IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Fox Marketing ISF

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-12, 02:37 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox Marketing ISF

Is anyone aware how they tuned their recent twin turbo beast?
https://www.facebook.com/foxmarketingcars?ref=stream
Old 10-03-12, 03:58 PM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

interesting...just browsed through their page. looks like a rear-mount kit? what're the references to their "previous is-f tt car" that some people are talking about? another failed attempt? who knows...hope not though!
Old 10-03-12, 04:09 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

It was a biggest scam back then, fake dyno ## and such , those cars already been demolished. A few weeks ago Fox marketing post a thread that they going to purchased a new 2012 ISF and make another turbo claim
Old 10-03-12, 04:25 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Hmmm.... I messaged them on there.

Why go through all the work of fabricating a kit like that on a 65k dollar sports car? Publicity stunt?
Old 10-03-12, 04:28 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

He messaged me back, apparently its running with no tune/modifications... just a bolt on turbo kit.

Our cars are MAP based, correct?
Old 10-03-12, 06:50 PM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blitz_714
It was a biggest scam back then, fake dyno ## and such , those cars already been demolished. A few weeks ago Fox marketing post a thread that they going to purchased a new 2012 ISF and make another turbo claim
how pathetic. why would you think twice about a company like that?

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
Hmmm.... I messaged them on there.

Why go through all the work of fabricating a kit like that on a 65k dollar sports car? Publicity stunt?
Why not?! lol I certainly wouldn't mind a 600 whp IS-F! haha

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
He messaged me back, apparently its running with no tune/modifications... just a bolt on turbo kit.

Our cars are MAP based, correct?
It really isn't possible, so this may be yet another scam. With more power, you need more fuel. To add more fuel, you need to freaking be able to tell the ECU how much to add per given amount of air (tune, which requires the ECU to be cracked). I'm not an expert, and this is purely an educated speculation. Every car has a given "MAP," but you have to understand that these maps are meant to be universal - the car isn't just sold here in Seattle; the set parameters need to be able to adjust to different variables. Unfortunately, these parameters can only adjust so much. The goal of a tune is therefore to reset the parameters accordingly (AFR - you don't want detonation!). Their project ISF will likely blow up, soon. lol

(not lecturing here, just thinking out loud SeanGTS!)

I don't get it

Last edited by erick3; 10-03-12 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-03-12, 07:14 PM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

Got a message back from them as well. Apparently no tune because the IS-F runs "VERY RICH" from the factory. Price for 5 lbs of boost and an addition of a measly 100 whp...$17,000

He said ~500 whp is what they essentially have going on (Mustang Dyno). Doesn't sound like they any supporting mods. I wonder why they're not worried about the transmission? It's new...and I doubt anyone has pushed its limits. Silly.
Old 10-03-12, 08:02 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

This is just a thought, maybe a brainfart thought, but figure I would ask. Since the ECU's on our Lexus' can't be modified, has anyone considered trying an addtional fuel controller to control an additional injector in the intake? Sort of similar to how a NOS fogger setup works. A certain amount of metered fuel added per amount of boost added. So in essence, program the controller to meter additional fuel to the intake based on a pressure reading from the turbo? Probably a stupid idea, but figured I would ask.
Old 10-03-12, 08:09 PM
Troy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
This is just a thought, maybe a brainfart thought, but figure I would ask. Since the ECU's on our Lexus' can't be modified, has anyone considered trying an addtional fuel controller to control an additional injector in the intake? Sort of similar to how a NOS fogger setup works. A certain amount of metered fuel added per amount of boost added. So in essence, program the controller to meter additional fuel to the intake based on a pressure reading from the turbo? Probably a stupid idea, but figured I would ask.
This was done in the 90's with the FMAX turbo kit on Honda's. It caused #1 cylinder to run lean, which is bad... The fact that no one is willing to try and crack the code on these makes me regret buying one. I must tinker...
Old 10-03-12, 08:11 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd rather just have intake, headers and exhaust.
Old 10-03-12, 08:18 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

IS F + 17k? Just go buy a GT-R.
Old 10-03-12, 08:21 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Or a used C5 Z06 for $17k cash lol.
Old 10-03-12, 08:53 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A used C5 Z06 spanks the ISF stock for stock. Seems someone has money to be dumping into a brand new car that can barely be tuned.
Old 10-04-12, 02:11 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by erick3
Got a message back from them as well. Apparently no tune because the IS-F runs "VERY RICH" from the factory. Price for 5 lbs of boost and an addition of a measly 100 whp...$17,000

He said ~500 whp is what they essentially have going on (Mustang Dyno). Doesn't sound like they any supporting mods. I wonder why they're not worried about the transmission? It's new...and I doubt anyone has pushed its limits. Silly.
If they are claiming 500whp then it would be an increase of around 150 whp since the isf puts out around 350whp stock. The isf has been out for 4 years and there are a few 600+ whp isf's running around, so the trans seems like it can take some hp.

even though most of what you say is true about needing more fuel, a setup like this isn't as impossible as you think if the car is in deed running very rich. LMS created a bolt on supercharger kit for the is300 that didn't require any tuning back in the day. That kit brought the is300 to about 300hp but didn't do well because the price per hp wasn't worth it just like this one.

So a kit like this is certainly possible but it requires a lot of research and since the isf is an entirely different animal, who knows how well it works. All that said, I wouldn't put my F on the line with an unproven kit like this, specialy without tuning.

Last edited by jat0223; 10-04-12 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-04-12, 04:27 AM
JasonH42
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
Since the ECU's on our Lexus' can't be modified, has anyone considered trying an addtional fuel controller to control an additional injector in the intake?
How about the Blitz R-VIT? http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-2860.aspx

No idea if this product works with the F but there's a video on
of it running with a 350.

From the web site:

On active Control Function *CAN System Vehicles 2006+ Toyota/Lexus (except Hybrid)
The Fuel Pressure, Fuel Injection and Electric Fan can be controlled actively. There are some vehicles that this function cannot be used.

The fuel pressure can be controlled every 100 RPM and can be increased of decreased from –9.9 to 25%.
The fuel injection can be controlled every 500 RPM within the 3000 RPM range and can be increased of decreased up to ± 25%.
The electric fan can be controlled to go ON or OFF within 20 to 100 degrees of the water temp.

Last edited by JasonH42; 10-04-12 at 04:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Fox Marketing ISF