Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

In for pics and sound clip.
Old 10-15-12, 07:38 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
sounds awesome on the outside, but very disappointed with the drone. thank God i didnt do the cats which i was going to do but didn't have enough time.

the shop did nice mandrel bends, no rattling with the diffuser or anything like that.
^^ I actually heard it drones more with just mufflers deleted. So I deleted my mufflers and secondary cats, and it sounds great. To be very specific, when accelerating uphill between 1.8k - 2.3k it drones and at 2k. But on the highway the drone is controllable...and honestly you need to expect it if you are doing anything to the OEM exhaust. Yes, not all exhausts drone but you gotta pay more for that... then again drone is subjective. Mufflers are there are to 'muffle' the sound.

I am also having the problem where the pipe is hitting the back of the exhaust tips... although it only rattles on cold start. If it becomes worse I'll just ask my muffler shop to cut a few inches off the straight pipes.

Originally Posted by melbitoast
after-market exhaust > muffler delete

to each his/her own, but one of my best friends just went from a muffler delete to the Joe-Z exhaust on Friday, and it sounds WORLDS better. It's a cleaner, smoother growl rather than that retro gargling sound.
^^ This is subjective. Muffler delete sounds good, but Muffler + secondary cat delete sounds GREAT, and no rasp.. it just sounds throatier. IMO removing all the cats just makes it sound raspy.

Here's my contribution... even though I've posted this in so many other threads

Old 10-15-12, 04:35 PM
VicTornin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone done a muffler delete to a Joe-z exhaust system?
Old 10-16-12, 12:20 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Actually sounds damn good IMO
Old 10-16-12, 01:12 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VicTornin
Has anyone done a muffler delete to a Joe-z exhaust system?
i would love to hear this
Old 10-16-12, 06:45 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Even the OEM exhaust drones at around 2000 RPM's.

The OEM exhaust sounds pretty good if you let someone else drive the car and they drive past you. Car sounds deep and low without being too loud.
Old 10-16-12, 09:55 AM
JC23
Rookie

@ MRxSLAYx sup bro! I dont know if you remember me but you my cousin asniel...yellow c6 z06 but now he has a california edition 5.0 i use to have a vert c6 this was more than 2 years ago we meet at the food rockers in us1 ...last night was insane 170 cars showed up....anyway am buying the borla mid pipes that replace 2nd cats and resonators today ...let u know the outcome

@ VtotheJ sounds sick!
Old 10-16-12, 10:30 AM
CK9887
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Just did the muffler delete yesterday. Had the shop weld in an X pipe as well...
Sounds great and not raspy at all. Does have some drone cruising on the highway. I don't really mind tho, just reminds me of my Corvette days.
Old 10-16-12, 01:16 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

What would make some money is if someone make a "muffler delete" package that contains a flange that connects to the rest of the muffler/exhaust and you can just swap them out as you need to. The pipes would have hangers welded on them in the OEM spots as well.

Should be no more than 200 bux.
Old 10-16-12, 02:56 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that's an idea! If you get tired of the noise, go stock for awhile and visa versa. Also, good for the guys that need inspections. Don't have those here.
Old 10-16-12, 08:43 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
What would make some money is if someone make a "muffler delete" package that contains a flange that connects to the rest of the muffler/exhaust and you can just swap them out as you need to. The pipes would have hangers welded on them in the OEM spots as well.

Should be no more than 200 bux.
like this....

Old 10-16-12, 08:44 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

sorry for no updates guys. weather is horrible in NC. been raining and flooding in my area. i want to take pics and make vids.
Old 10-16-12, 10:02 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Do you guys not see that crush at the start of the "Y" in the rear of the system? I have been saying this for years now, but IMHO, that's the most restrictive part of the stock exhaust system. Why anyone would want to retain it, is beyond me But, what the heck do I know

Lou
Attached Thumbnails just did the muffler deletes....-axle_back_welded.jpg  
Old 10-17-12, 05:04 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JC23
@ MRxSLAYx sup bro! I dont know if you remember me but you my cousin asniel...yellow c6 z06 but now he has a california edition 5.0 i use to have a vert c6 this was more than 2 years ago we meet at the food rockers in us1 ...last night was insane 170 cars showed up....anyway am buying the borla mid pipes that replace 2nd cats and resonators today ...let u know the outcome

@ VtotheJ sounds sick!
Do people call him angel? Did he have a silver zo6 and then a dark grey one also?
I dont remember off hand, but im sure once I see your face you'll come back quick.

Definitely let me/CL know how the car is after the exhaust work is done. Im sorta saving my car for TX2K, but ill be down to take it out for a meet once your exhaust is done.
Old 10-17-12, 07:25 AM
JC23
Rookie

@ MRxSLAYx no man thats angel lol he doesnt have any of the z06's anymore my cousin had 1 blue regular c6 then a clue z06 then a white shelby which you raced and its on you tube I believe and then he got a yellow zo6 and then a 2011 red shelby he crashe and now a 5.0 LOL as soon as you see me or me you'll remember for sure...pm me your number I'll let you know when my exhaust is done...I cant wait to see how your F is coming along

Quick Reply: just did the muffler deletes....