IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Virginia IS-F owners "North meets South" meet. Saturday October 13th

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-12, 07:34 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Virginia IS-F owners "North meets South" meet. Saturday October 13th

I've tried to combine things we all like... lunch, pictures, and going fast (legally)... into one planned meet for those in the VA/DC Metro/MD/Northeast NC region. Let's get this going!

I picked a location just Northeast of Richmond in Mechanicsville, VA because it is almost exactly 100 miles away whether you're coming from DC or Virginia Beach, there's a park nearby which would be a good place for pictures, and there's a dragstrip only 15-20mins away too. I propose we meet up for an early lunch, around 11am on Saturday, October 13th, head over to the park for pictures after lunch, and then for those that are interested, we head to Richmond Dragway for a test and tune event so some people can get in some fun runs. Those that are not interested can either come by and watch, or just head on back home.

So, put it on your calendar now and let me know for sure if you're in! Let's break the East Coast record of 7 IS-Fs at one meet spot. There are easily a dozen of us that are within a 2hr drive of this place, so if we plan and commit we can have a great turnout!

**Note, I am not from the Richmond area, but I picked a lunch spot that is a.) right near I-95 and not hard to find, b.) seems to have more than adequate parking, and c.) serves food and drink that just about everyone can find something they like.

WHEN
Saturday, October 13th 11:00am

WHERE
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
10085 Brook Rd
Richmond, VA 23059

-then

Pictures at Three Lakes Park (6mi from Famous Dave's)

-then-

Fun runs at the Richmond Dragway (quartermile track)
1955 Portugee Road Sandston, VA 23150
www.richmonddragway.com

Who is in?
-vbb- CONFIRMED
-zapa- CONFIRMED
-zombeezISF- (CONFIRMED as a maybe)
-tomkirklan- CONFIRMED
-rw95gt
-Boma- CONFIRMED
-FOVFR421- CONFIRMED
-meangene4- CONFIRMED
-Ryanmac- CONFIRMED
-Franch1se- CONFIRMED
-Fastexasz- CONFIRMED

Last edited by vbb; 10-12-12 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-20-12, 07:48 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds good man. I like how you have taken control and set this thing up I'm down to go.
Old 08-20-12, 12:25 PM
zombeezISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in, pending work doesnt send me out in the field.
Yay! Excited to see all the F's that will show up...

ps. And yes, thank you VBB for setting this up!
Old 08-21-12, 06:12 PM
vbb

No problem with setting it up. I'm hopeful we have a good turnout. A lot of people mentioned they were interested in the other thread, so we'll see who can make the Oct 13 date.
Old 08-21-12, 06:13 PM
tomkirklan
Driver

I should be there.
Old 08-21-12, 07:19 PM
rw95gt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try and make it. I will be coming from Raleigh. Should be good weather for the track in October.
Old 08-21-12, 07:26 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man... 6.5 hr drive for me.. if it was in Maryland I would seriously consider it...
Old 08-22-12, 05:04 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by rw95gt
I will try and make it. I will be coming from Raleigh. Should be good weather for the track in October.
Provided it doesn't rain, conditions should be near ideal for some quick runs.
Old 08-22-12, 05:18 AM
Boma
Lead Lap

If I don't get sent out into the field that weekend, count me in! I will have a definite answer a couple weeks before that day.
Old 08-22-12, 08:13 AM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Let's make it in md, so the guys higher north can make it too. I'm down for whatever regardless
Old 08-22-12, 08:52 AM
FOVFR421
Rookie

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in assuming that we can hit the track.

Has anyone checked with the raceway to see if we can actually run on the track? Is there an event going on or will we have access to the track? If so, what will the cost be?

Thanks for setting this up. It looks to be a great time.
Old 08-22-12, 09:01 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by meangene4
Let's make it in md, so the guys higher north can make it too. I'm down for whatever regardless
I would suggest that if people farther north want to have a meet closer to them, they should plan one. I would be happy to have as many people that want to come to this show up, but I tried to make it central to those of us in VA/DC because it is hard for some of us to get all the way up to Atlantic City or NY or wherever some of the northern meets are held. The spot I picked is about 90mins away from either DC or Virginia Beach, so it is a good spot for a day trip if you live in either of those areas. I know that some people are trying to plan a Northeast IS-F owners meet somewhere maybe in Atlantic City, but that would be a 6hr drive one way for me which is not feasible unless I made a weekend out of it.

I hope some people from up north or down south can make it to Richmond on Oct 13th though, we'd be happy to have you.
Old 08-22-12, 09:03 AM
vbb

Originally Posted by FOVFR421
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in assuming that we can hit the track.

Has anyone checked with the raceway to see if we can actually run on the track? Is there an event going on or will we have access to the track? If so, what will the cost be?

Thanks for setting this up. It looks to be a great time.
I checked their race schedule and they have open test & tune starting at 11am. I have run a previous car up there years ago, and on a test & tune day you show up, run your car through tech inspection, and then get in as many runs as you can. If it isn't packed, we should be able to get 3+ runs in each easily. I will double check with the track operators as we get closer to make sure things don't change, but I picked Oct 13th specifically because they had an open test & tune.
Old 08-22-12, 09:40 AM
Ryanmac
Rookie

I am a strong maybe. I will do everything I can to be there but will have a newborn by then.

Great location choice. I stop there every time I'm driving back from Newport News to DC
Old 08-22-12, 05:30 PM
Franch1se
Rookie

I plan on coming. My car will probably still be stock but hopefully I can see more mods in person so I can decide what I will end up getting. Hope someone with the Greddy Exhaust comes. Those of us coming from the Va Beach area should coordinate a caravan to head up together.

Quick Reply: Virginia IS-F owners "North meets South" meet. Saturday October 13th