Getting ready to purchase an IS-F SEATTLE

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 09:51 PM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to purchase an IS-F SEATTLE

Hello,

Getting ready to purchase a 2012 IS-F here shortly from Lexus of Bellevue. Was hoping to see if I could get some input from other local owners here in Seattle to see how YOU gentlemen did with pricing. 2013's are right around the corner, truecars.com, end of the year coming, and autotrader.com is all but I have to use! Your time is greatly appreciated!

Eric
Old 10-01-12, 10:16 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

low ball them!! dont let them get the best of you
Old 10-01-12, 11:34 PM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

lol will do! ^ hahah
Old 10-02-12, 08:10 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Buy mine for 46k. Job done
Old 10-02-12, 09:55 AM
LBmtb
Driver

No guarantee it'll still be there in December but Lexus always has their 'December to Remember'. If the 2012 is still there by then, they'll be very motivated to move it. That's how I got my 2011
Old 10-02-12, 01:34 PM
pokepoke
Driver School Candidate

Be prepared to walk out. In fact, unless you have to have it or get a great offer to begin with, just walk out anyway with "I don't know if I'm willing to pay that much" or "I'll have to think about it". I can almost guarantee they'll call back with some different ideas over the next couple of days.

Lexus of Bellevue lured me in with one of those "special deals" but it turned out they wanted me to trade my 08 for a 2012 at sticker price. I said no, but they continued to call back for almost a week.
Old 10-02-12, 01:56 PM
jnemo
Driver

Try speak to internet sales manager, if you don't want to go through a lot of negotiations(I got my CT with the internet sales manager and price is even a little cheaper than salesman gave me, plus he saved me way more time than negotiating back and forth with the salesman)
and remember always go in close to the END OF THE MONTH!
Old 10-02-12, 02:25 PM
Machog
Driver

I've bought 2 cars from LoB, got OK deals-never really know how well you do in my view.

Go in with cash (get a loan from the bank, most have 2.99% home equity if you qualify). All car dealers will rape and try to confuse, if you go with there with just a down!

Last time I went in with the TMV of KBB printouts with the car, accessories I wanted. Take the lower of the two (KBB was lowest this time, but check Edmunds and the others), here's my offer on the back of my business card-want to sell it for that?

Again, I think I got a good deal and that's the important thing for me;-)

http://www.kbb.com/lexus/is/2012-lex...y-new&options=

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/is-f/20...html?sub=sedan

Use the Costco discount if you are a Costco member.

If you can avoid doing a trade-in, it makes the transaction more simple-unless like me, I wanted to get rid of my old BMW that needed some serious work on it

+1 on walking, its tough, specially when they make you take a test drive. +1 on end of the month, last day, late in the day if you can.

Good luck, keep us posted on how you did.

Machog
Old 10-02-12, 02:58 PM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Machog
I've bought 2 cars from LoB, got OK deals-never really know how well you do in my view.

Go in with cash (get a loan from the bank, most have 2.99% home equity if you qualify). All car dealers will rape and try to confuse, if you go with there with just a down!

Last time I went in with the TMV of KBB printouts with the car, accessories I wanted. Take the lower of the two (KBB was lowest this time, but check Edmunds and the others), here's my offer on the back of my business card-want to sell it for that?

Again, I think I got a good deal and that's the important thing for me;-)

http://www.kbb.com/lexus/is/2012-lex...y-new&options=

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/is-f/20...html?sub=sedan

Use the Costco discount if you are a Costco member.

If you can avoid doing a trade-in, it makes the transaction more simple-unless like me, I wanted to get rid of my old BMW that needed some serious work on it

+1 on walking, its tough, specially when they make you take a test drive. +1 on end of the month, last day, late in the day if you can.

Good luck, keep us posted on how you did.

Machog
Perfect. Thanks for your insight Machog. I'll have to try my luck...lemon law just closed with my Infiniti, and I'll be surrendering the vehicle here shortly. We went through a friend of a friend (who happens to be one of the master techs in their service department). Hoping things will go my way!

Eric

Last edited by erick3; 10-02-12 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-03-12, 09:16 AM
STGSC400
Pole Position

I was at LOB 3 weeks. Ago. You looking at the SFP one in the showroom or the Silver one outside.

I was looking at a 2013 GS-F sport for my wife.

Very Very Nice dealership. But they were very frim on price.

If you are serious. I would try to work them as much as you can on the ISF. You can also call the lexus dealership in Utah. They have both the same cars on there lot as well. You can have the dealerships Comptete for your business.

Just an idea?
Old 10-03-12, 09:43 AM
rc2o6
Driver

Lexus of Bellevue seemed to be firm on their prices when i last visited 6 months ago (I test drove their red 2012 ISF). Nice staff but salesmen can be a bit persistent (they called me multiple times over a 3 week period).

I know Lexus of Seattle has a Nebula Grey 2012 ISF sitting in their showroom. I get my services done here as they treat their customers well

Good luck
Old 10-03-12, 10:41 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I can't tell you anything about your particular dealership, but as most of the people here, I've negotiated with dealerships many, many times in the past. I've found that salesmen and managers are like good mechanics... if you can find an honest one that will shoot you straight, that's the person worth going back to even if it isn't the most convenient place. When I bought my IS-F I had a salesman who was not pushy and very polite, and a sales manager who was by far that best that I've ever dealt with. At one point I was back in his office, he had his computer monitor turned so that I could see it, and we were playing with the numbers on my trade, cash down, and price of the IS-F together.

I say you walk if they are hiding the ball or jerking you around, but as long as you go in there with a plan, there should be no surprises. Figure out the range of what you'd be willing to pay, then stick to it. If they don't want to move off of a price that is too high, oh well... don't make a deal with them. There are other IS-Fs to be had at other dealerships.
Old 10-03-12, 10:46 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Just stay away from Lexus in Fife, can't stand those people.
Old 10-03-12, 04:06 PM
erick3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by STGSC400
I was at LOB 3 weeks. Ago. You looking at the SFP one in the showroom or the Silver one outside.

I was looking at a 2013 GS-F sport for my wife.

Very Very Nice dealership. But they were very frim on price.

If you are serious. I would try to work them as much as you can on the ISF. You can also call the lexus dealership in Utah. They have both the same cars on there lot as well. You can have the dealerships Comptete for your business.

Just an idea?
Figured with the help of Lee, we'd be alright. Seems like a straight shooter. Hoping that things don't go sideways. Looking at the SFP inside their showroom. The Nebula Grey they had sitting outside oddly has a touch of purple that I don't really like.

Thanks for your insight all!
Old 10-03-12, 07:57 PM
STGSC400
Pole Position

Good Luck

Keep us posted

Quick Reply: Getting ready to purchase an IS-F SEATTLE