RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

LOL that car salesman should find a new job
Old 09-01-12, 11:03 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

HAnds down...Toyota builds dependable cars...the only company that can hang with Toyota when it comes to least amount if issues and little BS problems per 100 cars sold is HONDA

Merc are POS str8 up...all in all the AMG's are killa but I dont plan on continuously fixing any car as it ages because its not built well

The company that builds our cars can say and advertise that 80% of the cars they built 20 years ago are still on the road (Corolla)
Merc, BMW can not make the same statement...because they just are not made that well.

Period.---- check consumer reports
and countless write ups about their quality decline.

Quality and reliability for me are big...if I spend money I dont want to buy crap....some people dont care about that (hence those that purchase Nissan GTR's) but I am not going to pay someone even a dollar if the product is built like crap- even if it does go really fast

My F will be here starting up strong on the coldest day just like my moms 1992 Camry LE (that still runs like a dream), long after all these AMG's, M's, and GTR's are in need of tranny transplants. and electrical & sensor issues, etc, etc, etc
Old 09-02-12, 12:32 AM
Polkman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
HAnds down...Toyota builds dependable cars...the only company that can hang with Toyota when it comes to least amount if issues and little BS problems per 100 cars sold is HONDA

Merc are POS str8 up...all in all the AMG's are killa but I dont plan on continuously fixing any car as it ages because its not built well

The company that builds our cars can say and advertise that 80% of the cars they built 20 years ago are still on the road (Corolla)
Merc, BMW can not make the same statement...because they just are not made that well.

Quality and reliability for me are big...if I spend money I dont want to buy crap....some people dont care about that (hence those that purchase Nissan GTR's) but I am not going to pay someone even a dollar if the product is built like crap- even if it does go really fast

My F will be here starting up strong on the coldest day just like my moms 1992 Camry LE (that still runs like a dream), long after all these AMG's, M's, and GTR's are in need of tranny transplants. and electrical & sensor issues, etc, etc, etc

I wouldn't say the SLS,S65,S63,SL65/63,C63 Black "pos"...... You pay to play....
Old 09-02-12, 09:21 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrd916
When i went to Audi dealer near me when i was deciding between different cars to buy, they had used RS4 on the lot. I was dressed in gym clothes and running shoes. I waited in showroom for 15 mins and no salesperson would wait on me. When one finally agreed to show me the RS4, he says he left keys inside building and would be right back. He finally comes back out and says that i can't drive the car cause he can't find the keys. Classic example of “We don't think u can afford this car“ gimmick that i know they were playing
I had the same exact scenario at a BMW dealership in OC the week i was trying to finalize which car to buy. I came straight from the gym down the street looking to test drive an M3 - walked around the lot for awhile with no sales rep to greet me or ask if I had questions - i decided to leave - drove to Mission Viejo Lexus, was greeted by a hot chick and 5 minutes later test driving an F... decision final
Old 09-02-12, 09:25 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
I had the same exact scenario at a BMW dealership in OC the week i was trying to finalize which car to buy. I came straight from the gym down the street looking to test drive an M3 - walked around the lot for awhile with no sales rep to greet me or ask if I had questions - i decided to leave - drove to Mission Viejo Lexus, was greeted by a hot chick and 5 minutes later test driving an F... decision final
Not sure if this is all Lexus dealers but the one I get my car serviced at, the hot chick at the front always greets everybody who is browsing in the showroom. It's a nice gesture
Old 09-02-12, 09:44 AM
daniel3ooo
Pole Position

Wow gtr is Crap because a few ppl have had tranny issues? Guess you'll never get to enjoy anything "better" than an isf if you are always worried about something breaking. Some of us are willing to take the risk to enjoy something different and maybe even more enjoyable than the F. Now don't get me wrong I love my isf but not all amgs or gtrs are Crap..

Old 09-02-12, 11:59 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was buying my GT-R, I went into my local Nissan dealership and basically told the young, new salesman to get me some numbers on one and call me (they didn't have one). So I end up buying one 2 hours away. Long story short, the first time I took it in for service, the GM of this local dealership comes to me to chat about the car and asks me where I bought it. I told him my story about his salesman. Oops!

Also, a few years back I wanted to test drive a new Corvette. Same situation kind of. Young salesman tells me they don't let people test drive Corvettes. So, I left.....still don't know if that's true, but I wasn't going to bother with that dealership. I test drive every car I buy.
Old 09-02-12, 01:21 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raceism
I agree on that as well. stock to stock, C63 AMG will def. win
On the track, you might have a different outcome.
Old 09-03-12, 07:01 AM
dLad
Driver

i understand what you're trying to say, but specifically in response to the gtr comment.....i just got a 2013...I recently met a porsche gt2 owner who used to own a 2009 gtr. He went through 3 transmissions on the gtr, but he said it best. He said "Nissan didn't fully deliver their promised product in 2009, 2010, and 2011. The 2012s and 13s are what Nissan should've delivered in 2009." All gtr's are not unreliable, and all transmissions will not fall apart. Not even the best gtr is as reliable as the isf. I loved my isf and miss it too. GTR is another level...I just wanted to chime in after this person said "Quality and reliability for me are big...if I spend money I dont want to buy crap....some people dont care about that (hence those that purchase Nissan GTR's) but I am not going to pay someone even a dollar if the product is built like crap- even if it does go really fast"....although that comment is exactly why i didn't buy a used 09 gtr...or even a 10 or 11.
Old 09-03-12, 07:55 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

I bought a used GT-R with 16k miles and ran it thru 25k and never had ONE issue. I even tuned it and drove the snot out of it.
Old 09-04-12, 07:21 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the LC5 on the 2013 GTR is more bulletproof than the previous versions. I think Nissan has ironed out these issues after seeing their trannys fail in the past. Just like how the 2008 ISF's had some issues (water pump leakage, pulling to right, rearview mirror shaking), the later versions of the F don't have these.
Old 09-05-12, 12:05 PM
dLad
Driver

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
I think the LC5 on the 2013 GTR is more bulletproof than the previous versions. I think Nissan has ironed out these issues after seeing their trannys fail in the past. Just like how the 2008 ISF's had some issues (water pump leakage, pulling to right, rearview mirror shaking), the later versions of the F don't have these.
true vj....true...lets link up sometime soon
Old 09-05-12, 12:25 PM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

I love coming to this section of Club Lexus and learning more about these cars, gives me motivation everyday to work harder than I did the day before.
Old 09-05-12, 02:48 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Just got back from BMW looking at the new M5 that they just got. When I was pulling out, there was a C63 behind me with 3 people in it (looked like a test drive). I hammered it (with no mufflers) and they took chase. Bet they were thinking that thing sounded awesome!