Future focus

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-12, 10:11 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by waynetech2
Ha ha. U guys are funny...valid question though
I was privy to a Lexus dealer meeting where they discussed many things about the direction of Lexus products and focus...

I was flamed for "wrong" info once before...haters gotta hate(not directed at you guys)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-official.html
Not saying that your meeting didn't hold any weight, but "Lexus Dealer Meetings" don't mean anything unless the "future" car is already announced on Lexus' website and everyone knows it's coming. Reason why I know this is because sales is about numbers and keeping those numbers strong.

SALES PEOPLE don't speculate and talk about what's coming because that kills sales for today. They talk about today, and what's hot TODAY. Not what's even a 6 months away. or even 3 months away. If it's not announced, it's not announced.

Look at apple and how they do it...how many computers/iphones/ipads do you think they would sell if everyone knew what the next generation had? Secrecy is

Take it with a grain of salt and I can't say anything about it because I have an NDA and I don't want to get sued, but i've seen some pretty awesome prototypes (full sized clay models) of future performance cars from Toyota when I used to work for a commercial printing hardware service provider, and I used to go to Calty Design Research in Newport Beach, CA on a quarterly basis. I saw the CT200 years before it was actually announced.

Sure, they're only a few clay models I saw, but to see where they're going....
Old 10-11-12, 10:26 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Not saying that your meeting didn't hold any weight, but "Lexus Dealer Meetings" don't mean anything unless the "future" car is already announced on Lexus' website and everyone knows it's coming. Reason why I know this is because sales is about numbers and keeping those numbers strong.

SALES PEOPLE don't speculate and talk about what's coming because that kills sales for today. They talk about today, and what's hot TODAY. Not what's even a 6 months away. or even 3 months away. If it's not announced, it's not announced.

Look at apple and how they do it...how many computers/iphones/ipads do you think they would sell if everyone knew what the next generation had? Secrecy is

Take it with a grain of salt and I can't say anything about it because I have an NDA and I don't want to get sued, but i've seen some pretty awesome prototypes (full sized clay models) of future performance cars from Toyota when I used to work for a commercial printing hardware service provider, and I used to go to Calty Design Research in Newport Beach, CA on a quarterly basis. I saw the CT200 years before it was actually announced.

Sure, they're only a few clay models I saw, but to see where they're going....
I don't belive you are regerring to a proper Lexus dealer meeting. Sure we talk about R&D and show clay models...and much more. If you understand Lexus' business model it is clear that sales isn't always "now". Don't let a bio from 5 yrs ago, trip u up.

Think what you want. It is coming and I am excited

Old 10-11-12, 11:57 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going on Waynetech2's past history, I'm going to have to say he's about 99.9% correct. Apparently, he's got some pretty good sources. Sounds like Joe's backing him up as well and I believe Joe has had in interview with the MAN himself. It's unofficially official. I like it.
Old 10-11-12, 12:06 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
Going on Waynetech2's past history, I'm going to have to say he's about 99.9% correct. Apparently, he's got some pretty good sources. Sounds like Joe's backing him up as well and I believe Joe has had in interview with the MAN himself. It's unofficially official. I like it.
WTH!! What happened to my 0.1 percent??

LOL JK
Old 10-11-12, 12:08 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I want to believe.
Old 10-11-12, 12:48 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waynetech2
WTH!! What happened to my 0.1 percent??

LOL JK
I think you were 1hp off on the IS-F.
Old 10-11-12, 01:07 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

I think you were 1hp off on the IS-F.
LOL. That's right. You get docked credibility points for every single horsepower. Otherwise 100%.
Old 10-12-12, 10:08 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NewSpace
LOL. That's right. You get docked credibility points for every single horsepower. Otherwise 100%.
touche
Old 10-12-12, 05:34 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Seems that way. I read through the other thread posted by Waynetech2 and he was spot-on correct. Hoping he goes 2 for 2 in this instance.
Old 10-21-12, 10:19 PM
DGP1dotcom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wayne, you just made my heart skip a beat with anticipation. I will be first in line for a GSF!!! Hellyeah!!! I've been patiently drooling over the GS F Sport SP ever since I drove one at the Lexus event. I wanted to see the LS F before I pulled the trigger. After seeing it I was pretty disappointed. Now I'm ready to pull the trigger when the GSF arrives. The car of my dreams...
Old 10-22-12, 09:50 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DGP1dotcom
Wayne, you just made my heart skip a beat with anticipation. I will be first in line for a GSF!!! Hellyeah!!! I've been patiently drooling over the GS F Sport SP ever since I drove one at the Lexus event. I wanted to see the LS F before I pulled the trigger. After seeing it I was pretty disappointed. Now I'm ready to pull the trigger when the GSF arrives. The car of my dreams...
+1. Absolutely psyched.