IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

No Future ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-12, 05:09 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my point is people already know what an "M" is, even my grandmother - no one has a clue what an "F" is, and if they think they do then they are usually referring to an F Sport - If Lexus wants to sell more IS-F's then they need to make it unique in both performance as well as looks
Old 11-10-12, 05:16 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ISF needs ALL WHEEL DRIVE version and sales would do MUCH better. Folks like us in Denver, Midwest, east coast would not buy an ISF for it to simply sit through winter. Demand would be higher with an AWD like Audi's S-Line and etc.
Old 11-10-12, 05:24 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the IS-F was AWD it would be considerably slower than its competitors due to extra weight, less mpg and lack of power to compensate. Sales would drop in other areas..
Old 11-10-12, 05:27 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFpat
If the IS-F was AWD it would be considerably slower than its competitors due to extra weight, less mpg and lack of power to compensate. Sales would drop in other areas..
They would have to compensate in other areas in order to incorporate an AWD system. Audi's S-Line does just fine, here in Denver, where i have a auto dealer, S-Lines outsell non S-Lines believe it or not. There is no way an AWD IS-F Would not sell. The Dodge SRT line does well because it too has a AWD line.

Infiniti bought out a IPL (Infiniti Performance Line) line which 80% of the regular people don't even know about and will also fail.
Old 11-10-12, 06:04 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
They would have to compensate in other areas in order to incorporate an AWD system. Audi's S-Line does just fine, here in Denver, where i have a auto dealer, S-Lines outsell non S-Lines believe it or not. There is no way an AWD IS-F Would not sell. The Dodge SRT line does well because it too has a AWD line.

Infiniti bought out a IPL (Infiniti Performance Line) line which 80% of the regular people don't even know about and will also fail.
Which raises the price and puts it in a different category. You're asking for car in a market that Lexus did not intend to compete in. The IS-F is and always will be a competitor to a M3 and C63 and I believe CTS-V. Which are all RWD cars.
Old 11-10-12, 06:11 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

IS-F does not need to be AWD. The IS 250 comes in AWD if people need a winter car. Performance cars are not geared toward using in the snow. Just like people aren't going to buy an M3 or Z06 as an all season car. There are plenty of AWD cars available for that market of people.
Old 11-10-12, 06:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

they did discontinue the HS and emerge with an ES300H. maybe (if this car show dude isn't FOS) they will bring the F back as a n LF-CC with a slightly different body style and 4 doors. and the ES300H just appeared out of no where right after the HS was discontinued. so F owners might be in for a surprise. i for one would like to see an LF-CC style F with just a few minor styling cues to let people know that it's still an F.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 11-10-12 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-10-12, 07:26 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

I read an interview in (i believe in Road&Track or Motortrend) with Toyota's CEO, Mr.Toyoda.
He most definitely stated the next IS-F will be produced. Released two years after the next generation
IS250/350 is out. His words.
Old 11-10-12, 07:43 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Maybe I am smoking crack here, but what other SRT product has AWD except the Grand Cherokee???
Old 11-10-12, 07:48 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rossi
I read an interview in (i believe in Road&Track or Motortrend) with Toyota's CEO, Mr.Toyoda.
He most definitely stated the next IS-F will be produced. Released two years after the next generation
IS250/350 is out. His words.
I hope that isn't true...one year is acceptable but two is not.
Old 11-10-12, 08:48 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
So I was at the Miami International Car show last night and was told by a Lexus spokesperson that the ISF was going be discontinued. In disbelief, I looked around to find no ISF. In not sure if he was full of it or what, but he seemed to have some backing with the fact that no ISF was displayed. We then got into a discussion about the LFA and why so many of them have been sitting in showrooms around miami for this long.... And so I didn't probe more about the ISF.

Has anyone heard any news of this happening? Are ISF sales really low enough for Lexus to want to behead the model? We have plenty of ISFs in my town so I may not notice how rare these cars are.
Don't believe it. I hear just the opposite from my friends a Lexus. Take a deep breath.

The best is yet to come. Remember: the F and LFA are the essence of the brand and what all other cars in the lines aspire to.
Old 11-10-12, 09:27 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymkata
I hope that isn't true...one year is acceptable but two is not.
In 2006 the second generation of IS was released........2008 ISF came out.
Pretty consistent I would say.
Old 11-11-12, 06:02 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF001
Don't believe it. I hear just the opposite from my friends a Lexus. Take a deep breath.

The best is yet to come. Remember: the F and LFA are the essence of the brand and what all other cars in the lines aspire to.
Ya , after reading the responses I've got a new idea of what the ISF is for the Lexus brand. Main reason that I was worried was the fact that they stopped showing the ISF at the show. Its going to be hard, but I really hope Lexus comes out with a beast for the next gen F. The M and AMG camps have shown their cards, so hopefully Lexus takes advantage if the situation and trumps then both.
Old 11-11-12, 10:00 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rossi
In 2006 the second generation of IS was released........2008 ISF came out.
Pretty consistent I would say.
Yes I understand, but the 2008 ISF was the first F product ever so the timeline isn't necessarily indicative of what it will be this time. I can understand waiting 1 year to make sure that the performance model is properly built on a new platform, but 2 years would just be bad business.
Old 11-11-12, 12:17 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The trouble with Infiniti's so-called Performance line is that it isn't. If they were to slap a blower or turbo on the v-6, THEN it would be performance, but just to add an intake and "sport" exhaust - ?

Quick Reply: No Future ISF?