IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Meet Azure

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-12, 06:45 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mishkinm5
I am really thinking of going with greddy exhaust any pics of it installed?
Not really much to see, really. It comes with four very nice exhaust tips, but I prefer the factory look. Here is the only pic I have of the exhaust at the moment. I will say that, directly from behind, the titanium exhaust piping (four pipes) is very attractive:

Old 08-17-12, 07:57 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Firstly, you did a great job. Am sure you weighed the wheels and tires combo. Mind sharing the weight of each end? Thanks!

Last edited by Lexura1414; 08-17-12 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-17-12, 08:00 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice set up and man you are truly a Toyota enthusiast .
Old 08-17-12, 08:27 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where in california are you located? you plan on installing the headers yourself?
Old 08-17-12, 09:10 PM
Damage
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much did the exhaust cost and where did you buy it from? Are you in the bay area? Would love to hear it.
Old 08-17-12, 09:58 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice man. Good to see someone with the Greddy exhaust.
Old 08-17-12, 11:22 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Amazing work thus far! Thoroughly impressed by the selective mods you've chosen. It definitely pays to do the research and wait to see which ones fit your style best.
Old 08-18-12, 03:13 AM
mishkinm5
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on exhaust cost and vendor... Looking to mate it with ppe headers.
Old 08-18-12, 11:26 AM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by imp0rted1
beautiful.

how is the ride quality of the HKS suspension vs stock?
Sorry I didn't respond to this the first time through. The ride quality of the HKS coilovers is better than the 2010 OEM suspension. The ride is firm, yet compliant, which is tough to do with any suspension. With my OEM wheel/tire set-up, it was about perfect for me. With my wider wheels and tires, there has been a very slight degradation going over certain types of bumps. That said, none of this has changed my opinion about the coilovers, although I hesitate to make recommendations about coilovers since one man's pleasure is another's poison.

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Firstly, you did a great job. Am sure you weighed the wheels and tires combo. Mind sharing the weight of each end? Thanks!
Normally, this is one of the first things I would do, but my summer has been pretty intense so far, re-doing my wife's kitchen, rebuilding my shed out back, working on this car and doing a lot of work on my red Supra. I still have the OEM wheels and tires (still mounted) so I would like to weigh them and my new set-up to see, exactly, what the weight differences are. If I am able to do this, I will report back with my findings.

Originally Posted by GenuineKid
where in california are you located? you plan on installing the headers yourself?
I am in southern California and, no, I will not be installing the headers myself.

Originally Posted by Damage
How much did the exhaust cost and where did you buy it from? Are you in the bay area? Would love to hear it.
Originally Posted by mishkinm5
+1 on exhaust cost and vendor... Looking to mate it with ppe headers.
I purchased the GReddy exhaust through SP Engineering at its introductory price. That price rose to $3995 as of September 1, 2011. Initially, GReddy made only 15 sets of the exhaust because of its concerns about market acceptance. It's my recollection the exhausts sold out quickly, but I have nothing to confirm this. You might want to contact GReddy directly to determine if it is still producing this exhaust or has future plans to do so.
Old 08-18-12, 06:33 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Hello Ken,
As always, you have done a incredible job of compiling all the best parts out there and putting it all together to result in perfection...nicely done. Your DPE wheels look perfect; perfect size and color to bring out the aggressive yet elegant nature of your USB IS-F. You should put together a photoshoot of your beautiful Supras and your F...Darshana S...
Old 08-18-12, 06:33 PM
DekNgo
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful car. I love USB.
Old 08-20-12, 01:14 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Originally Posted by KJH
Normally, this is one of the first things I would do, but my summer has been pretty intense so far, re-doing my wife's kitchen, rebuilding my shed out back, working on this car and doing a lot of work on my red Supra. I still have the OEM wheels and tires (still mounted) so I would like to weigh them and my new set-up to see, exactly, what the weight differences are. If I am able to do this, I will report back with my findings.
Got to thinking about this a bit more and realized that Tire Rack publishes weights of the tires it offers for sale. I checked and, unfortunately, the information is incomplete because it is no longer offering the Bridgestone RE050A Pole Position tire in 255/40/19, the rear size of the OEM tires that came on my 2010 IS-F. Anyway the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, my replacement tires, show a weight of 25-pounds for the 265/35/19s I have in front and 30-pounds for the 305/30/19s I have in the rear.

By contrast, the Bridgestone 225/40/19s that came on the car weigh 26-pounds. As noted, the 255/40/19 is no longer offered, so I checked the weight of the RE050A, a lesser performing tire than the RE050A Pole Positions. This tire weighs 28-pounds but it is unknown if its weight is the same, or different, than the higher performance variant. Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-12, 01:18 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Supraman16
Hello Ken,
As always, you have done a incredible job of compiling all the best parts out there and putting it all together to result in perfection...nicely done. Your DPE wheels look perfect; perfect size and color to bring out the aggressive yet elegant nature of your USB IS-F. You should put together a photoshoot of your beautiful Supras and your F...Darshana S...
Darshana,

Thank you for your very kind words and words of advice you have provided me while I have been assessing my mod options. Once my normal photographer is back on his feet, I will have him do a photo shoot of all three cars. I'll PM you when this is done. Thanks again.
Old 08-20-12, 03:21 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
Got to thinking about this a bit more and realized that Tire Rack publishes weights of the tires it offers for sale. I checked and, unfortunately, the information is incomplete because it is no longer offering the Bridgestone RE050A Pole Position tire in 255/40/19, the rear size of the OEM tires that came on my 2010 IS-F. Anyway the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, my replacement tires, show a weight of 25-pounds for the 265/35/19s I have in front and 30-pounds for the 305/30/19s I have in the rear.

By contrast, the Bridgestone 225/40/19s that came on the car weigh 26-pounds. As noted, the 255/40/19 is no longer offered, so I checked the weight of the RE050A, a lesser performing tire than the RE050A Pole Positions. This tire weighs 28-pounds but it is unknown if its weight is the same, or different, than the higher performance variant. Hope this helps.
Thank you for looking into the tire weights. You seem to be a guy who is into details and I am striving to be the same, personally and career wise. Also, I must say you made the most sensible choices for you car and the end result is great. Hopefully, we get more updates re you car.
Old 08-20-12, 04:18 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

beautiful set up and very smart mods... I can appreciate some one who does all their research before modding. Job well done so far I would love to hear a sound clip of that exhaust!

subscribed!

Quick Reply: Meet Azure