IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lowered on Swift springs and new grill and lights!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-12, 03:01 PM
madastep
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I'm definitely liking the flat accent look
Old 09-05-12, 03:03 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madastep
Yea I'm definitely liking the flat accent look
What part of OK from?
Old 09-05-12, 07:15 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wheel gap difference front and back might be almost the same now, but from your side picture your car looks like it's inclined to the front, ground clearance seems to be higher on the back of your car than in the front. I guess the rear springs would fix that.
Old 09-05-12, 07:45 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
I agree only use the front springs or the back will sit much lower than the front just like stock all over again. I went back and forth as well.
Not true. The Swift springs drop the front of the car 1-inch and the rears drop the car 0.6-inch. I had them on my car before I replaced them with HKS coilovers and the tire/wheel well interface (OEM wheels and tires at the time) was perfect. The rear did not sit lower than the front. This is the only pic I have of the car when it was on Swift springs.

Old 09-05-12, 08:02 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KJH
Not true. The Swift springs drop the front of the car 1-inch and the rears drop the car 0.6-inch. I had them on my car before I replaced them with HKS coilovers and the tire/wheel well interface (OEM wheels and tires at the time) was perfect. The rear did not sit lower than the front. This is the only pic I have of the car when it was on Swift springs.

Not sure how you can say not true when you haven't seen my car. I have a 3/8" wheel gap in the back (stock) and a 7/8" gap in the front (lowered). Both front and back fenders are exactly 26" from the ground thru the center of the wheels. If I would have dropped the back as well, the tire would be tucked. This all being said, there is still 1/2" more gap in the front than the rear. Now why would I want to drop the rear and make the gap difference 1"? I'm still hoping the front will settle another 1/8-1/4" to be close to perfect.
Old 09-05-12, 08:09 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Old 09-05-12, 08:35 PM
KJH
Intermediate

http://swiftsprings.com/file/ss.pdf
Old 09-05-12, 08:42 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Juanca
The wheel gap difference front and back might be almost the same now, but from your side picture your car looks like it's inclined to the front, ground clearance seems to be higher on the back of your car than in the front. I guess the rear springs would fix that.
Yeah, naturally that will happen. I'm going to wait to put my spacers on next week and see how it looks. I can still throw the backs springs on for $100 if I don't think it looks right. You're right about the front inclining, but it's only really noticeable from ground level. We'll see how things go.
Old 09-05-12, 08:47 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KJH
Ken, I've seen that chart and I understand that the swift springs drop the front 25mm and the rear 15mm. My main focus in putting springs on was to make the gaps the same. If I did front and back, I'd close the gap 1/2", but by doing front only, I closed to the gap a full inch. Does that make sense or are we not on the same page.
Old 09-06-12, 04:55 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Ken, I've seen that chart and I understand that the swift springs drop the front 25mm and the rear 15mm. My main focus in putting springs on was to make the gaps the same. If I did front and back, I'd close the gap 1/2", but by doing front only, I closed to the gap a full inch. Does that make sense or are we not on the same page.
I'm guessing we're not on the same page. For sport lowering springs, I believe Swift and Hypercoil make the best products for our cars. One of the key reasons I selected the Swifts when I did was because it was one of the only manufacturers that took into account the difference in height between the 12 o'clock position of the front and rear wheel wells. The Swifts virtually eliminate this issue, not absolutely 100% entirely, but I rate it at 98%. I believe Swift springs on all four corners will accomplish what you set out to do by installing them only up front. Regardless, it's your car and you should do what pleases you. It's a real looker, that's for sure.
Old 09-06-12, 10:26 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 46 Posts

Remember that springs do not "settle". It is actually more stress on the bushings that make it seem like it is settling, should reset your bushings so they don't fail prematurely on your fairly new 2011!
Old 09-07-12, 06:44 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

I think I'm going to go ahead with the rears. Hopefully it'll look like yours. Ken, did your installer have to trim the rear bushing like the big note in the swift box stated?
Old 09-07-12, 10:32 AM
KJH
Intermediate

I think I'm going to go ahead with the rears. Hopefully it'll look like yours. Ken, did your installer have to trim the rear bushing like the big note in the swift box stated?
Phi,

I'm not sure which note you are referring to. My installer did not mention the trimming of the rear bushing so I am not sure whether or not it was required. I had the Joe Z intake and the FIGS Rear Mega Control Arms and adjustable toe links installed at the same time and had a Lance alignment performed as well. Typically, Swift's products are plug 'n play and this is the first time I am hearing about the trimming of bushings. Can you post up the note to which you are referring?

EDIT: If the note you are referring to came in the box with the springs, I may have totally missed it. I did not open the box before installation and transported the springs unopened to SP Engineering, my installer. SPE has been working on my cars since 1995 so, if trimming the rear bushing is a requirement of the installation, they would have carried out the installation per my instructions. If they had concerns about the bushing trimming, I would have been consulted prior to installation. As such, it is possible the bushing was trimmed without my knowledge. I'll check into this and will post up any additional information if it is there to be found.
Old 09-07-12, 10:58 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ I'll provide more information about this issue tomorrow. I have an appointment at JM Lexus early in the morning to install my Swift springs, front and rear.
Old 09-07-12, 11:33 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Sweet Juanca! I'm taking mine back in for spacers and the rear next Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Lowered on Swift springs and new grill and lights!