IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F Centre Dash Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-12, 11:53 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default IS-F Centre Dash Speaker

Hey Guys, i have searched but cant find any leads (tutorials) on how to remove and replace the centre dash speaker on the IS-F. the one that came with the car squeels alot (sounds like its about to go).

Any Help? Thank you in Advance!!
The following users liked this post:
Stunis (03-23-22)
Old 12-31-12, 12:12 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im assuming that you have the ML system? If not theres just an empty hole. Try using a credit card and lift the back edge and up and out.
Old 12-31-12, 01:24 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

yea i have ML system and that speaker looks like a B*** to remove...but ill give it a try...
Old 12-31-12, 03:26 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please let us know when or if you get that speaker out. I hope you don't have to remove the entire dash just to get to it.
Old 12-31-12, 09:07 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its super easy to remove.. first remove the cover with a credit card, then there will be two 10mm bolts which will need to be remove and from there unplug the harness, then youre done.
Old 12-31-12, 09:58 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by obby
its super easy to remove.. first remove the cover with a credit card, then there will be two 10mm bolts which will need to be remove and from there unplug the harness, then youre done.
thanks for the tip, i just got the car and didn't know that only the ML equipped Lexus IS came with the Dash speaker. i will give it a try tomorrow morning.
Old 01-01-13, 09:19 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Ok, Update... took off the speaker and it was quite easy. However do any of you know the size or a better speaker that will fit in there. I am pretty sure the dealership will want an arm and a leg for a ML speaker.

any good upgrades, will greatly appreciate it!

Name:  IMG_2032_zps3d4cdb28.jpg
Views: 3635
Size:  90.2 KB
Name:  IMG_2031_zps51d10fc3.jpg
Views: 3470
Size:  56.5 KB
Old 01-01-13, 10:17 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Is your car out of warranty? If not then Lexus will replace it. The ML sub is commonly replaced under warranty.

Last edited by RCB; 09-19-14 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-01-13, 10:32 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RCB
Is your car out of warrantee? If not then Lexus will replace it. The ML sub is commonly replaced under warrantee.
Car is out of Warranty... otherwise i would had taken it in for replacement...
Old 01-01-13, 10:52 AM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the same issue, albeit a 2011 ISF with the center speaker blown and requires replacement. ~$180 from Sewell.

I am still in warranty, but also looking to see if there are any aftermarket replacements? Thanks for anyones input...

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
Car is out of Warranty... otherwise i would had taken it in for replacement...
Old 01-01-13, 11:02 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know if is the desing of the speaker but the center portion looks off center!!!
Old 01-01-13, 11:17 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KOKISF
dont know if is the desing of the speaker but the center portion looks off center!!!
its blown.. the middle top came off...
Old 01-01-13, 12:57 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks like the center cone came unglued? If that's all it was and the coil is still good you can glue it back on. It won't hurt to try. If you are going to replace it there are a lot of options out there. If you end up replacing the speaker The ML system does not put out much power per channel so choose a replacement accordingly.
Old 01-01-13, 02:48 PM
Reyes1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy this would come up. I have an '07 IS350 with the ML System, the Center Speaker just gave out yesterday too. It sounds like a little rock is bouncing between the Speaker itself and the little "Membrane" or Cloth that covers the Speaker. Just saw another thread on another Forum (NO Pictures/Instructions) about the same thing. The person glued the Cone back on, it seems that yours might have the same issue, and that resolved the noise. I'll be taking mine out today to take a look. I will update the thread if I have any details that might help anybody that's having the same issue.
Old 01-01-13, 03:17 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kauaian
It looks like the center cone came unglued? If that's all it was and the coil is still good you can glue it back on. It won't hurt to try. If you are going to replace it there are a lot of options out there. If you end up replacing the speaker The ML system does not put out much power per channel so choose a replacement accordingly.
Perhaps gluing it will solve the issue because it does sound... thanks for the tip...

Originally Posted by Reyes1
Crazy this would come up. I have an '07 IS350 with the ML System, the Center Speaker just gave out yesterday too. It sounds like a little rock is bouncing between the Speaker itself and the little "Membrane" or Cloth that covers the Speaker. Just saw another thread on another Forum (NO Pictures/Instructions) about the same thing. The person glued the Cone back on, it seems that yours might have the same issue, and that resolved the noise. I'll be taking mine out today to take a look. I will update the thread if I have any details that might help anybody that's having the same issue.

thats the same issue i have!!! everytime i crank the music it feels like its bouncing around. i will glue it and install to see what happens..

will keep you guys posted....

Quick Reply: IS-F Centre Dash Speaker