IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF owners in Alberta or Montana

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 06:13 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ISF owners in Alberta or Montana

Are there any other ISF owners living in Alberta, Canada? Or, how about any ISF owners in Montana or Idaho?

I am looking to see if there is anyone here that wants to join me in having our cars in a Street Wheelers weekend car show in Southern Alberta. The only competition I am looking to enter would be the "show and shine" and the "Parade style cruising".

Car show website here...

http://www.streetwheelers.com/home.html
Old 02-22-13, 11:32 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Calgary here.

i'm interested! shes up for sale though
Old 02-22-13, 01:14 PM
rkwlau
Driver School Candidate

I'm in Calgary and am interested.

BTW, where do you guys buy parts and get them installed? I want buy PPE headers from Figs, but can't find a local shop who can install it for a decent price. I called the Lexus dealership and they don't install after-market parts. I called a couple tuner shops and none of them have worked on an F before and their computer program is telling them to bill 13.5 hours for it which would cost around $1,500!

Any suggestions?
Old 02-22-13, 02:27 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just had my 2012 ISF with PPE header installed at Tunerworks... it costs $1300 for installation (with discounts).. the only others are VEX performance/RCTS.

All of them are expensive.. $1100+. Tunerworks quoted 10 hours, Vex quoted 8-10 hours, RCTS quoted about 10 hours.

Tunerworks and Vex both have experience installing Header for the ISF.

Make sure you buy the exhaust gasket online and bring it to them ($90 each at Lexus of Calgary), about $35 from the US.
Old 02-22-13, 04:17 PM
rkwlau
Driver School Candidate

Are exhaust gasket required? This is the first time that I've heard of it. How many do I need?

Did you need to buy new O2 sensors? Any Check Issue Lights or anything? Do you recommend I bring it to Tunerworks?
Old 02-22-13, 05:15 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rkwlau
Are exhaust gasket required? This is the first time that I've heard of it. How many do I need?

Did you need to buy new O2 sensors? Any Check Issue Lights or anything? Do you recommend I bring it to Tunerworks?
New gasket is not required, but highly recommended. My 2012 IS-F Lexus was only several months old and I still got brand new gaskets. When it comes to performance parts, it should be done perfectly for less problems in the future.

You will need 2 - LEXUS-4144124-ISF-4 2009 LEXUS IS F Exhaust Manifold Gasket.

I got it from: dealerdirectparts.com, $25 each, about $90 shipped to Canada using USPS.

You can also get it from Lexus of Calgary for about $190.

No, you don't need new O2 sensors if it was taken out and re-install properly. I specifically talked to Jamie (?) at Tunerworks about the O2 sensors and potential CEL problems.

So far its has been about 1 month and no CEL problem. Tunerworks will do a good job but it will be expensive.
Old 02-22-13, 06:16 PM
780lexus
Driver School Candidate

Edmonton, Alberta here. At least you guys have some shops to go to. I have no idea where to bring my car for the headers install
Old 02-22-13, 07:34 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Calgary here, got mine installed at Advanced Auto. Got a good cash deal.
Old 02-23-13, 04:46 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Awesome, I would love to setup a cruise with some of the calgary people on here. Too many small rocks on the road here right now. I am in Lethbridge, so we dont have any snow on the ground, just lots of rocks from previous snow falls. I did get the rock guard put on my car a few weeks ago and had it around town when it was sunny and +10 degreese. The car has mostly been sitting in the garage since November since we started getting snowfalls.

I bought my 2011 ISF in Vancouver, I just moved here in the fall. I have yet to take my ISF for its first oil change yet since it still only has 6000km on it. How did you guys find the service at the Lexus dealership in Calgary?

Also, I just ordered the DES exhaust system from ISS Forged and I also ordered a Takeda intake from them. I should get it by mid to late march! Super excited!!!!

Last edited by Bakewalk; 02-23-13 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-24-13, 09:23 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Rock guard, I would like to see and how did it cost? My rear bottoms fenders are being scratched.

Lexus of Calgary will treat you like a million dollar.

Since we are talking about people from Southern Alberta. I would like to know anyone who has either their ISF upgraded with BCR coilovers + Swift spring or had their ML audio system upgraded with Subwoofer/entire audio system especially if it’s 2011+ ISF.
Old 02-24-13, 11:53 AM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

My rock guard is on my Black ISF, so you will get a really good idea of how it looks. Black shows everything. It was $800 for the front bumper, side front fenders, 1 foot over the hood, rear fenders and mirrors. I had it done at autotrim in Lethbridge. You can come down and see it any time or you can wait until spring when I bring it up to Calgary lexus for its first oil change. Will have the exhaust and intake done by then as well.
Old 02-26-13, 03:55 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Does anyone have the ISS Forged DES exhaust sytem in Calgary? I am heading up there this weekend and would love to hear it. Same with the QES, would love to hear that as well if anyone has it. Even if they started up the car in the garage, dont have to drive it around with the recent snow...

Anyone, PM me if you are interested in showing me your DES or QES system. Thanks!
Old 02-28-13, 07:05 AM
g356gear
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy
New gasket is not required, but highly recommended. My 2012 IS-F Lexus was only several months old and I still got brand new gaskets. When it comes to performance parts, it should be done perfectly for less problems in the future.

You will need 2 - LEXUS-4144124-ISF-4 2009 LEXUS IS F Exhaust Manifold Gasket.

I got it from: dealerdirectparts.com, $25 each, about $90 shipped to Canada using USPS.

You can also get it from Lexus of Calgary for about $190.

No, you don't need new O2 sensors if it was taken out and re-install properly. I specifically talked to Jamie (?) at Tunerworks about the O2 sensors and potential CEL problems.

So far its has been about 1 month and no CEL problem. Tunerworks will do a good job but it will be expensive.
Got my gaskets here in Edmonton at West End Lexus for $64.70 each
Old 03-01-13, 07:09 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Anyone in southern alberta with IS-F with either

1. BC Racing Coilovers
2. Upgraded audio system beyond the ML

Thanks

Last edited by jadeboy; 03-01-13 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-16-13, 03:19 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Just got back from vacation. Flight landed in Calgary this morning, March 16th. Coming home I was driving along the deerfoot going south and a white ISF with a black or carbon fiber trunk passed me.

Wondering if that was anyone in here???

Also, it was -9 and snowing... My ISF will never see snow...