IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Attention in the isf?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-12, 02:54 PM
caco666
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

2012 USB with white interior. I've had people at gas stations ask me about the car. People pull up to me and point inside, while talking to other passengers in their car. Had a few people follow me for a while, right up behind me and on the side.
Old 08-06-12, 02:59 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

just the other day on the street, stopped at the stop light and i hear, "excuse me! excuse me!" my window was cracked open so i turned my head and saw two ladies in an accord. the passenger goes, "is your car faster than that one?" she was poiting to an IS250 that was right next to me. i said, "a lot faster." she goes, "a lot faster, huh? i wish i could ride wit chu! sounds real good, too!" lol i nodded and hit the gas as the light turned. haha
Old 08-06-12, 03:30 PM
madastep
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get some attn, but not a ton. Also i've never had someone try and race me that wasn't a friend going to the same place.
most of my attn i think is the headers/intake/exhaust combo, sounds really mean, and people look surprised it's a Lexus.
Yet the wife says people look all the time and try to race her..... so, maybe i just don't notice, lol
Old 08-06-12, 04:54 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was out test driving my cousins to get feel what an IS-F was like and I stopped at 76 to top off and a guy maybe a couple years older than me about 20, 21 comes over, asked what type of V8 swapped into the car and I chuckled said told him that they come the factory like this and then he looks at me confused and said "I thought these were daddy's girls cars?" Then I politely exited the 76 with WOT...
Old 08-06-12, 06:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

If anybody is gawking or looking, I never notice. Every once in awhile someone will say something like "is that a 250 or a 350?" and I just laugh.

I really don't pay much attention to what other people are doing. I'm usually focused on going somewhere. FAST.
Old 08-06-12, 08:00 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RustyHook
I actually think its more of a sleeper... And definitely better that way. Especially in OSB.

The poor lad in the red Ferrairi 360 the other day now knows what an ISF is... It took two runs to educate the man. As expected, first run was denial, second was validation.

Sleeper FTW.
My buddy just bought a Ferrari F430 and he took me on a ride recently and then we raced 3 times and we were neck/neck twice and one I was pulling on him.... He (and even I) was shocked!!! He was like, "I miss shifted!". LOL!
Old 08-07-12, 05:37 AM
Franch1se
Rookie

Originally Posted by vbb
Haha, I will definitely deliver the message. By the way, no point in racing him... the IS-F is definitely faster, and he readily admits it. We need to meet up sometime soon. There's a couple of IS-F guys down my way too... we should do a photoshoot sometime.
Just have him call me next time you guys get together. Yeah a friend at work has been wanting to do a photo shoot of my car also. Yeah I've seen a few in the area. Zapa is the only person met with an F though.
Old 08-07-12, 08:02 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
My buddy just bought a Ferrari F430 and he took me on a ride recently and then we raced 3 times and we were neck/neck twice and one I was pulling on him.... He (and even I) was shocked!!! He was like, "I miss shifted!". LOL!
You pulled on a car that's worth 3x yours with I/H/E... that's awesome
Old 08-07-12, 09:10 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Owning a F430 is one thing, but does he know how to drive it? He definitely needs more practice....lol.
Old 08-07-12, 09:13 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
You pulled on a car that's worth 3x yours with I/H/E... that's awesome
do it VJ!

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
was it from a roll or dig?
Old 08-07-12, 09:40 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Looking at the f430 trap speeds, not that far out of reach from a roll... bolt ons should make it interesting.
Old 08-07-12, 12:58 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Owning a F430 is one thing, but does he know how to drive it? He definitely needs more practice....lol.
He had only had it a week or so.... He had an R8 before that....
Old 08-07-12, 01:01 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
was it from a roll or dig?
from a dig x2 ... We were neck/neck.
From a 30mph roll is when I pulled on him.
Old 08-07-12, 02:21 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

It's awesome that your IS-F hung with (and edged out) an F430... but your buddy has a deep wallet and great taste apparently. The F430 is a beautiful machine, and I'm positive he doesn't want to trade you, lol!
Old 08-07-12, 07:16 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

To be honest, there are so many "nice" cars on the road in So Cal that the F kinda just blends in. But yes, it does stand out. I see more Fisker's on the road than ISF's which says a lot (although they're local).

When I see any kind of modded (even just tint or wheels) car like a Z, MS3, M3, Subie, Mitsu, etc... I notice they turn their heads when I drive by in the opposite direction. I drive a white F with a blacked out grill so it does stand out from that view.

For those in the same direction....I have a childish lic plate that doesn't help the situation (say "heart" fast if you don't get the joke):

Quick Reply: Attention in the isf?