IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Attention in the isf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 08:07 PM
cmsal168
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was up in Massachusetts one weekend for a conference and pulled in a gas station to fill up. As I was placing the nozzle in the car, I noticed two guys running and yelling towards my direction. I immediately went into defensive mode thinking that I was about to get carjacked or robbed. Needless to say, they were quite ecstatic to see an F up close. Both started asking me a lot of questions and taking pics. Living in NJ, if someone comes at you aggressively, you better be ready to throw down or be a victim. Glad that it turned out pretty well. Wheeew!
Old 08-07-12, 08:43 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol which part of NJ smsal?
Old 08-07-12, 08:52 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends what area your in...I dont know how many is-f's there are in Maryland. I get looks and thumbs up all the time. If you really want attention, step on the gas pedal a little

Having said that...it is a sleeper, which is a good thing.
Old 08-13-12, 09:01 AM
cmsal168
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Lol which part of NJ smsal?
Live in Middlesex County.
Old 09-04-12, 04:50 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I just returned from Washington DC and parked the F for 2 days at the Hilton. Leaving after checkout I found this note on my windshield.

LOL - I had to go back up to the check-in for translation and see if someone had damaged my car or said something nice?

I think it says " Como Te Voy A Olvidar" = "How am I going to forget you"

Funny thing is, I must have had about 20 compliments whenever I stopped for gas or shopping from random strangers.........In my home town no one has ever said anything for two years?

Digger08
Old 09-04-12, 05:24 PM
Bulls23337
Intermediate

^^wow, that's kinda creepy!!
Old 09-04-12, 05:32 PM
lunaC42
Driver

Originally Posted by RCM83
You wouldn't believe. I catch people checking it out all the time. My favorite is when I'm parked in front of Starbucks getting some coffee and a good read in...I'll glance up and notice people checking it out when they walk in. I still think its a sleeper though to most people in that they have no idea its a 416hp V8 under the hood.
I do the same. love to park in front of starbucks and watch people check out the F. you'll be surprised.
Old 09-04-12, 05:38 PM
lunaC42
Driver

Originally Posted by madastep
I get some attn, but not a ton. Also i've never had someone try and race me that wasn't a friend going to the same place.
most of my attn i think is the headers/intake/exhaust combo, sounds really mean, and people look surprised it's a Lexus.
Yet the wife says people look all the time and try to race her..... so, maybe i just don't notice, lol
people try to race me all the time. usually they end up pulled over at the side of the road with an overheated engine. sometimes its a cop in an unmarked car and I end up pulled over at the side of the road...
Old 09-04-12, 06:21 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Eh... too many F's in the SF bay area... It's only a couple times a month some one will give me a thumbs up or point and stare when I'm driving on the freeway.

Since owning the car since February, one guy in a new Mitsubishi Evo gave me a thumbs up and followed me home to take a closer look at my car (creepy), another guy in a Supra wanted me to roll down my window on the freeway to tell me that I'm driving his favorite car, and another guy stopped me in a parking lot and asked me to look under my hood since he was a mechanic and has never seen an ISF engine in person just when I was going to go grocery shopping.
Old 09-05-12, 07:25 AM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Disappointing to say in Tampa, even with my USB I rarely get a compliment or any attention with the car. Not that I'm an attention *****, it just surprises me how no one knows jack about cars here. On the other hand if I see something unique, be ready for 20 questions lol! My s2000 gets much more love than my F.
Old 09-05-12, 04:08 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I was surprised by the lack of attention the F gets around here. I think to the average person, it is just a "sport version" Lexus. Occasionally I'll see a few people check it out in the parking lot but rarely any attention during the commute. Prolly cause I drive like an old man most of the time. I even passed another IS-F on the freeway today and he didn't even notice. WTF? I slowed down beside him and gave him a thumbs up. He just looked the other way.

However the exhaust is the one thing that makes people notice. I was going through my local touch free wash last week and the owner (who is typically there) came up and said - "Sounds like you got a hot rod there". I smiled and said "I guess you could call it that". He said he had never heard a V6 sound like that. I laughed and told him the details. The whole time, he had thought I had added a body kit and funky exhaust and wheels to an otherwise normal Lexus. After the discussion he seemed to really appreciate the technology in the car. Especially when I showed him my Tank MPG at 27.2. Needless to say I left in full F Mode so can't wait to hear what he says next time.
Old 09-05-12, 04:22 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

in the last week or so five cars pulled up next to me, highway and normal streets. one guy in a 350z asked " what is that" i told him and he said " i never heard of this car before" others are like " what kind of lexus is that?" i always laugh a little inside. and one guy asked " is this a is250? " i said nope ISF, he replied " is350? " i said no again and basically had to break it down,,,is250 then 350 then F. he was impressed..lol
Old 09-05-12, 04:29 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Ah this thread , i get thumb up every few days, and someone draw a heart shape on my passenger window at 24 hrs at nite.
Old 09-05-12, 04:37 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Eh... too many F's in the SF bay area... It's only a couple times a month some one will give me a thumbs up or point and stare when I'm driving on the freeway.

Since owning the car since February, one guy in a new Mitsubishi Evo gave me a thumbs up and followed me home to take a closer look at my car (creepy), another guy in a Supra wanted me to roll down my window on the freeway to tell me that I'm driving his favorite car, and another guy stopped me in a parking lot and asked me to look under my hood since he was a mechanic and has never seen an ISF engine in person just when I was going to go grocery shopping.
Are you kidding me? Every time I'm in the bros F I get honks, thumbs up, even this cutie in another F raced me to the next light and stopped at Starbucks with me to talk about the car, I even got her digits too!LOL I have only seen a handful of F's in the Bay Area ever since its been out...
Old 09-05-12, 07:13 PM
Roffles
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Really? I live in the Bay Area also and my experience is opposite. I can't drive in peace half the time. Too many cars passing me on freeways or frontage roads slow down to check me out. Or if I'm driving fast they speed up to check me out.

Gas stations and parking lots always cause some sort of a scene especially with a fresh coat of wax on the ultrasonic blue. And when I try to drive fast a thousand boy racers come out of nowhere to play catch up. I haven't had my car for long so maybe I'll get used to it. But for now I'm a bit annoyed at some of the attention this car gets.

Quick Reply: Attention in the isf?