IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Not able to beat 2010 Audi S4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-12, 08:40 PM
kteng7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not able to beat 2010 Audi S4 ?

So today me and my friend decided to have little fun right around the block near my house. I have a 2009 ISF with everything stock (Just bought it last week ) and my friend drives a 2010 Audi S4 with upgraded chip and STaSIS exhaust setup. (claims to have about 400 HP)

We both stop at the red light and waiting for the green light to take off. I turn on the sports mode so does he. When we took off, his car was ahead of me about half of my car. I couldn't believe it, i thought ISF is way much faster than S4 ? is it because S4 is AWD to make a big difference? Should I turn off traction control and use manual shifter next time?

I still thinking its gonna be the driver's problem (which is me...) any advise ?
Old 07-26-12, 08:46 PM
djhydro
Driver

I dont know what it could be but me and my friend did a few friendly runs and I had the Sport Button OFF and I was playing with him.. Heres the video. was driving in manual

He did have the sport button on and he had an intake with an exhaust I was completely stock then.

Last edited by djhydro; 07-26-12 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 08:57 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

hey dj where were you guys on the ocean parkway? when is the next sunday fun run?
Old 07-26-12, 08:57 PM
kteng7
Driver

I just did a quick research, would it be faster with Trac OFF, VSC OFF and Sport Mode?
Old 07-26-12, 09:01 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

yes..in dry conditions
Old 07-26-12, 09:02 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Manual shift will always be faster. Leave trac on for consistency.
Old 07-26-12, 09:04 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kteng7
I just did a quick research, would it be faster with Trac OFF, VSC OFF and Sport Mode?
Why would you want traction control off? That means you'll have to figure it out how much tire spin you don't want with your own foot. VSC = vehicle stability control...why would this even matter if you're going in a straight line?

Fact of the matter is...the Audi is AWD, more traction off the line. Also, depends on how fast you raced till because the IS F does have a faster 0 to 60...both cars weigh pretty much the same...but his max torque kicks in at a lower RPM. Either way...you should have won...

In this situtation...blame yourself...the driver...not the car.

full manual + sport mode + learn to drive = you'll beat the S4
Old 07-26-12, 09:06 PM
djhydro
Driver

Leave trac on at all times because this beast does need to be leashed (atleast for me) Just have it in Sport mode and Manual and know exactly when to shift.. My first run I shifted at slightly earlier RPM that's why he gained on me for few seconds.

Lexsane: this was by the Clock Turnaround at Jones Beach.. This wasn't planned it just happened so..
Old 07-26-12, 09:08 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Your new to the car, you probably didn't launch it properly. Learn how to drive the car in manual mode and learn a more aggressive launch and say good bye S4.
Old 07-26-12, 09:20 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

become one with the engine..breath in during upshifts and breath out during down shifts. visualize the win before it happens.. haha.. or just switch cars and see if it really is you or not.. the s4 with a chip and stasis is no joke.
Old 07-26-12, 09:20 PM
kteng7
Driver

Thanks guys for the advise. I do blame myself on todays friendly race
I will def. learnn how to use manual shifter starting tomorrow
Old 07-26-12, 09:32 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Don't beat yourself up. If you haven't got a lot of seat time in high powered cars, it's a steep learning curve to get the car off the line efficiently. You'll figure it out and surprise your friend when you do.
Old 07-26-12, 10:01 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW...be safe...and first and fore most...don't hurt the car...jk...don't hurt yourself or others. Take it easy.

I remember the first day I drove my IS F home...man...I babied the hell out of it. I went form a 270hp Acura TL to this beast...I'll never forget that night.
Old 07-27-12, 12:57 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

IF your friend has chip and other mods=400rwhp, then you might want to get all bolts on to match him . But 1st learn how to drive the car and let the ECU learns it.
Old 07-27-12, 04:02 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

^^^ Actually, for now or the next race, don't do any bolt-ons to your car or tell your friend you have a full tank of gas, you got a bunch of bricks from home depot in your trunk that you forgot to take out for your back yard project. Then be liberal about how much hps he has. If he says 400 hps with the mods, get him to inflate that number.....

BECAUSE once you spank him next time, it would be even better!!! You'll be like, "Dude, I had like 500 lbs of bricks in my car, all stock IS-F vs you with at least 500 hps in your heavily modified S4, and I spank yo **** boy!!!!!"

I don't care if he has 400 hps, you IS-F should have spanked him. Most of the time, people inflate their hps anyways, especially if they didn't dyon their cars after mods. Leave traction control on, and turn on sports mode. I recommend you leaving it on auto, and just smash that pedal baby! And if you loose somehow... Being in auto mode will be your excuse to do another run, if you loose, but this time in manual mode. Leaving it in auto mode reduces driver error b/c all you have to do is smash it baby!

Quick Reply: Not able to beat 2010 Audi S4 ?