IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Future focus

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-12, 10:07 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Future focus

I have confirmation that Lexus will reintroduce a V8 into the GS lineup again next year. It will be a modified IS-F engine, and will have more output.
What do you guys think this means for the IS-F? Will there be a hp bump at all? Do you think they will even keep it regardless of price/market?
Will it help people like F4Fast and others that are trying to tune our cars or will engine swaps begin?

FIRE AWAY!!!!
Old 10-07-12, 01:57 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

If true, this would be GREAT news, so some info as to the nature and source of your "confirmation" would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-07-12, 06:10 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1... would like to kno where this confirmation is sourced... in other words... it's easy to say something is confirmed.. for example.. it is 'confirmed' that Big Foot has made an appearance in the suburbs of Rancho Cucamunga... but this 'confirmation' was recanted when it was 'confirmed' that it was just a big hairy fella getting his morning paper wearing nothing more than a pair of brown stained boxers...
Old 10-07-12, 06:12 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

it's also 'confirmed' that Chuck Norris recently made public that he doesn't drink Beer often, but when he does.. he drinks Dos Equis
Old 10-07-12, 06:26 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing is confirmed from Lexus until you actually see it at a dealership.
Old 10-07-12, 10:46 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by waynetech2
I have confirmation that Lexus will reintroduce a V8 into the GS lineup again next year.
This statement holds no weight what so ever.
Old 10-09-12, 11:31 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Ha ha. U guys are funny...valid question though
I was privy to a Lexus dealer meeting where they discussed many things about the direction of Lexus products and focus...

I was flamed for "wrong" info once before...haters gotta hate(not directed at you guys)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-official.html
Old 10-09-12, 11:52 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by waynetech2
Ha ha. U guys are funny...valid question though
I was privy to a Lexus dealer meeting where they discussed many things about the direction of Lexus products and focus...

I was flamed for "wrong" info once before...haters gotta hate(not directed at you guys)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-official.html

Did you make it to Denver last week...?

Either way I am not shocked at any of this information..
Especially after we Interviewed the IS-F Chief Engineer @ Pikes Peak..

AND YES..
The IS-F is here to stay AND YES it will be getting a HP Bump when the next gen is released.

That's unofficially Official News.. !!!

~ Joe Z
Old 10-09-12, 12:05 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Everyone wants more HP but dont want to pay extra $$$ lol , its going to be at least 461hp and going to cost 70 to 75k just for thought .
Old 10-09-12, 01:15 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z

AND YES..
The IS-F is here to stay AND YES it will be getting a HP Bump when the next gen is released.
Hopefully it stay V8, lighter or same weight and with mechanical LSD. And keep that nice 8spd!
Old 10-09-12, 01:51 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I wonder if the GS-F (assuming that's how they brand the V8 powered GS that will apparently have more HP than the current IS-F) will target the M5 and E63 AMG like the current IS-F targets the M3 and C63. Currently the Merc and BMW super sedans have over 500hp and 500ftlbs of torque, and they both use forced induction. If the GS-F wants to compete with those cars, it will have to make similar power... unless Lexus decides to price it way less. Both of the German cars are near $100K out the door, so you have to figure the GS-F will be at least $85K, or it will have less than 500hp.

So, assuming all of the above, what does that mean for the IS-F? Honestly, I think in order to determine what will happen with the next gen IS-F, we need to look more at the M3 or C63 to see what the competitors are doing. It would be my guess that the GS-F will have a V8 (Forced induction or not) and the next IS-F will probably have a turbo 6-cyl with power in the mid 400s. I have confidence that whatever they put out there, it'll be fun, and I'll want one as my next car.
Old 10-09-12, 02:38 PM
faceman5
Driver School Candidate

im looking forward to the new isf. i wouldnt mind some more power haha
Old 10-09-12, 02:39 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The GS needs a V8 and it makes sense that Lexus would brand it as a GSF given the new focus on driver involvement. OP: Does next year mean next model year? I vowed on this forum to buy the "F" version of whatever Lexus introduces. So...Looking forward to seeing the beast!
Old 10-09-12, 02:47 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

i personally love my big V8 and hope the next gen F stays w/ it. coming from a 6 banger V35 in my previous ride, the F's engine is addicting. no doubt whatever lexus puts out for the next F, it'll be faster and just "better" than the current model. at least i'm assuming it will.
Old 10-09-12, 06:06 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NewSpace
The GS needs a V8 and it makes sense that Lexus would brand it as a GSF given the new focus on driver involvement. OP: Does next year mean next model year? I vowed on this forum to buy the "F" version of whatever Lexus introduces. So...Looking forward to seeing the beast!
I expect it to be a 2014 model

Quick Reply: Future focus