IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-12, 08:28 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Not a Lexus dealer? Then lawyer up, period. Obviously this guy can no longer be trusted.
Old 07-19-12, 09:03 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this whole thread I'm pissed. It's pretty sad that he they BS'd you until they come back from vacay. F that bro! At least have them approve repairs at a shop of your choice!
Old 07-19-12, 09:22 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Sorry to see this happen...

So it just about sounds like some fast "joy riding" took place and front end damage occurred while that happened...
(ride height related)

I'm sure 1 of the 2 third party shop Techs can easily explain what the hell happened..

For what it's worth.. My car never stays (alone) at a Lexus Dealership or 3rd party shop for that matter..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 07-19-12 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-19-12, 09:29 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
For what it's worth.. My car never stays (alone) at a Lexus Dealership or 3rd party shop for that matter..

~ Joe Z
A BIG +1 here

Lou
Old 07-19-12, 09:45 AM
supafreeza
Pole Position

Sorry to hear man. I hope this gets resolved to your liking.
Old 07-19-12, 10:06 AM
Boostd
Driver

Man I'm sorry this has happened to you. That is BS.... somebody went for a spirited joyride and needs to pay for the damages. Looks like they hit something pretty hard to move the bumper end like that. Everytime I take my car into the shop I see a small scratch or two somewhere on it that wasn't there before. People just don't care these days. I'd make them pay for new parts or call a lawyer.
Old 07-19-12, 11:43 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

I guess for those who must drop off their car for longer than a few hours, it might just be best practice to take pictures right at the drop off. Pictures are worth 1000 words vs heresay. Just my .02 I know I will when I take my car in for a new nav screen.
Old 07-19-12, 11:49 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

wow, just wow. i'd want to kill someone if they did this. good luck OP.
Old 07-19-12, 04:26 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry to hear about the damage, that is unacceptable. The MPG though is probably from the car idling for long periods before being moved around or driven a short distance.
Old 07-19-12, 05:23 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shame on the person that did it and on the dealership Service Rep for not personally inspecting your car before giving it back to you. They should have called and told you right after it happened. Im sorry to see that happen. I hope everything gets handled well.
Old 07-19-12, 07:20 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

This is really unfortunate, and yet another example of why it's so hard to trust certain places. It shouldn't matter what car, but especially one with nice lips and add-ons that might be more prone to scraping and scratching, more care needs to be addressed. How dare the shop owner even think about going on vacation when one of the customers needs urgent care! This matter needs to be acted upon quickly and with thorough customer satisfaction. Best of luck though!
Old 07-19-12, 11:52 PM
HEWITT
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Really appreciate everyone reading the thread and posting! I'll keep everyone updated! Goes to show that people do not listen, especially when I tell them NUMEROUS times how careful and meticulous you have to be around EVERYTHING.
Old 07-20-12, 12:19 AM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just recently had this happen to me at Longo Lexus. They didn't take my car out for a joy ride or anything (IS250, i know not your ISF's but can relate with the story) but their tech did ruin my dash and my front lip. Good thing it's a dealership cuz Jimmy took care of everything!
Hope all goes well man.... that looks like a lot of damage
Old 07-20-12, 07:34 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't base the case on the tank average. I think what happened with that average is that the guy that took your car (and abused it), put some gas before taking it back to the shop, and that's what happens with the tank average, it goes extremely low until you drive it for some miles. I see that on my car everytime I fill up my tank.

As others said, call a lawyer and get this problem resolved, since the shop is not affiliated with Lexus things won't be that easy. I wouldn't let those guys touch my car again, I'd take it to a Lexus dealer and let them get the car the way it was... and the shop should pay in full for parts and labor.
Old 07-20-12, 07:42 AM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't read through all the pages, but I'm sorry what happened. I'd be super pissed. I only take my cars to trusted mechanics where I can literally sit there and watch them work on the car.

Second thing I learned is if you have to drop off the car to someone...you have the right to tell them...lets talk a really close walk around the car and the inside of the car and point out some areas of problems (just like if you're doing a car rental). Make them fill something out that you AND them had a walk around and both parties agree that there are no damages around the car or what damages are already present on the car. Check interior too because you never know these guys get in cars with sharp objects in their pockets.

Good luck...I hope everything turns out ok.

Quick Reply: CAR SHOP DAMAGED MY FRONT LIP, BUMPER TABS, and FRONT FENDERS