IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2012-2013 Lowering/ Drop spring options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-13, 08:28 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey guys, I just ordered the Swift Springs from Figs site, and on there the 4T910 springs apparently correspond to 2011+. Everything I had seen prior indicated that these were for 2012+ only. Any light to shed on this? PhiDeltBee, what part number did you have on your 2011? I thought the 2012 springs were the first to be of a different sze.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 01-18-13, 08:52 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I noticed the samething on their site but when i called Swift direct, 4T910 was the part number they gave me??? Ill wait with you to see the responses of others who have installed them on a 2011 like PhiDeltBee and the part number they/he used...
Old 01-18-13, 09:49 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Words of advice, dont waste your $$$ on spring . Coilover is the way to go Swift spring and BC coils at least u can do for your F.
Old 01-18-13, 01:21 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I got word from Figs that the 4T910 part number is indeed for the 2012+ MY. Anyone needing springs for 2011 use the other part number. Glad we cleared this up.

Kevin
Old 01-18-13, 05:33 PM
JC23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to lower the front ASAP ,bought tein and it didn't work in my '12 quite a headache
Old 01-18-13, 10:19 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Yeah sorry guys about the confusion. I actually did the initial research on TIS to determine the year transition..but had a brain fart when I posted the listings.
Fixed now and there is still good 2012+ stock. All 08-11 stock is sold out for a month.
regarding blown shocks after several years, shocks do wear out and it all depends on road conditions and driving stress as to how long the seals will last. based on the monotube shock design though I would not worry about it. It does not suffer from end-effects like other OEM shocks.

thanks Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Last edited by FIGS; 01-18-13 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-24-13, 01:16 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn it guys! I stayed away from the forum trying to avoid spending more money on this car and you guys show me this???!!! Mike, I guess you'll be receiving my order soon.
Old 01-24-13, 01:27 PM
FforLife
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Juanca. Spent allday in this forum, bought a brand new 2012 F last week. Havent pick up the F yet but the Swift spring, the Ichiba 15 mm spacers all around and WeatherTech are sitting in the garage getting cold
Old 01-24-13, 01:57 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Talking Looky Looky

^ Damn ballers LOL!

On another note, I just got my springs in yesterday and will probably get a head start installing today after work and finish her up tomorrow. Cant wait! Ive been wanting to get rid of the riduculous wheel gap in the front since the first day i picked up my car, but at the sametime I didnt want to break my pockets...

And.... After waiting and waiting, finally this comes along... Thanks goodness! More to come
Old 01-24-13, 02:22 PM
FforLife
Rookie

^ Im thinking just lower the front only. The rear seem to look perfect.
Is it rue that you have to drive a week with the new springs before you could do the alignment?

Please pics before and after. Thanks.
Im still figuring out how to load pics
Old 01-27-13, 01:31 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

^ Just a heads up to everyone that purchased the 2012 Swift Sport Springs...

I installed both the front and rear springs, and the rear now sits lower than stock height. WTF? The rear wheels used to have roughly a 1/2" wheel gap at stock height, and after installing the springs, the rear wheel is tucked in the wheel well making the drop a total of 1" if not more FML! I guess Im working on the car more this weekend.

And just in my defense:
- Yes, I know I should of bought a coilover kit and I wouldnt be having this problem, but its not in my budget at the moment, but eventually I will get to it
- After the spring install, I only put 10mi on the car, so the springs have not fully settled in, but I could imagine the rears settling in and dropping the rear lower, giving me a california drop *yuck*
- Sorry I dont have pics of the install, nor do I have pics of the rear drop, but I will get around to it maybe sometime tomorrow to satisfy the curious mind and to show everyone what Im talking about

Hope this helps guys, more to come!

- Art
Old 01-27-13, 05:04 AM
FforLife
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus

I installed both the front and rear springs, and the rear now sits lower than stock height. WTF? The rear wheels used to have roughly a 1/2" wheel gap at stock height, and after installing the springs, the rear wheel is tucked in the wheel well making the drop a total of 1" if not more FML! I guess Im working on the car more this weekend.

And just in my defense:
- Yes, I know I should of bought a coilover kit and I wouldnt be having this problem, but its not in my budget at the moment, but eventually I will get to it
- After the spring install, I only put 10mi on the car, so the springs have not fully settled in, but I could imagine the rears settling in and dropping the rear lower, giving me a california drop *yuck*
- Sorry I dont have pics of the install, nor do I have pics of the rear drop, but I will get around to it maybe sometime tomorrow to satisfy the curious mind and to show everyone what Im talking about

- Art
How long did it take you to do all 4 corners? Any dificulty? pix pix pix

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 01-27-13, 08:13 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus

And just in my defense:

- Art
Can you send me pictures? I would like to bring this up with Swift. I could make you a spacer as well to get you a more favorable height, lets figure it out so that you are happy, even if I have to ship a few things to Guam
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 01-28-13, 03:16 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry these are all I could take for now, and please dont mind the car being dirty. I'll post more full shots of the car tomorrow.
FRONT Wheel Gap

REAR Wheel Gap, or lack there of You cant see it in the pics, but the wheel is tucked in the wheel well.

Last edited by aWorkOfArt; 01-28-13 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-28-13, 07:10 AM
FforLife
Rookie

FIGS,
Is it ok if I just lower the front. Im not tracking or anything. Just dont like the front gap????
Thank you much.

Quick Reply: 2012-2013 Lowering/ Drop spring options?