Back again.... Questions about ML sound/volume quality

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-12, 10:58 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Coming for the 2007 IS 350 ML to a 2012 IS-F ML,

The different I noticed:

1. The volume is way too weak, in the 350, I rarely if ever go above 30, in the IS-F I have to above 50.
2. The speakers are way too “Bright”, I had to turn the treble to all the way down and it still seems too bright.
3. The Bass response is way too weak; I have to adjust the Bass to close to MAX.

Some Lexus engineer messed up here.Lexus should be ashamed of the themselves; the “Pursuit of Perfection” is not even close here. When I spend more money I expect to get better quality. I would like Lexus Corporate to provide a respond to this issue.

We need someone with 2008 and an another with 2011+ ISF and try to compare and figure out what Lexus did.
Old 12-08-12, 02:18 PM
CCLSVTF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. I love my ML.... Had an 03 Ford Lightning which had a system that I can't remember but I remember it sucked. Had an 05 Silverado SS with the Bose system, it sucked. Had my 06 Charger SRT 8 which came stock with a Kicker system, sucked. I took it to a shop and they removed the stock amp and put a better one in and it was better. My 08 M3 had the enhanced premium system, it sucked and would distort when turning it up after a certain level.... I love the ML. I turn it up full blast and 0 distortion. Bass is pretty good too for a stock system.
Old 12-08-12, 09:52 PM
ISF77
Driver School Candidate

I agree. I bought my 2011 ISF new and the ML system is very very weak. Am really disappointed. I have to turn it up to about 30 to hear the full range of music, but can get too loud to hear my surroundings. I must say that it is clear and no distortion, but not acceptable imo..
Old 12-09-12, 05:37 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default blown passenger speaker after 2 weeks

I have had my 2012 ISF for just over 2 weeks, and yesterday I noticed the main passenger side speaker is now blown. Pathetic...

I have given the Sewell Lexus dealer an earful, and they are rushing me to bring the car in. Ill let you guys know how things turn out.

Really disappointed with the sound system. I am not letting this go at all until I am happy with the sound system.

What a piece of junk, my ex wife's 2007 Audi A4 sounds better!
Old 12-10-12, 06:56 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Well what would they end up doing ?
Changing out your whole system ...
Old 12-11-12, 03:39 AM
BULLIT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received my car and absolutely love it except the stereo is ordinary compared to my Audi RS5 and C63.
Think it needs more than just a sub, maybe a complete overhaul.
Old 12-11-12, 09:52 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

I think it's time to voice our opinion to Lexus Corporate. I been trying to find their email address and have not been able to find it, anyone know what it's for Canada? Someone here need to write one for the US and point provide a link back to this thread.
Old 12-14-12, 01:21 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Has anyone replaced the factory ML speakers for an after market setup? Also, what is the wattage out put of the ML amp? I think the all is well with the exception of the subwoofer.
Old 12-15-12, 11:20 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Default not much done :(

Well they replaced the blown speaker...

But, "works as designed"...

I had the audio tech and the sales lady sit in a bunch of cars and listen to the music I was listening to, and we compared a bunch of cars with ML and a bunch without. The sound profile on the ML is very different. Everyone agreed with me, yay. But there was nothing to replace really. The ML system, simply put, sucks.

They recommended after market would be the way to go if I wanted a better sounding system. Ironic.

So...I am now shopping for alternatives to the poor bass response that system puts out (my primary complaint)

The irony, also, is the ISF I bought came loaded as do all the ISF's. There is no option without the ML system. You are stuck with it.

It is serioulsy the worst factory sounding sound system in a car I have ever had to listen to.
Old 12-15-12, 11:35 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Darkoozy,

Did you tell them previous years IS-F (2008-2010 ?) and ISX50 ML sound better? How can get get a later model, higher end and most expensive ML and it's worst then the previous year.

They dont live up to the Philosophy of "Pursuit of Perfection".
Old 12-15-12, 11:59 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

The JBL system in my wife's sequoia is worst! But it gets a lot louder than the ML system
Old 12-16-12, 08:17 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Default given up...

Any folks here in the Dallas area that know of or trust after market installers with their cars...

I am looking to replace the amp, speakers, sub etc, but keep everything "factory" looking. I am not looking for speaker boxes or a trunk layered with amps. Just a simple quality replacement with no loss of functionality of the main system.

Any pointers would be great...
Old 12-17-12, 09:01 PM
Repro
Driver School Candidate

Default same boat

Darkoozy,

I'm literally in the same boat - in Dallas, looking for a simple install that will give me a somewhat decent system while still looking reasonably stock.
Old 12-18-12, 06:25 AM
Wakemaker8
Driver

check out the North Texas Lexus facebook page. I believe there is a guy who works for a quality audio installer on there. I'll see if I can find you a link.

EDIT: you can find them here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nor...-facebook.html
Old 12-18-12, 08:31 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Default no facebook

Not on facebook and dont want it either...

Any other suggestions would be very welcome...

Quick Reply: Back again.... Questions about ML sound/volume quality