IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Rear facing infant seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-12, 08:58 PM
LionelHutz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear facing infant seat?

Have heard some conflicting info on this. Can an IS-F functionally fit a rear-facing infant seat?
Old 10-19-12, 09:07 PM
Sgt350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Can it fit; yes. Comfortably not really...
Old 10-19-12, 09:24 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes it can. I have a Britax in my IS-F currently. Not all fit correctly so it's best to test fit them before buying it. Baby's R Us will allow you to test fit before purchasing.
Old 10-19-12, 09:38 PM
08F
Driver School Candidate

It fits in the car, but the passenger seat has to be almost all the way forward in mine but that is with the seat somewhat reclined. I guess if you had the seat not reclinded at all you could keep it back more.
Old 10-19-12, 09:46 PM
FD3SISF
Lead Lap

I guess I have to find a small car seat for my car.
Old 10-20-12, 04:42 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I've got a chicco rear-facing seat. It fits. I just have it on the passenger side and adjust the seat accordingly. If my wife is in the car too, she can sit in the passenger seat without being uncomfortable, but she is only 5'1".

Just set the memory seat position 2 or 3 to whatever you use when the baby seat is in there. I assume the is-f won't be the primary baby hauler.
Old 10-22-12, 03:59 PM
CCLSVTF
Driver

Just remember, fo CA law, you only need a rear facing seat until the baby reaches maximum weight of 22-35 lbs, or when the head is close to the top edge.

You can find good CA car seat info on www.carseat.org, or call 800-745-SAFE....

LOL, I just got the flyer from CHP so I'm quoting from that.... Ha
Old 01-15-13, 06:36 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman16
Yes it can. I have a Britax in my IS-F currently. Not all fit correctly so it's best to test fit them before buying it. Baby's R Us will allow you to test fit before purchasing.
Can you or anyone post a picture of Britax in the ISF? I am in the market for a baby seat - due in March and hoping any type of seat will fit the IS350 and ISF.

What i know for sure will fit is my stokke stroller in the trunk...
Old 01-15-13, 06:45 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, I fit a rear facing and forward facing seat at the same time. I have a 7 month old girl and a 4 year old girl. I put the 4 year old behind me and the rear facing behind the passenger. My wife is 5'4" and says it's not bad at all in the front seat. Of course we usually take the Escalade with the kids, but when we need it....it works.

It's a chicco.

P.S. And that, my friends, is why the GT-R left the stable!

Last edited by PhiDeltBee; 01-15-13 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-15-13, 06:54 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
Hmm, I fit a rear facing and forward facing seat at the same time. I have a 7 month old girl and a 4 year old girl. I put the 4 year old behind me and the rear facing behind the passenger. My wife is 5'4" and says it's not bad at all in the front seat. Of course we usually take the Escalade with the kids, but when we need it....it works.
Hey Phi,

Can you post a pic or send me a pic via email? I personally think i won't need a big car for first few years (3?), if needed, I will borrow my parent's highlander for longer trip.

Not looking to move the whole house just a day to the park....
Old 01-15-13, 07:02 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaolin
Hey Phi,

Can you post a pic or send me a pic via email? I personally think i won't need a big car for first few years (3?), if needed, I will borrow my parent's highlander for longer trip.

Not looking to move the whole house just a day to the park....
I can tonight. Right now I only have the forward facing seat in. It stays in all the time and I only put in the rear facing when we take the 7 month old.
Old 01-15-13, 07:08 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
I can tonight. Right now I only have the forward facing seat in. It stays in all the time and I only put in the rear facing when we take the 7 month old.
That's will work too.

If you also don't mind and let me know the brand and model you have for the front and rear. I know you mentioned Chicco.

Baby shower is coming up this week so hopefully we can get something or exchange one from baby R us.
Old 01-15-13, 07:22 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have both rear facing and forward facing seats in the F. The rear facing obviously takes up majority of the foot space for the passenger but my wife who is 5'6" says its fine sitting in the passenger seat with the baby seat installed. Like most we have a larger SUV to transport the family on our outings. I leave the seats installed because me and wife take turns picking up and dropping off the little ones depending on our schedule.
Old 01-15-13, 08:03 AM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might also want to check out the Maxi Cosi Mico infant carrier.
http://www.amazon.com/Maxi-Cosi-Mico.../dp/B004GJYU48

we're expecting our second one in April so I've been looking for a smaller infant carrier to fit in the F. i haven't actually test fit this particular seat yet.

i've also installed our Recaro ProRide convertible [in rear facing] for our toddler in the F before. like others said, it fits, but definitely not comfortable like in our larger SUV.

Last edited by caveman; 01-15-13 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-15-13, 08:36 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kauaian
I also have both rear facing and forward facing seats in the F. The rear facing obviously takes up majority of the foot space for the passenger but my wife who is 5'6" says its fine sitting in the passenger seat with the baby seat installed. Like most we have a larger SUV to transport the family on our outings. I leave the seats installed because me and wife take turns picking up and dropping off the little ones depending on our schedule.
Thanks man. Please share what model / brand you're using. It's also good to know cuz my wife is also 5'6 so buying the ISF shouldn't be a problem...

Quick Reply: Rear facing infant seat?