IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Traded in My 2009 IS F

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-12, 06:08 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
Wow...seems like a lot of people REALLY love their IS Fs. I like mine a lot, but I wouldn't trade mine in for another one..even it has improvements. 2014 F is a long way to go, and with the sales numbers of the current IS Fs...there might not be one.

Where the heck do you live in CA where they only get 2 IS Fs a quarter?

BTW...fairly rare = low production numbers = less chance for a 2nd generation F anytime soon. If Lexus does like most car manufactures do...the next gen IS F probably won't be out till 2015/2016. It was two years after the IS250/350 was a released that the IS F came along...
I would count on the 2014 F happening. The F is a symbol of excellence for Lexus and a substantial marketing investment. What they do not earn (and for that matter charge for the car in US versus other countries) is well offset by all the other cars sold by F sport brand awareness and association.

When I met with Japanese folks a month ago they complained that the F is priced out of reach in Japan--well over $120k US. Lucky us.
Old 08-29-12, 08:42 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think 6 months after new is 250/350 design rolls out the new F will drop. The new toyota CEO seems he wants to inject more sport into lexus/toyota/scion. They also want to keep up the new m3 and rs5..and need more inspiration for their F sport packages on other models. Also every auto magazine keeps lamenting that IS design is old and outdated which i disagree with..it still turns heads..but does need to be revamped for 2014
Old 08-29-12, 08:47 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Wow...seems like a lot of people REALLY love their IS Fs. I like mine a lot, but I wouldn't trade mine in for another one..even it has improvements.
This is the first car I've owned where I honestly can't think of what other car that exists today that I would "upgrade" to. I would love a GTR of course but the ISF really fits the bill for me and my lifestyle so well I can only think that I would just trade-up from an 08 into a newer model.
Old 08-29-12, 08:55 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
But don't mind me... LoL
pssshh...what does JOE know?! BTW...I have a copy of the IS F Service Manual burned on a disc for you and it's in my car...so next meet...the only thing I have to do is remember to give it to you...which will probably be the hardest part.

Who wants to make a friendly wager on when the next IS F is going to be released?
Old 08-29-12, 09:05 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW...so i read the article a bit. The thing is...he's the chief engineer. We all know engineering/sales/marketing are always fighting

I think this image will sum CERTAIN aspects up. In the end, it's what the customer wants. Just like this whole "F Sport" thing...some may not like it, some think it's cool...in the end, what matters? How many cars their selling.....
Old 08-29-12, 09:27 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

as long as the the IS line as a whole is profitable..thats all that matters..and then a new baby next generation IS-F will be born soon..
Old 08-30-12, 01:12 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Toyota/Lexus sells plenty of cars, especially in Japan. I doubt they are worried about sales. You think they would have released the LF-A if they were hurting lol.
Old 08-30-12, 08:56 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

congrats on the switch! I myself am in the process of looking for an IS F. pretty picky on blue/white combo. thus, after a few months of looking, and with no new 2012's coming in while we wait for the 2013's, seems like i'll need to wait a bit more

let's see pictures!

Last edited by LO 21; 08-30-12 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-30-12, 09:15 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-30-12, 09:49 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by anxiouz
This is the first car I've owned where I honestly can't think of what other car that exists today that I would "upgrade" to. I would love a GTR of course but the ISF really fits the bill for me and my lifestyle so well I can only think that I would just trade-up from an 08 into a newer model.
I agree with this.
Old 08-30-12, 10:00 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
^^^^^^^^^^^
Sorry haha. what I wrote was confusing. Now fixed.
Old 08-30-12, 01:16 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I won't be considering trading "up" unless it's a different-looking ISF with more power. Jumping to a newer F with the same power and body style (with the exception of minor suspension & LSD changes).......is just a lateral move IMO.
Old 08-30-12, 01:20 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

pssshh...what does JOE know?! BTW...I have a copy of the IS F Service Manual burned on a disc for you and it's in my car...so next meet...the only thing I have to do is remember to give it to you...which will probably be the hardest part.

Who wants to make a friendly wager on when the next IS F is going to be released?
You already know the release date, don't you?!?! Is it Sept '13?
Old 08-30-12, 06:29 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

no it's December 2013
Old 08-31-12, 08:08 PM
stratman
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi All,

Sorry that I haven't replied since my original post but I've been working some crazy hours the last month, as in a.m. and then p.m. and even noon on different days. Thankfully, it's over now and I can start surfing again. I appreciate everyone who has posted a response to my original post. I know that some may feel that this is a lateral move but it really isn't. The handling on the
'12 is far better than the '09 and the body role is just about non existent. Plus, the IS F is such a great daily driver. There are alot of enhancements in the '12 over '09 but as far as I'm concerned, all years are great. I just happened to get a really good deal on this one and, yes, I was told that the dealership only gets two new IS Fs a quarter. I know that there is supposed to be a new and probably more powerful model in 2014 but that's ok. This one is plenty powerful for me. As for mods, probably tinted windows and as mentioned in my original post, I already installed my Joe Z intake from my '09. Later, 245/275 tires but as far as exhaust, no headers unless someone makes a CARB legal set. Oh, by the way, I'm 55 so this will probably be my last new "hot rod" as I plan on keeping it for many years.

Quick Reply: Traded in My 2009 IS F