IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Joining the club this week!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-13, 07:27 AM
thatnewguy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joining the club this week!

So I've been creeping for a while now and wanted to wait to create my account until it was a sure thing. I'll be picking up a 2011ISF this week if I get to burn a half day, otherwise it will be this saturday. Excited to be joining the club and the community here.

One thing that stood out to me is how the people that come in here asking about the ISF/M/C63 comparisons and the "what should I buy" threads are treated. There wasn't any bashing of other cars as I expected to see like I do on the BMW forums.

I've never seen an F around here for sale or on the road, so when one popped up about 20 miles for me and it was for sale I went to check it out with the wife. I'm only 25 and we're putting off kids for another 5 years, so we figured we can afford to get this out of my system now.

Anyway... here she is. I'll throw up some more pics after I sign the papers
Old 01-20-13, 07:58 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice F and welcome to the community!

Where abouts in VA are you? We just moved here a little over a year ago and I have only seen 3 F's on the road. These are somewhat rare cars and they are definitely beautiful cars!
Old 01-20-13, 08:06 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Nice. i actually love these wheels... if you ever want the 08's let me know lol...

post some more pics..
Old 01-20-13, 08:07 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I am a VA owner as well, welcome to the club! And what do you mean "get it out of your system" when you guys have the kids, just get car seats! Four doors! I hope you will join us at the big East coast meet in April. Welcome again.
Old 01-20-13, 08:12 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Welcome! I'm arranging an all ISF meet in Delaware (with vbb above) in April... since it is central to most Northeast ISF's ..... since you're new to the community it would be a great way to learn about mods and ISF's in general!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-dover-de.html

Also, I created NEISF to bring us together........take a look and let me know if you would like to join:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sf-thread.html
Old 01-20-13, 08:21 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vbb
And what do you mean "get it out of your system" when you guys have the kids, just get car seats! Four doors!.
Yes, I have 3 kids. 1 in a forward facing seat and another in a rear facing seat and we all fit just fine. We have our family vehicle for the outings.
Old 01-20-13, 09:23 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thatnewguy
I've never seen an F around here for sale or on the road, so when one popped up about 20 miles for me and it was for sale I went to check it out with the wife. I'm only 25 and we're putting off kids for another 5 years, so we figured we can afford to get this out of my system now.
Attaboy! Although it's not going to get out of your system. But you can think that I guess.

BTW...you should NEVER think of it as "getting it out of your system" or "it's time to grow up and get a different car" kinda thing. My friend sold his 1st generation E30 M3 10 years ago and cries about it till this day. (not really cry, but you know)

Congrats! Welcome to the F-in' Club !
Old 01-20-13, 09:28 AM
thatnewguy
Driver

Originally Posted by vbb
I am a VA owner as well, welcome to the club! And what do you mean "get it out of your system" when you guys have the kids, just get car seats! Four doors! I hope you will join us at the big East coast meet in April. Welcome again.
Originally Posted by Just F Me
Attaboy! Although it's not going to get out of your system. But you can think that I guess.

BTW...you should NEVER think of it as "getting it out of your system" or "it's time to grow up and get a different car" kinda thing. My friend sold his 1st generation E30 M3 10 years ago and cries about it till this day. (not really cry, but you know)

Congrats! Welcome to the F-in' Club !
The whole "outta my system" comment was more of a bargaining point for the moment. I highly doubt getting this is going to make me want it any less later haha. I'll be sure to get some more pics up as soon as I can.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by thatnewguy; 08-18-13 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-20-13, 09:59 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

The whole "outta my system" comment was more of a bargaining point for the moment. I highly doubt getting this is going to make me want it any less later haha. I'll be sure to get some more pics up as soon as I can.

Thanks guys!
Better hope she doesn't read the forums...lmao
Old 01-20-13, 10:34 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the club, hopefully I will see you around VA. I rarely see any down in the tidewater area and little to none in the more rural areas. Congrats.
Old 01-20-13, 10:44 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrats !!! and Welcome to F family Let the mod bug bites you lolz

Last edited by ISF4life; 01-20-13 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-20-13, 10:53 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Nice and congrats!
Old 01-20-13, 12:06 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I'm only 25 and we're putting off kids for another 5 years, so we figured we can afford to get this out of my system now.
I'm 74, and I've never gotten it out of my system Welcome to the forum

Lou
Old 01-20-13, 12:12 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome to the club! There's a lot of info here with some really knowledgeable members who'll help you out in any way. Enjoy the F when you get it!
Old 01-20-13, 12:15 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

The Young and the Restless Mr Lou

Quick Reply: Joining the club this week!