IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New ISF member needing mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-12, 08:57 PM
jchamoun8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kauaian
Don't go with a set if cheap-o wheels! You could face all kinds of problems and most important put yourself and others in danger. I am sure your not looking into eBay wheels per say but just throwing that out there. Get a good quality wheel that you know you can trust.

What type of driving do you plan on doing with your car? Some of those mods will serve you no purpose but just look cool installed depending on your intended use of the car.

i dont want anything cheap cheap, im thinking of spending no more than 2500 for a set without tires, i know i wont find any iforged or hre wheels, but i was looking at some vossen, or concave, hmm i dont know... i just like having the power when i need it.
Old 12-25-12, 11:54 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The sways and strut bars IMO would be a waste of money then. I/H/E are the only things for the F that will yield more power. Nothing else really on the market in the US.

The springs will make for a harder ride but look good...a nice set of coilovers with both hieght and damper adjustment would be a better choice. But based off of your response the stock suspension will be more fine.

You could also do interior and exterior items like a diffuser, lip, CF interior accents to match the OEM silver.
Old 12-26-12, 05:32 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

IMHO, the rear sway bar (the F-Sport), is a positive and inexpensive upgrade for the ISF.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-and-is-f.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-sway-bar.html

Lou
Old 12-26-12, 08:22 AM
Gonzilla24
Rookie

Originally Posted by kauaian
The sways and strut bars IMO would be a waste of money then. I/H/E are the only things for the F that will yield more power. Nothing else really on the market in the US.

The springs will make for a harder ride but look good...a nice set of coilovers with both hieght and damper adjustment would be a better choice. But based off of your response the stock suspension will be more fine.

You could also do interior and exterior items like a diffuser, lip, CF interior accents to match the OEM silver.
Where could I find the CF accents for the interior... I have been looking all over.
Old 12-26-12, 11:45 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Downforce USA . Wald. Toms, Euroteck, lexon, arkym.... There are a few choices
Old 12-26-12, 02:06 PM
haydog
Driver

Port & Polish Throttle Body; intake manifold ??
Old 12-26-12, 03:39 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont forget your NAWS LOL! But seriously though, it could be on the list of things to buy if you are not satisfied with the power of an I/H/E...

Just squeeze safely or else:

Old 12-26-12, 05:00 PM
jchamoun8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by haydog
Port & Polish Throttle Body; intake manifold ??

yeah that's what im going to do next, but I don't know of anyone who wants to sel there throttle body lol
Old 12-26-12, 05:03 PM
jchamoun8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Dont forget your NAWS LOL! But seriously though, it could be on the list of things to buy if you are not satisfied with the power of an I/H/E...

Just squeeze safely or else:

I would love to spray, I guess you csn I say im a little scared though. its the cheapest mod for the most power, but damn it if something messes up lol
Old 12-26-12, 05:38 PM
Kevin.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Congrat on the new car. Your performance mod is superb already. There is one thing I must warn you, keep in check with VIP auto salon as they have fairly bad reps. I had a bad experience with them too.
Old 12-26-12, 07:26 PM
sizquik
Driver School Candidate

Driving school
Old 12-27-12, 03:50 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gonzilla24
Where could I find the CF accents for the interior... I have been looking all over.
Carson toyota has a few things from Think Designs http://l-tunedparts.com/model/struct...d=140&cat_id=3
Old 12-27-12, 03:54 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
IMHO, the rear sway bar (the F-Sport), is a positive and inexpensive upgrade for the ISF.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-and-is-f.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-sway-bar.html

Lou
Lou,

I was stating that it would be a waste of money based on his response. The OP just wants to mod the car for more speed and doesn't seem to have any intention of tracking or going to any type of auto-x tracks and so forth. So why install those parts if your just going to drive to work and do a little spirited driving on the interestate? IMO it's just a waste of money but its not my car so feel free to mod away and enjoy!
Old 12-29-12, 10:30 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

With the correct spring rates a rear sway bar is not a game changer, even on the stiffest settings. For an 08 if you get some properly sprung coilovers and your ride and handling will both improve. If you attack the suspension it will yield a practically faster car as you will be able to go as fast as you want in the corners (not just the straights.) You can add HP all you want but if you can't put it to the ground its pretty worthless. Stable power comes from a balanced suspension and you will feel more comfortable with the power knowing its not going to send your tail into a frenzy.
Fig
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions