Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

FIGS Foot Plate and Nigel-JDM E-brake pedal

Old 09-11-12, 12:28 PM   #16
iH8RICERZ
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via AIM to iH8RICERZ

Lookin good guys... I've driven a car with a foot plate before and I actually found it some what slippery if my shoes were wet. Do you have the same issue?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
iH8RICERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 01:16 PM   #17
STGSC400
Pole Position
Trader Score: (4)

I say time for a GB from Figs and Nigel. Im game
08 SFP, ISF. Takeda Intake, F Sport rear sway bar, Cusco Front and rear Strut Bars. Clear Door lenses LED kit. Flat Bottom Carbon Fiber steering wheel, MXP Shift Knob, Stop Tech SS lines, ISS Forged QES, PPE Headers. RMI Scoops.
03 WDP Acura TL, Supercharged and tons more.
03 White Lifted Duramax All the Diesel Goodies
00 E39 M5
01 Nissan Altima. DD
13 SFP RX350 F-Sport Wife's
STGSC400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 03:38 PM   #18
lowrideraz
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERDoc74 View Post
Not to thread jack... Like the e-brake pad btw RCB! but why the opposition to the TSB gas pedal changes? I've seen this mentioned a few times on other threads and am curious...
2 reasons.

1. I don't like the shape of the revised gas pedal, the bottom is different, and IMHO, it looks really funky.

2. There is an ECU reflash that cuts engine power if the gas and brake are applied simultaneously. There are times, when I'm powering through a corner that I brake and accelerate at the same time. I don't want or need any nannies.

See here:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...-recall-4.html

http://www.lexus.com/recall/

Lou
Old 09-11-12, 04:03 PM   #19
Boma
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (4)

UltraPandaX

Nice touch to the interior!

2009 UltraSonic Blue Mica IS F
HPS silicone intake | PTS Joe Z True Dual Exhaust | aFe Pro Dry S air filter
6000K LED DRL | Garax 6000K low beams | 3000K HID foglights | 35% tint | blacked-out trim and exhaust tips
Boma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 05:58 PM   #20
RCB
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ View Post
Lookin good guys... I've driven a car with a foot plate before and I actually found it some what slippery if my shoes were wet. Do you have the same issue?
FIGS foot plate won't let your foot slip. The area at the top of each circle is raised just enough to add traction.
08' IS-F M.M., SARD CUVU Evolution, FIGS Mega Arms/Toe Links, BC Wheels w/305s, FIGS 2 piece F&R rotors, BC/Swift Coils, FIGS Bushings, Cusco Bar, iCode/aFe , PPE/Borla, ARKYM diffuser, Vaistech, JL sub/amp, LED, Ultinon, Morimoto, JDM visors...
93.5 Supra Anthracite GT42R 857 WHP
03' GMC Yukon Denali on 26s
00' CBR 600 F4
91' Galant VR-4 1459/2000 *Sold*
RCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 06:04 PM   #21
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by STGSC400 View Post
I say time for a GB from Figs and Nigel. Im game
If you can't get the group buy going all the parts only come to $120 so it's one of the cheapest upgrades you can do to the F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERDoc74 View Post
Not to thread jack... Like the e-brake pad btw RCB! but why the opposition to the TSB gas pedal changes? I've seen this mentioned a few times on other threads and am curious...

I would give you the same two answers as Lou. I really don't want a Nannie stopping me from heel/toe driving.
08' IS-F M.M., SARD CUVU Evolution, FIGS Mega Arms/Toe Links, BC Wheels w/305s, FIGS 2 piece F&R rotors, BC/Swift Coils, FIGS Bushings, Cusco Bar, iCode/aFe , PPE/Borla, ARKYM diffuser, Vaistech, JL sub/amp, LED, Ultinon, Morimoto, JDM visors...
00' CBR 600 F4

Last edited by lobuxracer; 09-11-12 at 07:57 PM..
Old 09-11-12, 07:58 PM   #22
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to lobuxracer

I wouldn't heel toe the F. I just left foot brake sometimes and I don't want the power to get shut off and spin me into the tulips.

'08 USE20L−FEZRHA Obsidian
'93 JZA80L-ALFVZA Alpine Silver

Most performance mods need a watch and timed course to demonstrate actual improvement. Few deliver the advertised claims. Many are actually worse than stock. The best performance mods are made to the driver.

Emotional arguments - They're not just for chicks anymore.
lobuxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 08:18 PM   #23
digger08
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

I love this improvement!

Digger08
Old 09-13-12, 12:41 AM   #24
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger08 View Post
I love this improvement!

Digger08
Thanks, gald you like it.
00' CBR 600 F4
Old 07-21-14, 09:59 PM   #25
StraySheep
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB View Post
Lou, please don't think I'm trying to take anything away from your idea. I was actually inspired my your pedal pad install. I have Ultimate Pedals saved in my bookmarks
Once I had noticed what you had done I looked around to see what my options where.
The pad Nigel got me is an OEM Toyota/Lexus part that guys in Japan have been using.
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/pedal-for-foot-brake
I had him send me one and when I recived it we learned that it is a direct replacement for most Toyota/Lexus cars but not the ISF. He did a little research and found that guys in Japan have been glueing the pad to the stock rubber pad. I have knocked my stock rubber pad off with my foot a few times I didn't like the idea of glueing on something bigger to kick off. That is what lead me to fabbing the little mounting plate. Using this part is what's new but not the idea of changing the e-brake pedal pad.
Looking to buy the aluminum parking pedal in the link for my ISF.

It says modification needed, what exactly is the modification? Do I have to fabricate my own custom plate in order to mount this aluminum pedal?

Thanks.
Ultra White with Rioja Red
StraySheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 10:58 PM   #26
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, you will have to make a plate that will accept the pad as shown in the photos from the original post.
00' CBR 600 F4
Old 07-22-14, 09:49 AM   #27
scamsel
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Not thread jacking, but since this is about e-brakes, how often do all of you use the e-brake? I almost never use it, unless I am parking on a really steep incline/decline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB View Post
One of my driveways is on a bit of a hill so I will put mine on before putting the car in park when I'm parked there to avoid loading all the weight on the parking pawl. Other then that almost never.
i use it all the time as well. what i have found though is that if you apply it too soon, the shift lever never quite clicks into place in 'P'. like i have to let it roll ever so slightly before the shifter clicks, but prior to the car rocking into place as if the tranny is holding the weight of the car in place. which i don't like and is why i use the e-brake to begin with.

anyone have a similar experience.

also, OP, love the e brake plate, looks great. the floor piece though, not so much a fan, seems like would hurt my heel in flip flops. ha
scamsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 09:49 AM

Tags
aluminum, brake, clublexus, easier, ebrake, gas, is350, isf, jdm, lexus, make, metal, nigel, parking, pedal, plates