IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

dyno results ppe headers on bone stock isf

Old 02-17-13, 05:40 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno results ppe headers on bone stock isf

I just went to the dyno last week to establish my baseline numbers on my bone stock ISF, the result where 340whp , and saturday went to the dyno again to see if my ppe header installation gained some numbers , the result was 370whp everything else bone stock, next week ill hit the dyno again to see if a drop in and joe z gain any whp. All test where performed on the same dyno, dynojet. Ill keep you posted ad let me know what you think
Old 02-17-13, 07:33 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice gains
Old 02-17-13, 08:27 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet numbers bro! Thanks for doing this, now i can somewhat gauge myself to where im at. So after the intake, what are your plans for an exhaust?
Old 02-17-13, 10:10 PM
vmatheboss
Driver

are there there any sound differences with just PPE headers on stock?
Old 02-17-13, 11:55 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

very nice numbers,

I just ordered my PPE and can't wait to install it.

How has the sound changed since installing the headers on the stock exhaust?
Old 02-18-13, 12:11 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

nice, that was a quick install. how do you like the new power on the streets?
Old 02-18-13, 02:14 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To help the OP answer the questions regarding the exhaust sound with just the PPE headers. It gives the car a more throater exhaust note that really gets the car noticed. At idle you can tell you have something under the hood, especially at cold start. Normal driving there is no drone, but at WOT it really wakes the car up and the beastly V8 comes alilve! Now the cars sounds like you got a V8 under the hood. Hope this helps and enjoy the headers guys!

Im waiting to see what the OP has in store for the exhaust. Im thinking of going Borla since its the easiest and cheapest to get to Guam.
Old 02-18-13, 04:11 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Well i dont have any plans right now for the exhaust, i havent even checked because i dont want my f with any drone or loud noise i think next move will be custom mod of the y pipe on the oem exhaust and removal of secondary cats , who know maybe ill leave as it is !

Sound wise the car when you cold started sounds very diferent from stock, but when it reaches operating temperatures it idles down and is hardly noticeable, cruising in the street what you hear is the same oem hummmm but much louder but not to any point tht it bothers you or any body can tell you have something of course when you floor it its louder but ill say a 15% louder , for example my girl friend best friend and dad havent noticed any noise increase they dont even know i put them on . The noise in the cabin is hardly changed.

Performance wise you can feel it is a lot faster, i was impressed with my gains my goal is to reach 400 whp with the right parts i know im very far , next step is to see if really joe z intake and afe drop in put some numbers on the dyno, i dont mind if the joe z dont give numbers because ot looks good only reason i eont use it is if it lowers my numbers righ now an i hope it dont happen

Last edited by KOKISF; 02-18-13 at 04:46 AM.
Old 02-18-13, 05:07 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great numbers bro. This is what i like to see after each install. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 02-18-13, 05:40 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Good numbers and way to use the dyno the right way! You're not going to hit that magic 400whp unless you change or modify the exhaust. Perhaps a removal of the secondary cats will help. Either way though, 370whp is a very good number and I'm sure the car feels nice an lively!
Old 02-18-13, 08:06 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice numbers! Time to celebrate with some empanadas!
Old 02-18-13, 08:29 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Originally Posted by KOKISF
I just went to the dyno last week to establish my baseline numbers on my bone stock ISF, the result where 340whp , and saturday went to the dyno again to see if my ppe header installation gained some numbers , the result was 370whp everything else bone stock, next week ill hit the dyno again to see if a drop in and joe z gain any whp. All test where performed on the same dyno, dynojet. Ill keep you posted ad let me know what you think
Do you have the graphs? Your baseline and gains seem about right. I have attached the Dyno charts from two different ISFs, Mine and a friends. Mine has PPE headers, high-flow cats and a fabricated dual exhaust system with modified stock mufflers. His has PPE headers with a JoeZ exhaust and no cats. I have a Takeda Intake, he has an Injen. As you can see I'm putting out about 387HP and he's close to 400HP. But, I pull him on the bottom end, and he get's me on the top. I hope my graph help you with your decisions.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails dyno results ppe headers on bone stock isf-louvsjose2-1s.jpg  
Old 02-18-13, 02:34 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

I have the graph of the first pull stock and also the one on the headers but i dont know how to pit pics or graphs here pm w your phone no and i can text then to you and you can post them for me let me know if you can help me with that
Old 02-18-13, 02:58 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^Can you attach them to an email?

Lou
Old 02-18-13, 03:15 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You number of 30 whp is bang on. I dynoed before and after my PPE header install on the same dyno, same conditions etc... My gain was 32 whp. So many people have talked about 50-60 whp gains from headers and its just BS. With the Joe-Z exhaust youll see about 16-19 wheel as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dyno results ppe headers on bone stock isf