IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Austin Texan - 2013 Circuit of The Americas Track Weekend

Old 11-04-12, 01:36 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Austin Texan - 2013 Circuit of The Americas Track Weekend

My last track event held at the Autobahn was done so by MVP track time.

It seems like Mark Pfeffer (President, MVP Track Time) is trying to set some magic up for you Texas IS-Fs. Brand new F1 track, what a place to drive the F!!!!!

Mark does this b/c he loves to track and his staff of driving instructors are mostly local volunteers. He brings his track car to his events too. Below is his email looking for support. Show some support if you're interested and register quickly when and if it becomes available. They sell out quick!

Good Day All:

Hopefully the subject line caught your attention. Since you are reading this e-mail, I trust you may be intrigued by the idea of driving on America's newest F1 track in Austin, Texas.

For some time, MVP Track Time has been in conversations with the new US Formula 1 track, Circuit of The Americas (COTA) [http://circuitoftheamericas.com], in Austin, Texas about renting the F1 track for a track weekend. Would you like to drive the same track Alonso, Vettle, Raikkonen and Button will race on in The USA, before they do? It appears I'm not the only one who'd like to drive COTA, as conversations with many attendees at our track events has been positive about the idea of a COTA track event.

The purpose of this e-mail is to determine if the commitment is there from MVP Track Time's clientele. This is a very ambitious committment (After all they spent something along the lines of $250M building COTA) on MVP's behalf and I need to see if we can make this work. Here's the skinny if MVP jumps in to rent Circuit of The Americas.
•The track event will probably be a three day weekend event, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but we are inquiring about Saturday & Sunday only as well. (Offer your opinion)
•Preliminary dates are March 15-17, 2013 for three days, or March 16-17, 2013 for two days.
•Due to the track rental cost we must switch to a four(4) run-group format instead of our usual three run-group format, BUT we will schedule four longer sessions each day for each run group, so we still schedule approximately two hours of track time daily for each run group.
•Realistically for each driver, figure $600-$650 if we only go Saturday & Sunday, or $750-$850 if we go Friday-Saturday-Sunday. I'm leaning toward 3 days becuase of my drive from St. Louis.

What MVP needs from each of you is a verbal or e-mailed "Yes" or "No" to determine if we go beyond this e-mail. We are not yet asking for any entry fees or registrations yet, just a pseudo survey to gauge interest. Please take a few minutes to think it over, have the discussion now with your significant other (My wife has already said I can go play in Austin!) and then drop me a Yeah or Nay e-mail at Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com or call me at (314) 249-3770.

Circuit of The Americas, home of The US Grand Prix for the forseeable future, is a unique 3.47 mile track event opportunity so I hope you'll join us to come drive for a long, 3-day weekend at Circuit of The Americas. I look forward to hearing from each of you. Happy Motoring.

Mark Pfeffer - President, MVP Track Time
www.MVPTrackTime.com
E-mail: Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com
Old 12-08-12, 05:03 AM
Feffman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

COTA sold out in 72 hours.

Hope to see more Lexus at the track in 2013.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old 12-08-12, 08:37 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Son of a chicken!! How'd I miss this??
Old 12-08-12, 09:05 AM
Wakemaker8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to come do this next time it happens.
Old 12-08-12, 06:15 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

These events are open to spectators, you should still go. Great opportunity to see supercars in action.
Old 12-08-12, 10:52 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I watched the F1 a few weeks ago 1st debut at Austin new track look awesome
Old 12-09-12, 03:50 PM
Blacky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to see some "real" 5.0 Litre V8's going around this track, remember the V8Supercars from downunder are there in May next year.

Chevy Vs Ford (old school), plus the new NIssan and Mercedes!!

5.0 V8 + 600 HP rear wheel drive tin tops, that can turn both left and right LOL

Can't wait, we will be there with bells on, even if it going to take us + 20- years to get there.

Should be fun.

Of course the ISF is a real V8 as well but you'll love the V8Supercars, get up close and personal.