IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joined the LED headlight club

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 06:00 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fivepoint0
Yes I have the same problem with my bumper. Will be pulling out again sometime this weekend to see what's up.
Just wondering, any luck?
Old 02-25-13, 06:51 PM
Fivepoint0
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been busy, so sometime tomorrow I will take the bumper off.
Old 02-25-13, 09:27 PM
WebSoCal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a nice upgrade!!!! congrats!!!! always love the look of LED headlights!!!
Old 02-26-13, 12:19 AM
Brian85ISF
Driver School Candidate

Why does the auto leveling have to be disabled when converting with the newer models that also have it as well?

I rather have the headlights painted, and body mold the led nike light to the bumper LOL. Sorry I love that feature before getting out of the garage seeing the light just raise up on the neighbors garage. I like the newer set as well so not a big complaint.
Old 02-26-13, 12:45 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Auto leveling is only disabled if you pull the AFS fuse. Pulling the AFS fuse removes the blinking warning light on the dash when you do the headlight swap, since the new lights do not have AFS.

I did what many others do with the swap and covered up the warning light, so I still have auto leveling.
Old 02-26-13, 12:55 AM
Brian85ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Auto leveling is only disabled if you pull the AFS fuse. Pulling the AFS fuse removes the blinking warning light on the dash when you do the headlight swap, since the new lights do not have AFS.

I did what many others do with the swap and covered up the warning light, so I still have auto leveling.
That make sense. I never seen a start up on the newer isf so thank you. So will switching the dash cluster to the newer style prevent a light from coming on? I will consider that since I do like the having the gearing displayed on its own; Just the original style looks a little more organized...lol.
Old 03-02-13, 02:13 AM
kenysl
Rookie

Can someone point me the location of afs fuse? I find a group of fuse underneath the dash area above the gas pedal but don't know which one. Picture would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 03-02-13, 03:02 PM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenysl
Can someone point me the location of afs fuse? I find a group of fuse underneath the dash area above the gas pedal but don't know which one. Picture would be helpful. Thanks.
It's the fuse panel your talking about with the white cover. Look in the owners manual it will tell you which one to pull.
Old 03-04-13, 04:53 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IceIridium
My headlights are the glossy eyelashed 2012's and I had to trim the brackets to fit that cover. It was the only way to get them to fit properly.

Having said that though, I do notice there's a tad more side bumper gap on the passenger side, not a lot but noticeable if you compare both sides closely. Anybody notice that on your car? Any solution?
It's an easy fix. You just have to remove your bumper and reinsert it with a little more force so that it is flush, then re-bolt/rescrew. I took off the bumper expecting something in the way preventing flush fitment, buit as it turned out, I just needed to push it in a little harder.
Old 03-04-13, 11:58 PM
kenysl
Rookie

I happened to find the manual online and find that the AFS fuse is number 17. I pulled it and it is still flashing. I then went on to test out every single fuse and still no luck!!! Mines the Japanese version and looks like the fuse is lined up a little different. Do you guys get the option to turn off AFS? however, this function doesn't work anymore after changing to the 2011 LED.

Old 03-05-13, 04:54 AM
kenysl
Rookie

Never mind....I found the AFS fuse on the passenger side. Apparently its on the opposite side but somewhat the cover didn't mention AFS fuse. Anyway, thanks!
Old 03-05-13, 07:31 AM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Figure rather than creating another thread i'll just add to this one

I think i might pull the trigger on the Sewell 2012 lights as they have a sale on them again, not as good as before but still pretty cheap.

So for the stripped version from Sewell I need Bulbs and Ballast to be transfered over. My question is do i need anything else like the covers in the back?
Old 03-05-13, 09:52 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

There's a code for them 600$ off , 13ZUMAT , there you go 2012 headlight with shipping is 1400$. thanks me later
Old 03-07-13, 02:46 PM
USBISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks good! I want a set too
Old 03-07-13, 02:47 PM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how much were they before with the previous discount?

Quick Reply: Joined the LED headlight club