IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Added sub - ML still needs help with Bass

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 08:53 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if it would be different if you ran the signal from your factory ML sub to your LOC? I'm sure the ML audio system already does some "cross over" and what not with the signal...maybe it would be cleaner if you ran it from the sub to another sub?
Old 09-19-12, 10:21 AM
silverlexg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I wonder if it would be different if you ran the signal from your factory ML sub to your LOC? I'm sure the ML audio system already does some "cross over" and what not with the signal...maybe it would be cleaner if you ran it from the sub to another sub?
The stock ML system has an undefeatable 35 Hz subsonic filter - and the sub output has a low pass filter at 80hz... as well as time, phase and volume adjustments all in realtime (its not a simple system). The manipulations are done at the amp - you cannot tap into the signal going to the amp as you'll lose volume control and mixing of your source selections (BT, Aux etc). Best bet is going to be using a LOC or summing device either on your front woofers or the factory sub wires - both arent awesome (still much better bass than factory). Its frustrating but these systems arent getting any less complex due the integration these cars have. It would be very helpful if ML would just add RCA outs on the amp - probably a $2 feature to add.
Old 09-19-12, 01:59 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by silverlexg
The stock ML system has an undefeatable 35 Hz subsonic filter - and the sub output has a low pass filter at 80hz... as well as time, phase and volume adjustments all in realtime (its not a simple system). The manipulations are done at the amp - you cannot tap into the signal going to the amp as you'll lose volume control and mixing of your source selections (BT, Aux etc). Best bet is going to be using a LOC or summing device either on your front woofers or the factory sub wires - both arent awesome (still much better bass than factory). Its frustrating but these systems arent getting any less complex due the integration these cars have. It would be very helpful if ML would just add RCA outs on the amp - probably a $2 feature to add.
As threads get longer I understand how things get mixed up...yeah I did exactly that ( what u mention)

I summed front woofers and factory sub together..

point is like u said - its a complex system that inherently lacks heavy volume and bass...not trying to blow my ears out but the ML system is not all that and dads JBL Sienna system can hang with my ML---just sad. but I will try the volume **** and an amp with more powerful amp and see how that works for me
80hz is fine as a crossover...the issue is the way it handles frequency volume and individual speaker volumes---someone thought this was good...
general vote in these forums is tht more people think this system lacks than are satisfies with it...ehh oh well
I'll listen to the engine exhaust note...and thank God for small things like that...LOL
Old 09-19-12, 02:33 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
I'll listen to the engine exhaust note...and thank God for small things like that...LOL
Who needs music?
Old 11-21-12, 03:14 PM
LS4LIFE206
Driver School Candidate

Skimmed over the replies so i hope im not repeating this.....

Audio Control's Accubass feature is designed for this exact problem. When volumes reach a certain level factory systems can start to regulate bass frequencies for protection. The accubass feature allows you to identify this point and then set a threshold to boost it up after this point.

The LC2i is great for just adding a sub

The LC7i is great for adding a whole new setup and the LCQ1 does the same but adds an EQ

The Epicenter is a great addition to this LOC it will allow you to bring back some of the low frequencies....
Old 11-21-12, 05:43 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NYC ES3, Was the wiring the same/same color as in the sub threads?

The reason I ask is because the head units wiring is totally different than the 09-older cars. I found that out trying to do the dvd bypass
Old 11-21-12, 07:15 PM
FastPaced
Rookie

Hey guys, I'm not a tech guy when it comes to audio but my friend bigaudiofa is. He did the system on my F. Read through the thread and see if you find anything that may help you:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...dio-build.html
Old 11-28-12, 07:19 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

U need to cut out the ml amp as much as possible. I have an amp for highs and kids and one for sub. I also have a bit ten soun processor. Do a search. Plenty of guys with system threads. The ml amp is the problem