have anything to do with the headers/exhaust. The Port Fuel Injector wires are on the other side of the computer. I am working with the installer to help diag the issue.
hey Paul ur the BEST thank u SOOOO MUCH after my cousin talked to you over the phone the problem was solved quickly and now everything is normal and by the way ur headers and exhaust combo IS THE TRUTH!!🙌🙌🙌 is a head turning everywhere my isF is passing BY at and the power I now feel is overwhelming
Old 05-23-14, 07:29 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Awesome! I'm glad he got it all fixed up for you. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by FraganciaF
hey Paul ur the BEST thank u SOOOO MUCH after my cousin talked to you over the phone the problem was solved quickly and now everything is normal and by the way ur headers and exhaust combo IS THE TRUTH!!🙌🙌🙌 is a head turning everywhere my isF is passing BY at and the power I now feel is overwhelming
Old 05-23-14, 10:26 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome! I'm glad he got it all fixed up for you. Enjoy!
Paul, June 16th can't come soon enough!! I have a appointment that day to have PPE install my headers. I came up with a solution for my cats/catless dilemma. PPE is going to install V band flanges (Paul suggested using V bands which is a GREAT idea) on his high flow cats and will also fab a set of test pipes with the same flanges so I can easily run either configuration. I will post photos of the set-up when I get it installed.
Old 06-04-14, 10:54 PM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

may someone help
i want to order ppe headers from shopfigs

i read alot about the o2 sensor . i really dont have alot of idea about them

will there be problems with installation , additional stuff will be needed to order like sensors or . ?
Old 06-04-14, 10:59 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just get a new set of Denso A/F sensors and make sure you wire the simulators correctly. You shouldn't have any trouble if your attention to detail is good.
Old 06-05-14, 12:08 AM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
Just get a new set of Denso A/F sensors and make sure you wire the simulators correctly. You shouldn't have any trouble if your attention to detail is good.
do lexus sell them ?
or i have to order from the net ?
Old 06-05-14, 09:51 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lexus sells them or you can get them from Denso. Denso makes the sensor for Lexus so they are the same part for less. If you do a search there is an old thread with the info and part number.
Old 06-05-14, 10:40 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just installed mine, my mechanic saved 1 sensor and couldnt on the other one. I bought one locally (luckily theres a shop that sells it super cheap down the street for me, ~$108 each). Also, their extension wire melted next to my header so we took one off and thermal taped it so it should be okay.. will install it later and hopefully the car will drive fine.

Quick Reply: PPE Header Issue Discussion