IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

huge supply of IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-12, 11:22 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default huge supply of IS-F

been browsing the classifieds lately and noticed there are A LOT of IS-F for sale. no one like's their IS-F anymore? haha.
Old 10-19-12, 02:02 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Don't say that, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive
Old 10-19-12, 03:12 AM
CCLSVTF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just think it is because people are doing the "Get better MPG" thing....
Old 10-19-12, 03:59 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

Less Fs on the road means our cars are more rare!
Old 10-19-12, 06:42 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CCLSVTF
I just think it is because people are doing the "Get better MPG" thing....
Yeah, I agree. Plus, they are one of the most expensive cars to insure (it made the top 10 list on Motortrend). I think a lot of people are like "Hey, I've had my fun in the F, now I'm ready for something different/more practical."
Old 10-19-12, 07:09 AM
jchong
Driver

Originally Posted by IS350atWOT
Yeah, I agree. Plus, they are one of the most expensive cars to insure (it made the top 10 list on Motortrend). I think a lot of people are like "Hey, I've had my fun in the F, now I'm ready for something different/more practical."
That's crazy! My insurance is cheaper than my IS350 was, and any other car I've owned.
Old 10-19-12, 07:16 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

This thing is a hell of a lot more practical than my MR2 used to be, gets better MPG than the Supra, and is more reliable than the Volvo was.
Old 10-19-12, 07:37 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Really?....I pay less on the IS F, than I did on an IS300, with no changes in lifestyle.

Maybe its a Canadian thing.

Digger08
Old 10-19-12, 07:53 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, my ISF is cheaper to insured then my 2008 acura TL type S which is double the amount of the ISF
Old 10-19-12, 08:39 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

It could be a lot of things. The factory warranties are just running out on the '08s and there are a lot of people who do not feel comfortable owning a car outside of the warranty, even if it is a Lexus/Toyota. Remember there are more 08s out there than any other year by far.

There's also the natural progression of a car owner. Many people get bored after 3-4 years and decide to move on to something else. I know I am normally like that (though I really, really like this car and could see myself keeping it for longer). My current plan is to keep it til at least 2017 because I purchased an extended warranty, and then hopefully see what the Lexus F division has put on the market.

Lastly, it could be the practicality situation. This car is definitely large enough to fit 4 adults, but realistically it is better suited for no more than 2. In most families, it won't be the car you take on a road-trip for a family of four. Some may want something more practical.

Personally, I'm spoiled, and now I feel like I always need to have a car with the level of luxury, refinement, reliability and performance as the IS-F. The list of cars I'd want to trade out of this car to get in to is very short, and very expensive. Provided nothing unexpected happens (another child, loss of income, illness, etc) I plan on only getting a car at least on par with the IS-F, if not better. I wonder how many of those selling their IS-Fs are upgrading to something even better?
Old 10-19-12, 08:44 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
It could be a lot of things. The factory warranties are just running out on the '08s and there are a lot of people who do not feel comfortable owning a car outside of the warranty, even if it is a Lexus/Toyota. Remember there are more 08s out there than any other year by far.

There's also the natural progression of a car owner. Many people get bored after 3-4 years and decide to move on to something else. I know I am normally like that (though I really, really like this car and could see myself keeping it for longer). My current plan is to keep it til at least 2017 because I purchased an extended warranty, and then hopefully see what the Lexus F division has put on the market.

Lastly, it could be the practicality situation. This car is definitely large enough to fit 4 adults, but realistically it is better suited for no more than 2. In most families, it won't be the car you take on a road-trip for a family of four. Some may want something more practical.

Personally, I'm spoiled, and now I feel like I always need to have a car with the level of luxury, refinement, reliability and performance as the IS-F. The list of cars I'd want to trade out of this car to get in to is very short, and very expensive. Provided nothing unexpected happens (another child, loss of income, illness, etc) I plan on only getting a car at least on par with the IS-F, if not better. I wonder how many of those selling their IS-Fs are upgrading to something even better?

Good answer! I'm looking to get an IS-F in the future after I graduate and settle down with a good job.

I truly believe the IS-F , like any other Toyota/Lexus is just as reliable. And you are definitely correct, there are a lot of 08's for sale. Then again theres a few brand new (take over lease/2011's) for sell up on the classifieds too. Time to start saving!
Old 10-19-12, 09:23 AM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

spot on VBB!
Old 10-19-12, 09:28 AM
czhou14
Driver School Candidate

keeping my ISF for my kid lol
Old 10-19-12, 09:53 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Not one private party ISF for sale in WA or Oregon....?
Old 10-19-12, 10:24 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Different people have different reasons to sell. My 2010 IS-F is currently listed for sale in the classifieds section. I'm scoping out the real estate market and if a good enough deal on a house comes up in the next few months, having sold the IS-F will allow a more significant cash down-payment on a house. It's a logical thing to do considering that mortgage rates are over twice as high as car finance rates.

No plans to move to something crazier car-wise. Once settled down and with a garage or two at my disposal, I would absolutely buy another IS-F. Love the car.

Quick Reply: huge supply of IS-F