IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Another New Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-12, 04:06 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another New Owner!

I am the proud new owner of a 2008 SFP! I took delivery last weekend. The previous owner agreed to drive the car down from Connecticut to Maryland free of charge during the Thanksgiving weekend. By far one of easiest transactions I have ever had when purchasing a car sight unseen. I have probably purchased at least 5 cars this way and let me tell you anything can happen is somewhat an understatement. Previous owner even took the car to Lexus to get the oil changed a few days before delivery.

The car came with a Joe-Z intake, Joe-Z exhaust and navigation bypass installed. For some reason the brakes were swapped from the black lexus brembo calipers to white brembo calipers? It looks awesome IMO but I can only wonder why? I did have to replace the tires which the seller made clear prior to purchase so today I got some all season continental dws tires put on in the factory recommended size. I thought about going wider on the front and rear but I have no intentions of racing or tracking the car. The only complaint I have is the ML system and its lacking bass ability. which is what everyone seems to say about the ML system so I was prepared. I will be adding an after market subwoofer to compliment the decent system.

I like to give my cars a thorough cleaning when I get them. This lets me find all the flaws in the paint and scraps and scratches. Same for the interior, I cleaned the conditioned the leather and will be pulling out the seats to thoroughly clean the carpet. Got some all weather mats and charcoal cabin filter from Sewell Lexus. I highly advise everyone to checkout your cabin filters as most people don't change them. Most times it gets changed when people start noticing the air inside the car is starting to smell like feet, lol! Here are a few pictures I snapped of the filter I pulled out and clean non-charcoal factory filter. I will post some pictures of the car later. It's basically a stock bodied F which I think you all know what that looks like.

Last edited by kauaian; 12-04-12 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 12-03-12, 04:21 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Congrat! and Welcome , we dont care much about your air filter being very dirty just post up picture of the F lolz
Old 12-03-12, 04:33 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great purchase and welcome to the F family. I have to wonder why in the world you would think you need to pull the seats.......... Either the previous owner is a complete hog ( which I would question the rest of the car) or that is totally insane but congratulations!
Old 12-03-12, 04:46 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

I knew I would catch grief for posting a picture of a cabin filter and non of the car, lol.

ISFSteve, I hate how a bunch of god knows what ends up in between the seat and the center console. The way the F is designed I can't really get all the way down there with my shop vac! It's just driving me crazy because I see "stuff" on the carpet deep in there and I can't get to it.
Old 12-03-12, 04:59 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kauaian
I knew I would catch grief for posting a picture of a cabin filter and non of the car, lol.

ISFSteve, I hate how a bunch of god knows what ends up in between the seat and the center console. The way the F is designed I can't really get all the way down there with my shop vac! It's just driving me crazy because I see "stuff" on the carpet deep in there and I can't get to it.
Got it, you will love the car I am sure!
Old 12-03-12, 05:41 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I've always been a big fan of removing the seats on occasion to clean under them. Even if you're pretty meticulous, stuff falls down there and it's almost impossible to get it out without removing the seats.

When I got my Supra back from my Ex (long story, don't ask) I took out the seats and had to remove the carpet because it was so badly abused. I used a garden hose and laundry detergent to get it clean and fresh smelling again. The rinse water ran black for 10 minutes from all the crap she spilled on it. It took 2 days in the Sacramento summer heat to dry, but it was totally worth it.
Old 12-03-12, 06:07 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! What a nice owner to drive it down free of charge- probably saying his farewell to the car. I'm with Lance with regards to cleaning under the seats. It might seem like a pain to take them out, but to know it is completely odor free and given a nice scrubbing is well worth it in my opinion. A mini vac can only reach so far, but to have complete access to clean everything makes it much easier. Enjoy your F!
Old 12-03-12, 06:14 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome.

I hate to tell you... that Cabin Filter is not a charcoal type. That picture you show is just the particle one.

Charcoal = 87139-YZZ10

I also hope you read about putting the car in recirculation mode and not forcing the door open to change it.

Digger08
Old 12-03-12, 06:15 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

I did the exact same thing to the carpet in my previous Supra's! It smelt wonderful after but it took a while for it dry. Yes, no matter how careful you are junk gets down there. I found $.45, a business card and a plastic braclet when cleaning the F. Glad there was no food!
Old 12-03-12, 06:43 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Rumor has it the LS460 filter fits the 2IS as well. This filter is also an activated carbon filter. Part number is 87139-50100.

If I remember right, I bought a WIX filter the last time. I wasn't terribly impressed with the YZZ04 filter at all.
Old 12-03-12, 07:16 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrates you got a new toy ! you can have a cabin filter in charcoal type on ebay , it's cheap. I use charcoal cabin filters on all my cars. Have fun and you 'll love the F.
Old 12-03-12, 07:32 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've always been a big fan of removing the seats on occasion to clean under them. Even if you're pretty meticulous, stuff falls down there and it's almost impossible to get it out without removing the seats.

When I got my Supra back from my Ex (long story, don't ask) I took out the seats and had to remove the carpet because it was so badly abused. I used a garden hose and laundry detergent to get it clean and fresh smelling again. The rinse water ran black for 10 minutes from all the crap she spilled on it. It took 2 days in the Sacramento summer heat to dry, but it was totally worth it.
I understand, I guess I am thinking of myself as I don't even let anyone eat or drink in my car so nothing under mine for sure but now that we are talking about it, I did have a project car years ago where I did remove the seats but there was very obvious reasons for doing that. Guess that is the best way to start the life with a new owner.
Old 12-03-12, 09:54 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Congratulations!
Old 12-04-12, 02:06 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by digger08
Welcome.

I hate to tell you... that Cabin Filter is not a charcoal type. That picture you show is just the particle one.

Charcoal = 87139-YZZ10

I also hope you read about putting the car in recirculation mode and not forcing the door open to change it.

Digger08
The one I removed was just a standard particle filter. I did purchase the correct charcoal filter from Sewell I just used a standard filter I had laying around from my wife's sequoia to show the difference. A
Old 12-04-12, 04:12 AM
BULLIT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your purchase. Please keep us updated on what you do with the stereo, I have also just purchased ISF (not received it yet) and am concerned about the bass in ML system, I'm sure it's easy to install a aftermarket sub but thought Lexus may have updated this over the years as it seems everyone complains about the lack of bass

Quick Reply: Another New Owner!