IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

good place to purchase BORLA catback system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-13, 11:04 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good place to purchase BORLA catback system?

instead of buying from ebay/amazon anyone know of where i can buy the system for a good price with the system being in stock too?
Old 02-20-13, 11:05 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vmatheboss
instead of buying from ebay/amazon anyone know of where i can buy the system for a good price with the system being in stock too?
Have you tried Borla directly? I saw it for like 1195 on their own website the other day.
Old 02-20-13, 11:09 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

yea ive seen their site as well. i thought there was a third party vendor on here that had it in stock and had a slightly better deal...ebay they have it for $1015 shipped
Old 02-20-13, 11:12 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vmatheboss
yea ive seen their site as well. i thought there was a third party vendor on here that had it in stock and had a slightly better deal...ebay they have it for $1015 shipped
Ah, didnt know it was going that cheap. My b
Old 02-20-13, 11:17 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

no prob. thanks for looking out though!
Old 02-21-13, 06:23 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

I got mine from Amazon.com for under $1100, with free two day shipping. Everything arrived perfectly, would recommend for sure.
Old 02-21-13, 10:26 AM
vmatheboss
Driver

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
I got mine from Amazon.com for under $1100, with free two day shipping. Everything arrived perfectly, would recommend for sure.
i was going to do amazon too but read a negative review on the seller saying that they didnt have it in stock and didnt notify the buyer....once they did have it in stock, the package came all banged up which took over a month and there were complications with the shipping carrier as well...
Old 02-21-13, 10:36 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

^^ it's probably my review you read on amazon. perhaps i was just super unlucky but gawddamn, it was a nightmare getting my exhaust. nothing in my review was exaggerated. if anything, i probably left out some details bc there was so much crap i had to deal w/, not to mention some of the most rude and incompetent amazon employees i dealt w/. there were actually a couple cheaper websites i was trying to order from but they were all out of stock at the time, which borla headquarters even confirmed. try sidestreetauto.
Old 02-21-13, 10:41 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

I remember streetsideauto had a promo code where some members got their full catback systems for $950 shipped, along with price matching. When I went to purchase mine though, promo code stopped working and was invalid for that item. I was just going to order through amazon, but found another local member who was selling his.
Old 02-21-13, 10:49 AM
vmatheboss
Driver

Originally Posted by cremaster
^^ it's probably my review you read on amazon. perhaps i was just super unlucky but gawddamn, it was a nightmare getting my exhaust. nothing in my review was exaggerated. if anything, i probably left out some details bc there was so much crap i had to deal w/, not to mention some of the most rude and incompetent amazon employees i dealt w/. there were actually a couple cheaper websites i was trying to order from but they were all out of stock at the time, which borla headquarters even confirmed. try sidestreetauto.
there were only 1 or 2, so it must have been you since there werent many sellers of that system on there...looks like you were super unlucky with the purchase...after reading that i wanted to make sure the companies had them in stock and i didnt want to go through all that crazy wait time either....and amazon employees dont know wtf they are talking about...most of the time when you call in, they route you to someone overseas that dont have a clue on whats going on with your purchase/orders

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I remember streetsideauto had a promo code where some members got their full catback systems for $950 shipped, along with price matching. When I went to purchase mine though, promo code stopped working and was invalid for that item. I was just going to order through amazon, but found another local member who was selling his.
yea it would be good if i can get it for that price...im still shopping around, i wasnt in a hurry to buy it right now, but if i came on a good price, i will jump on it
Old 02-21-13, 10:54 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

yep. out of the 5 or so amazon employees i spoke to during that ordeal, there were two in particular that were REALLY bad. on top of the thick accents which made it difficult to understand what the hell they were yappin, they really didn't know what they were talking about, anyway. i was just astonished that 3 different shipments were so badly damaged during transit, that they had to be turned away. and w/ borla corp or headquarters in CA, why were these units being shipped out from Kentucky??? anyway, good luck w/ your search.
Old 02-21-13, 11:39 AM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine from VividRacing.com, it got delivered super quick.
Old 02-21-13, 12:08 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Amazon for my axel back. No issues!
Old 02-21-13, 12:08 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Streetsideauto.com has it for $1,030 delivered, that's where I got mine - though I used a coupon code to get it down to around $950, but they no longer accept coupons on Borla. They currently the lowest price around I believe, aside from Amazon ($1,016, but there gave been shipping issues).
Old 03-26-13, 02:45 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jleonard71
Streetsideauto.com has it for $1,030 delivered, that's where I got mine - though I used a coupon code to get it down to around $950, but they no longer accept coupons on Borla. They currently the lowest price around I believe, aside from Amazon ($1,016, but there gave been shipping issues).
Just ordered mine for $1,030 out the door.

Quick Reply: good place to purchase BORLA catback system?