IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

novel recent dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-12, 08:04 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

"For all you newcomers to CL, take comments from veterans, as constructive criticism and grow thick skin. Realize that a comment from a CL contributor is not personal b/c they are speaking from experience. "

I agree and second this. Don't take their comments and tone personally. They are only criticizing from their OWN experiences.
Old 11-04-12, 04:51 PM
Dinma001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again a bit of speculation, but according to the manufacturers Facebook page ( I know its a bit like quoting Wiki) he can tune the US spec ISF.

https://www.facebook.com/NOVEL.JP
Old 11-04-12, 06:48 PM
G9N
Driver

Considering their headers are just over $7000. I'm pretty sure the ECU flash if possible to be done is going to be $10,000+. I'm interested to see if they are able to pull it off. However, factory tunes are put in place stress reasons as well as to meet emissions regulations. If a tune does become available and you purchase it, you're decreasing the reliability of the car.
Old 11-05-12, 06:48 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by G9N
Considering their headers are just over $7000. I'm pretty sure the ECU flash if possible to be done is going to be $10,000+. I'm interested to see if they are able to pull it off. However, factory tunes are put in place stress reasons as well as to meet emissions regulations. If a tune does become available and you purchase it, you're decreasing the reliability of the car.
$7000 headers are a joke. These cars are not Ferraris or Lamborghinis
Old 11-05-12, 07:21 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
$7000 headers are a joke. These cars are not Ferraris or Lamborghinis
Even then, still not worth it.

I know that Long Tube Corvette/GTO/Camaro headers were around 1700-1500 dollars and people still laugh/balk at at that.

The headers that are made for the IS-F so far are not even long tubes...
Old 11-09-12, 02:49 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Any follow up with them coming on November 10th? New information?
Old 11-09-12, 04:27 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

im meeting up with them at 12pm at the hilton lax tomorrow
Old 11-09-12, 04:34 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

^^ nice! keep us posted.
Old 11-09-12, 07:47 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to email their sales guy to meet up but I'm in the east coast at the moment =/ Let us know how it goes!
Old 11-10-12, 08:59 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updates???
Old 11-10-12, 09:40 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

long day today.just got back from LA. good news or bad news first? lol well novel is still positive that our ecus will accept the sard ecu writer ,im emailing them my ecu serial number so its 100% it will work ...bad news...its gonna cost about $2500 thats for just shipping an ecu to japan and novel tweaking the ecu. if the car is there or if they come to the states....add another grand. thats for dyno runs and matching the ecu completely to the car. they are planning another trip back here early next year which they will bring the sard ecu writer. im not to suprised on the price. expensive? yes but with sard and novel being the only ones out there trying do this...im more than likely going to have them tune my ecu.
Old 11-11-12, 05:28 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by amgone75
long day today.just got back from LA. good news or bad news first? lol well novel is still positive that our ecus will accept the sard ecu writer ,im emailing them my ecu serial number so its 100% it will work ...bad news...its gonna cost about $2500 thats for just shipping an ecu to japan and novel tweaking the ecu. if the car is there or if they come to the states....add another grand. thats for dyno runs and matching the ecu completely to the car. they are planning another trip back here early next year which they will bring the sard ecu writer. im not to suprised on the price. expensive? yes but with sard and novel being the only ones out there trying do this...im more than likely going to have them tune my ecu.
That sucks but is good. I have another idea. I was looking around and was thinking of purchasing this SARD reader. The cost is a little high, but I think with one in the states a tuner could learn how to tune with it.
Old 11-11-12, 05:37 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Well $2,500 isn't that bad if you ask me, with the limited options we have I think it's a pretty decent option they're giving to allow you to actually have a tuned ECU.

I had my (G35) ECU Shipped to Japan for tuning and it cost me around $500~$700 total with shipping (Can't remember the exact amount)

Now if I had an ISF with Exhaust and Headers installed I'd be more than happy to pay $2.5k for a decent increase in horse power....What other options do we have?
Old 11-11-12, 06:23 AM
RobPR
Rookie

Is it possible to buy the writer and have any tuner program my car? Will this writer work with any Lexus? If so, there are a lot of good tuners here in PR that will tune any car, It can also be of good business to a tuner to buy the writer and star tunning cars in the US.
Old 11-11-12, 01:28 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RobPR
Is it possible to buy the writer and have any tuner program my car? Will this writer work with any Lexus? If so, there are a lot of good tuners here in PR that will tune any car, It can also be of good business to a tuner to buy the writer and star tunning cars in the US.
From my research you can buy the reader. It's getting a tuner to learn the software and be comfortable with tuning the car.

Quick Reply: novel recent dyno numbers