IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

S4Play Rear Diffuser Issues

Old 10-20-12, 04:02 PM
PNY
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4Play Rear Diffuser Issues

Anyone else had issues with this? The first I ordered had bad molding so the top area was cracked and the whole piece was basically lopsided. Their attitude was good on sending me a replacement but the replacement was bad also, same problems. They asked me to send this second one back before sending me the third. I went to take it off and the self ratcheting screws had fallen out in some places! Has anyone else had issues like this? I'm hesitant to put a third attempt on the car even though I think they look great.
Attached Thumbnails S4Play Rear Diffuser Issues-img_0639.jpg  
Old 10-20-12, 04:36 PM
RC5000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine looked the same way purchased a year ago so it must be this way on all of them. Issues at the rear edge and generally lopsided. Specifically one fin is more out of line than the others. I was upset about it and it made lining it up right on the bumper tricky, but I mounted mine an inch or so further under the car so you cant see the imperfect edge.
Old 10-20-12, 05:53 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Its supposed to be further under the bumper, not right up at the edge.
Old 10-20-12, 06:00 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ehhh that sucks
Old 10-20-12, 06:48 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

I cut one fin off of mine and centered it between the bracket bolts that hold the exhaust tips. I feel it looked best that way. Like what was already mentioned, it goes underneath more.
Old 10-20-12, 07:55 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

That sucks. Good thing I didnt bother getting one of these.
Old 10-20-12, 08:35 PM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this diffuser on my car w/o these issues. Maybe just a bad mold batch?
Old 10-20-12, 09:23 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

That's one of the first pics I've seen of the diffusor lip showing. I thought it was supposed to be way farther back? That doesn't excuse the quality but from what I've seen at car meets and in pics...if you move it back a bit it won't be an issue.
Old 10-21-12, 02:05 AM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I wrote up a DIY for my diffuser installation process on my 350. My install is rock solid and I'm super happy with the look!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-diffuser.html
Old 10-21-12, 05:42 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

After two years, I'm still happy with mine

Lou
Attached Thumbnails S4Play Rear Diffuser Issues-diffuser-1s.jpg  
Old 10-24-12, 09:48 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OP: I am sorry you got two units (both in the bad batch) apparently something got wedged in our molds and has since been fixed. We have also upgraded our attachment hardware to stainless steel now.

I remember someone at our office told me about this problem you were having and we're more than happy to replace it but we need your damaged unit back for warranty purposes

Please email us directly and we will be happy to correct this issue since we want everyone to be happy with their purchase!

*As noted by the other members the diffuser needs to sit lower under the car since the protruding lip is NOT supposed to be visible if you stand directly over the rear bumper looking down. We have instructions we would be happy to email you a copy too.

cheers!
Old 01-31-13, 07:35 AM
PNY
Rookie

Originally Posted by s4play
OP: I am sorry you got two units (both in the bad batch) apparently something got wedged in our molds and has since been fixed. We have also upgraded our attachment hardware to stainless steel now.

I remember someone at our office told me about this problem you were having and we're more than happy to replace it but we need your damaged unit back for warranty purposes

Please email us directly and we will be happy to correct this issue since we want everyone to be happy with their purchase!

*As noted by the other members the diffuser needs to sit lower under the car since the protruding lip is NOT supposed to be visible if you stand directly over the rear bumper looking down. We have instructions we would be happy to email you a copy too.

cheers!
Thanks for the help. Can you send me a new one so I have some sort of box to send the old one back? I'm back in Cali now (instead of Alaska) so shipping $s and time will be considerably shorter.
Old 02-01-13, 07:10 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PM replied! We have no problem sending a replacement but we need your unit back first as we told you before.

Diffusers are in stock and ready for shipment. New inventory has thicker plastic and your choice of SS or black hardware:

Old 02-01-13, 08:29 AM
DS2k
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s4play
PM replied! We have no problem sending a replacement but we need your unit back first as we told you before.

Diffusers are in stock and ready for shipment. New inventory has thicker plastic and your choice of SS or black hardware.
Where can I order one of these?
Old 02-01-13, 08:48 AM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...-diffuser.html

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-20...80505338890%26

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S4Play Rear Diffuser Issues