IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F vs. Maserati Gran Tursimo

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-12, 03:08 AM
G9N
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS-F vs. Maserati Gran Tursimo

So the other night, I'm driving home about 10 greater than the speed limit. All of a sudden, a car passes me driving 10 or so mph more than I was and sounded phenomenal. We both get caught at the red light and I pulled up and it was a Maserati he had his windows down. I commented "Nice car sounds great. Does that have the dual clutch transmission?" He replied "Yeah it's fast too." My rebuttal "When the light goes green wanna see how fast?" He then remarked "Sure what's that? A Lexus IS? Aren't those just grocery getters?" I said "IS F." He said "We'll see."

Light turns green; we tear off; I instantly get about a car length on him before I shift from first. I wanted to prove my point so before I shift I let off and let him get a car on me. I shift to second and start to easily walk him down. Before shifting out of 3rd, I was a half a car length ahead of him again.

We reached the next red light and he said "I guess that's not just a grocery getter." to which I replied with a slight smirk "Guess not."
Old 11-06-12, 04:43 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Haha. NIce kill. Are you in south florida? One of my neighbors has a black Gran Turismo that sounds amazing, but is probably pig slow.
Old 11-06-12, 04:59 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

yeah man nice cars but soooo slow, lol
Old 11-06-12, 05:18 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
yeah man nice cars but soooo slow, lol
well, it's weight doesn't help it's cause. The power output is around 440-445 across the board, but the lightest model is 4,145 lbs. That's heavy. But of course, it's still a Maserati.
Old 11-06-12, 06:16 AM
kteng7
Driver

hummm..didn't know that our F can easily take down Maserati that easy...
Old 11-06-12, 06:28 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

lol, thats awesome. no one around here even knows what ithe isF is. they tell me, nice is250...lol
Old 11-06-12, 06:47 AM
G9N
Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Haha. NIce kill. Are you in south florida? One of my neighbors has a black Gran Turismo that sounds amazing, but is probably pig slow.
Yeah Ferrari motor sounds sick! They aren't as fast as they look or their price tag would suggest. Nope I'm in Gainesville. Are there many meets in FL? I'd love to make it to one.

Originally Posted by kteng7
hummm..didn't know that our F can easily take down Maserati that easy...
I was kind of shocked at first but then remembered they only have about 30 or so more HP than the F and about 600 lbs of curb weight and not great gear ratios

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
lol, thats awesome. no one around here even knows what ithe isF is. they tell me, nice is250...lol
Lol happens more often than not.
Old 11-06-12, 07:09 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

It's fun hanging with some of the big boys. A buddy of mine has a Austin DBS that I thought would absolutely walk our F's, not the case at all and surprised both of us when I walked away

But at the same time I have been absolutely ruined at the strip by a highly modified 91 civic hatch.
Old 11-06-12, 07:35 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just goes to show you how important weight is! My turbo civic will destroy my F, it's crazy what FI and a light car are capable of. Nice kill, and the sound of that car is pure sex, heard one the other night when some guy was hot ******* around. Too bad I wasn't in the F!
Old 11-06-12, 07:50 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^When modified correctly civics and integras can pretty much walk anything. The aftermarket availability is endless. They get such a bad name because the majority of them are "riced" out and slow.

As far as the Mas goes... the depreciation on them is just crazy, considering they go for $120K+ new... the price range on 08-10 GranTurismo is $55k - $70k. When you factor in more depreciation and maintenance costs... not worth it. But they do sound AMAZING.

If I had money to burn, I would have gotten a Mas GT instead of the F. A Mas would def turn heads more than the F. But reading up on $1500 tuneups and astronomical service costs turned me away.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 11-06-12 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-06-12, 09:49 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

First of all good kill!

Do you have any mods? Im surprised you beat him that easily.
Old 11-06-12, 09:50 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
It's fun hanging with some of the big boys. A buddy of mine has a Austin DBS that I thought would absolutely walk our F's, not the case at all and surprised both of us when I walked away

But at the same time I have been absolutely ruined at the strip by a highly modified 91 civic hatch.
Aston DBS...you got to be kidding. Now I can boast more...My friend with a challenger always talks trash but never races me. I see why now haha.
Old 11-06-12, 10:31 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Get intake , exhaust, header and u r ready for battles and the sound is a amazing
Old 11-06-12, 10:33 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Hahahaha nice kill!
Old 11-06-12, 04:31 PM
JC23
Rookie

LOL am glad you spanked him situations like this make me a bit mad,he obviously never had a car that had 400 hp before,Maserati's are just a nice,hand made,ferrari engine car but it depreciates like crazy and even depreciated aint worth the cash...they are extremelly slow its all show and no go....and this is coming from a maserati owner...i had 2 quattroportes and drove a gran turismo plenty of times the 4.2 and 4.7s version they come equipped with a zf transmission not as good as the F unless u buy a granturismo mc stradale or a quattroporte gts....poor guy even a bolt on 350z can beat this cars...here is my you tube channel with both of my quattroportes and the exhaust i did for them..the blue got traded for my '12 F and never looked back...now when i see any maserati I just think to myself wow if he only knew how slow it is and how much hes gonna get when he trades it in LOL ..maserati's were my dream cars until I owned 2 of them...they are awesome at pulling chicks though

http://www.youtube.com/user/jcstrada...e=results_main