IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My Front Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-12, 03:13 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts
Default My Front Brakes

As many of you know, I am replacing my front rotors and pads. For the Rotors I'll be using site sponsor Adams Rotors (their double slotted design) known as their AR race double slot. I received them this morning. I'll be using Ferodo pads in their DS2500 compound. I got those from Speed Freaks. They are in transit and will be here on Thursday. It's my understanding that Speed Freaks is in the process of becoming a sponsor here. I'll keep you guys up to date on that.

It's my plan to keep you guys up to date on my progress with some text and pics.

First off, as I said my rotors arrived this morning.

They seem to be a quality built rotor beautifully finished. They weigh 26lbs each. They mic out at about 30.4mms thick.

I originally ordered a full set of four rotors, but Adam informed me he could not find any non-drilled rotor blanks that his quality control system would accept. He could only find pre drilled drilled blanks that met his quality standards. So I had the choice of a mismatched set, or adding slots to the rear drilled rotors that his quality control system would pass, and making the fronts match the rears. Since my rears are still good (as are my fronts) I chose to cancel the rear rotors, and have slotted rotors in the front and keep the stock drilled rotors and pads in the back.

Adams rotors appears to make an excellent product, but I'll know a lot more once they're installed. However, don't expect to be kept up to date on tracking info, they aren't staffed for that, to keep prices low. Also the rotors come stuffed in a USPS If it fits, it ships box. They pack two to a box, so you can imagine with 52 lbs. in a thin cardboard box, the box was pretty beat up. But, I'm sure this method of packaging, again, keeps costs at rock bottom. I'm just letting you folks know. For me, it was acceptable for the quality of the part that I received and the price I paid. IMHO, it was a good trade-off.

Pics are attached, and I don't think I need to explain what they are depict. They are self explanatory.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails My Front Brakes-rotor1s.jpg   My Front Brakes-rotor2s.jpg   My Front Brakes-rotor3s.jpg   My Front Brakes-rotor4s.jpg  
Old 12-17-12, 04:27 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

how much did u pay?
Old 12-17-12, 04:45 PM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a set of Adam's Rotors as well and can attest to the quality of the product. Excellent (IMO). Also agree about the shipping but hey, rotors were in great shape and more than worth it.
Old 12-17-12, 05:23 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They had a killer Black Friday sale posted here on the forum. I had a full set in my cart but thought about for a quick second and realized I won't need them for about another year or so. So I passed. Maybe next year?

They look awesome Lou please keep us updated!
Old 12-17-12, 05:51 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Subscribing. Would love to see/read how things feel to you after install. Thanks for starting this thread.

If you don't want to mention exact prices (that's understandable) can you at least explain how these compare to other options price-wise? It seems like whenever I do rotor research I keep reading "those are really just slotted stoptechs" kinds of things. So I'm really unclear on if that means it's good or bad, or which brands are preferred. OEM are out of the question for me due to the absurd cost.

I should need new rotors soon and am looking for a price-conscious option. Looking forward to updates on this thread.

Last edited by anxiouz; 12-17-12 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-17-12, 06:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^All Pricing for Adams Rotors is here:

http://www.adamsrotors.com/gallery/?album=1&gallery=1

Pick a style and start an order (you don't have to complete it) and you'll see the prices. And, as I said, IMHO, they are very reasonable.

Lou
Old 12-18-12, 11:55 AM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

thanks for the detailed thread & photos Lou, we look forward to hearing more...

Originally Posted by kauaian
They had a killer Black Friday sale posted here on the forum. I had a full set in my cart but thought about for a quick second and realized I won't need them for about another year or so. So I passed. Maybe next year?

They look awesome Lou please keep us updated!
yes, but we only do a sale like that once a year...
it was our biggest yet and will be around again for Thanksgiving.

Originally Posted by anxiouz
Subscribing. Would love to see/read how things feel to you after install. Thanks for starting this thread.

If you don't want to mention exact prices (that's understandable) can you at least explain how these compare to other options price-wise? It seems like whenever I do rotor research I keep reading "those are really just slotted stoptechs" kinds of things. So I'm really unclear on if that means it's good or bad, or which brands are preferred. OEM are out of the question for me due to the absurd cost.

I should need new rotors soon and am looking for a price-conscious option. Looking forward to updates on this thread.
simply see for yourself!
it's all public knowledge, built right into our website from the ground up: www.adasmrotors.com/store
(the link Lou posted above is not accurate for pricing/ordering)

---

to touch on a few things...

we are limited on rear rotor "blank" options for the IS-F only, so simply email us prior to ordering for further explanation and the most current availability of options, we can lay it out for.
(this does not effect any other Lexus application)

as for packaging, you'd be surprised at the expense these large, heavy boxes all wrapped up & ready for shipment cost with other carriers. USPS has been great to us, they are quick, and rarely ever have issue.
we ship with multiple criers (all 3 majors intact) and is all dependent on the final order's total weight & dimension.

lastly, no we don't have the manpower to send update emails to our hundreds of customers each month, when each order ships, but as I explained to Lou, we're happy to update you on the status/ETA/tracking # at the 3 week point, just email us...our response time is impeccable.

thanks again, and please...feel free to email us ANY questions you may have.
-a
Old 12-18-12, 01:44 PM
Linkseal
Driver

Hey Lou, do you know if Ferodo DS2500 pads will fit on OEM front and back brake setup?
if so, mind to share the part number and where to order?

- Link
Old 12-18-12, 01:51 PM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

^ of course...
he's running our rotors which are only made to factory fit, so said pads are for his car's OE calipers, same as yours.
Old 12-18-12, 03:44 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Linkseal
Hey Lou, do you know if Ferodo DS2500 pads will fit on OEM front and back brake setup?
if so, mind to share the part number and where to order?

- Link
Link

You have a PM. And yes the Ferodo Pads will fit any rotor designed for our Brembos.

Lou
Old 12-18-12, 04:02 PM
Linkseal
Driver

^Got it and PM'ed back, thanks again!
Old 12-18-12, 06:08 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

I have no knowledge of these rotors, but I have years and years of experience with the Ferodo DS 2500 pads. I have them on both of my Supras and I feel, for those cars, they are the best pad available bar none. If their performance on the IS-F is the same, I feel confident in saying you will not be disappointed. All that said, these pads dust every bit as much as the OEM pads. It's not a problem for me because of the time, effort and expense I go through to keep my cars clean. It might be different for others seeing as there are many complaints about how much the OEM pads dust.

For me, I'll take maximum stopping power, and the dust that goes with it, over less capable pads any day of the week. I'll be interested in your input regarding the DS 2500s, Lou. Best of luck.
Old 12-21-12, 08:10 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KJH
For me, I'll take maximum stopping power, and the dust that goes with it, over less capable pads any day of the week. I'll be interested in your input regarding the DS 2500s, Lou. Best of luck.
I'm with you there. I wipe my wheels with an old sock after every drive

And the pads came in Yesterday Will install next week.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails My Front Brakes-pads2s.jpg   My Front Brakes-pads4s.jpg  

Last edited by flowrider; 12-21-12 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-21-12, 03:29 PM
MATTatSF
Driver School Candidate

Pads and rotors look great Lou!
Old 12-21-12, 04:05 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

nice!

i think when im ready for new rotors im going with the 2 piece set from figs unless some other options pop up

Quick Reply: My Front Brakes