Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS F
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

just did the muffler deletes....

Old 10-20-12, 07:17 AM   #46
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (11)

finally the sun is out. just got to do a quick wash, my hands are frozen, lol.

ill have vids up later as well.

here is a pic of my muffler delete.

Click the image to open in full size.

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 10-20-12 at 03:19 PM..
ISFPOWER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-12, 10:47 AM   #47
clifftrail
Pole Position
Trader Score: (9)

Looks good, but your just begging to be messed with by taking two parking spots.
clifftrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-12, 11:47 AM   #48
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftrail View Post
Looks good, but your just begging to be messed with by taking two parking spots.
thanks. i actually own those 5 parking spots. that trailer, 350z and iSF is mine and management knows. they even let me work on the cars as long as im neat about it. they also removed a speedbump just so my Z can make it in and out without scraping. Good people around here.
Old 10-20-12, 11:55 AM   #49
MisterSkiz
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Why no house with a garage?
MisterSkiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-12, 12:00 PM   #50
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiz View Post
Why no house with a garage?
too young for a house, i just not a homeowner type of person yet. i really do enjoy the apartment life. but my next apt will have a garage for the ISF for sure.
Old 10-20-12, 12:44 PM   #51
lowrideraz
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftrail View Post
That 350Z in the corner space behind him is doing the same thing Nust be loaded with folks who can't park properly
Old 10-20-12, 01:29 PM   #52
bnizzle87
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Brian 08ISF bn1zzle87

They're his spots anyway. It's not like anyone can park there. Very cool to have a bunch of spots designated to you. A win in my book for management who's willing to remove a speed bump for a tenant.

Aerotect | Tom's | Joe Z + Performance Tube Systems | Xenon Depot | AutoCouture | Beat-Sonic | WALD | BC Racing + Swift | Volk Racing | PPE | ?

My Build Thread:
Build Process - Pictures and Progression - Insights
bnizzle87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-12, 02:38 PM   #53
clifftrail
Pole Position
Trader Score: (9)

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the Z as well but that explains it. Looking good and back on topic.
clifftrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-14, 12:29 AM   #54
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Couldn't resist bringing this thread back to life for 2 reasons:

1. The drama and banter was quite entertaining and informative.

2. I love the sound of my F with the muffler delete. Its absolutely beastly.
Old 02-25-14, 08:10 AM   #55
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Does the check engine come on ?
FraganciaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 08:52 AM   #56
BS ISF
Lead Lap

it shouldn't.
Old 02-25-14, 09:54 AM   #57
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

what I have noticed when I have taken the exhausts off my cars because the droning is WAY too much was that the car seemed faster. Not because it gained HP, but because it would accelerate with less noise. Makes the car seem like its less stressed when accelerating. On top of that I am always tripping out that the stock noise is going to attract the cops when I start playing around with the car. I can only imagine that with the exhaust at WOT you are just calling out for the cops to look at you. I have been tempted by the exhaust but I think the intake route may be a better start for me. I love the induction noise the car makes. If I can add to that it should be more than fine for me with no real draw backs.

Anyone have concerns with leaning out the motor with the air flow mods and no ECU retune. When I had my G35 we had many members going nuts with the exhaust mods only to realize they were leaning the motors out and causing damage at high rpm. WHen I had the ECU retune done on my G35 at Technosquare after all of the intake and exhaust mods the car seemed like a different animal .

2010 LEXUS ISF / F Sport rear Sway Bar / Michelin PSS

The ISF......The perfect car for an enthusiast. It can be driven to the track, run hard all day , and then transport me hundreds of miles to home in luxury and comfort to pick up the wife for dinner and a movie....
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 02:03 PM   #58
ISFpat
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
what I have noticed when I have taken the exhausts off my cars because the droning is WAY too much was that the car seemed faster. Not because it gained HP, but because it would accelerate with less noise. Makes the car seem like its less stressed when accelerating. On top of that I am always tripping out that the stock noise is going to attract the cops when I start playing around with the car. I can only imagine that with the exhaust at WOT you are just calling out for the cops to look at you. I have been tempted by the exhaust but I think the intake route may be a better start for me. I love the induction noise the car makes. If I can add to that it should be more than fine for me with no real draw backs.

Anyone have concerns with leaning out the motor with the air flow mods and no ECU retune. When I had my G35 we had many members going nuts with the exhaust mods only to realize they were leaning the motors out and causing damage at high rpm. WHen I had the ECU retune done on my G35 at Technosquare after all of the intake and exhaust mods the car seemed like a different animal .
Muffler rear section weighs 37 lbs. Reverse flow mufflers are pretty restrictive. Also if you are at WOT with an IS-F.. the last thing you have to worry about is noise, a cop will notice you regardless of what sound your car makes.

If the car can't compensate for marginal changes to the exhaust then its a pretty crappy ECU. An ECU is supposed to have a threshold where it can change the parameters to exhausts, headers and some intakes if the car is running MAF since sometimes its finicky because some stock ecu's are tuned with guided fins/veins in the stock intake.

All aftermarket tunes will make the car feel different, stock ecu's are not that aggressive and is primarily set to retain reliability....
ISFpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 02:39 PM   #59
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

my G was running lean because it had an intake, larger plenum, Nismo headers, high flow cats, and a Borla cat back system. That is a lot of extra air moving in and out of the motor. If the motors lean out you will do internal damage. Im sure the ISF can manage but I am not looking to make my car drone. Too old for that ish. Been there done that .LOL. In fact the reason I bought the ISF was because I wanted a car that didnt need anything. It just comes the way I have been trying to set up my tuned cars like for years. I am sure the tuning bug will bite me again, but after 12 years of after market wheels, springs, coil overs, sway bars, exhausts,etc I am ready to have a car that just works the way it was designed to work. No issues, no drama, no rubbing, no uneven tire wear, warranty issues, poor ride, repeated visits to get after market wheels and tires balanced, no droning, and best of all no need to drop thousands into the car. I think an intake would be cool for me and a wider set of tires on the stock BBS 19s. Thats about it ....and the intake still might not fly. I have tuned my cars in the past to extreme levels and have slowly backed off with each new car. My G35 was set for a track with 10K in mods. My dropped GS350 had 5k in mods, and my LS460 only had about $3500 in mods. The day I traded in the G they looked at it like just any other POS going to the auction.

2010 LEXUS ISF / F Sport rear Sway Bar / Michelin PSS

The ISF......The perfect car for an enthusiast. It can be driven to the track, run hard all day , and then transport me hundreds of miles to home in luxury and comfort to pick up the wife for dinner and a movie....
I8ABMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 02:39 PM

Tags
350z, clublexus, delete, drone, exhaust, forums, gs430, hot, isf, lexus, loud, muffler, pipe, resonator, rx350saphire, white