41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

ISF12 vs wrx sti 01???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-13, 06:43 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So quick update guys ! He drove up on his is350 today and said he messed up his Clutch.
I asked what he got under the good he invited me over since it was headed to the shop to get replaced and Intercooler changed &turbo old turbo looked small compared to some I've
Seen before . Agreed to a friendly race at the drag strip after he gets it back

He opened the hood and to my amazement I saw nothing too impressive but yet again I don't know Subaru for nothing I snapped a pic ill post it after I figure out
How to put images up on here never done it .

Last edited by toky916; 01-17-13 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 01-17-13, 08:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

if he is a young guy, any turbo car will make him feel like he's the fastest on the road. his goal is to beat a more expensive car and then brag you spent too much for a slow car or how he spent 1/8th the price and is faster.
Old 01-17-13, 11:25 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
if he is a young guy, any turbo car will make him feel like he's the fastest on the road. his goal is to beat a more expensive car and then brag you spent too much for a slow car or how he spent 1/8th the price and is faster.
He's about mid 30s I think I should had took him up on that wager now lol And schooled him but like everyone said you never now and that a good chunk of cash
Old 01-18-13, 05:59 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by toky916
So quick update guys ! He drove up on his is350 today and said he messed up his Clutch.
I asked what he got under the good he invited me over since it was headed to the shop to get replaced and Intercooler changed &turbo old turbo looked small compared to some I've
Seen before . Agreed to a friendly race at the drag strip after he gets it back

He opened the hood and to my amazement I saw nothing too impressive but yet again I don't know Subaru for nothing I snapped a pic ill post it after I figure out
How to put images up on here never done it .
My STi looked completely stock. Everything was hidden. Big turbo under modded stock heat shield. Much larger but stock looking TMIC. Methanol pump and electronics hidden below window wipers with remote tank in the trunk. Of course you couldn't see the injectors. I also ran a unassuming and quiet twin tip exhaust to keep the boy racers away. Hell, I had a high flow cat so you couldn't smell me. You wouldn't guess I dynod many times at about 400Whp and 400WTq ;-) At 3100 LBs (I think), anything that decided to play with a crappy Subaru often learned a lesson (and got a thumbs up, I'm a nice guy).

Get some pics!!!

While I'm obviously a Suby fan boy, I love the ISF. I wanted comfort, luxury, reliability and a tire shreading V8. Definitely not a Subaru.
Old 01-18-13, 06:14 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tgui
While I'm obviously a Suby fan boy, I love the ISF. I wanted comfort, luxury, reliability and a tire shreading V8. Definitely not a Subaru.
Hey, we live for the day when we can install Perrin downpipes, Garret turbos and Crawford-built internals for our Fs, right?
Old 01-18-13, 06:24 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 7No
Hey, we live for the day when we can install Perrin downpipes, Garret turbos and Crawford-built internals for our Fs, right?
Only if one day i mean looks 4cyl with turbo could put out that much power imagine v8 turbo

Just one example of how powerful they can get and that's a v8 never would it happen in a ISF but sure would be nice
Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPhone
Old 01-18-13, 06:40 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 7No
Funny, I spent my crawford short block and other mod money on a wedding ring. I wanted that and a nice rotated turbo setup. Sigh....

BTW, I used to live in Boulder and got a few tickets in my STi around there.
Old 01-18-13, 06:41 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by toky916
Only if one day i mean looks 4cyl with turbo could put out that much power imagine v8 turbo

Just one example of how powerful they can get and that's a v8 never would it happen in a ISF but sure would be nice
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/RUfkyMCDYhU

Sent from my iPhone
Droooooooool.........
Old 01-18-13, 06:47 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Day of the sale.

Old 01-18-13, 06:03 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

I've raced a few STI's on the strip and I guess I've been lucky to never have been beat by one because I know there are some fast ones out there. They've ranged from stock to claimed 350whp. My closest race, the STI had me until the 1/8th mile, but the F has the ability to reel the competition in quickly after that with the 8 speed gearing and V8 pull.
Old 01-18-13, 09:22 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tgui
Not to be mean, but you've not told us enough to make any sort of decision.

My previous car was an STi and faster than most ISFs. You could be in for a world of hurt. My car was a mid 11's car. Problem was that I'm not a good drag racer.

As far as racing from a roll, a perfect AWD launch from 0mph is something awesome. The problem is that its hard to get right. That and it often puts all sorts of strain on the drivetrain. I've known plenty of people that snapped half shafts in STis when they launched too hard.
Well any car can be made faster than any car but a stock ISF will beat a stock STI each and every time with the same class of driver, whether from a standstill or a roll.

Anyways, he is baiting you. Be smart and just say no. If you knew for a fact it was stock, go for it. But if he's playing like he is, there is nothing to gain anyway because you got the better car even if his is faster.

Tell him to race me in my Nissan from a roll instead
Old 01-18-13, 10:12 PM
Mastermnd1
Driver School Candidate

There is no 2001 wrx or STi. The WRX came out in 2002 and the STi came out in 2004. I had one of each-at different times.
Old 01-19-13, 10:44 AM
tgui
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
I've raced a few STI's on the strip and I guess I've been lucky to never have been beat by one because I know there are some fast ones out there. They've ranged from stock to claimed 350whp. My closest race, the STI had me until the 1/8th mile, but the F has the ability to reel the competition in quickly after that with the 8 speed gearing and V8 pull.
My STi dynod more at the wheels than your ISF makes now, on the same dyno ;-) Plus, aren't you more likely to be driving a girly Prius when challenged on the road?!

* I keeeeed *
Old 01-19-13, 11:22 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ive got his 500 bucks right here... haha, call it 20-150 rolling start
Old 01-19-13, 11:28 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

STIs are parked. I say run him if your car is setup for roll racing.

Quick Reply: ISF12 vs wrx sti 01???