CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 10:29 AM
Pie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM Sent! Seems like a good first mod
Old 01-29-15, 10:11 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pie
PM Sent! Seems like a good first mod
The quality of the bushings is amazing. Well designed and pretty too! Just waiting for a little free time to lower my car and install the bushings and rear F Sport sway bar.
Old 01-30-15, 10:55 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok so I had a little extra time today after a rough week, installed the Swift springs on my car (front only), along with the Figs LCA bushings, and the F Sport rear sway bar (which I powder coated black).

Racked it and aligned it, found the SPC ball joints were not necessary, which surprised me a bit. Car drives awesome. A little stiffer in the front (reminds me of the ride of an early F), but handles great, and doesn't seem to dart around so much under hard braking, which I am assuming can be contributed to the LCA bushings.

As stated, these bushings are excellent quality and without a doubt a welcome addition to my car.
Old 02-01-15, 10:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
Well you guys pushed me to it, now offering with bracket swap.
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=235
I am interested in ordering a set of the bushing already mounted in the brackets but when I click on the link it doesnt say ISF like the prvious link. I am assuming its for all IS models. Can you PM me the link ? Thanks

Last edited by I8ABMR; 02-01-15 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-02-15, 06:47 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am interested in ordering a set of the bushing already mounted in the brackets but when I click on the link it doesnt say ISF like the prvious link. I am assuming its for all IS models. Can you PM me the link ? Thanks
We are only carrying one bushing that is rated for the F and fits the rest of the models as well.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 02-03-15, 12:26 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

We are only carrying one bushing that is rated for the F and fits the rest of the models as well.
Mike
Thanks. Will be ordering sooner than later. I will be donating this set of PSS to the track Gods. Ill buy the bushings for the next fresh set of rubber. Is it common to get noise with these?
Old 02-03-15, 08:26 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Thanks. Will be ordering sooner than later. I will be donating this set of PSS to the track Gods. Ill buy the bushings for the next fresh set of rubber. Is it common to get noise with these?
Most feedback is that there is no perceivable NVH from the bushings. They are still large so they damp quite a bit of the high frequency vibration while supporting against the force.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 02-03-15, 09:22 PM
RMA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a set installed during the same week a new set of PSS were installed on my car 5000 miles or so back. Just about a week or so ago I had to have the front passenger tire replaced due to a pothole in a parking lot (damage to sidewall) but road hazard covered it thru Tire Rack. Anyway there was absolutely no wear in the common area you typically see on all passenger side front tires due to the flex issue of the stock CA's. When I had the OE Potenza's replaced after the first 20k miles (right before the PSS) there was noticeable wear on the front passenger tire that matches everyone else's issues as described. Hope this helps.
Old 02-03-15, 09:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Most feedback is that there is no perceivable NVH from the bushings. They are still large so they damp quite a bit of the high frequency vibration while supporting against the force.
Mike
Thanks buddy, but I was referring more to squeaking from the bushing . I have seen a post or two about squeaking. I know the bushing can be lubed but was wondering how common it is

Originally Posted by RMA
I had a set installed during the same week a new set of PSS were installed on my car 5000 miles or so back. Just about a week or so ago I had to have the front passenger tire replaced due to a pothole in a parking lot (damage to sidewall) but road hazard covered it thru Tire Rack. Anyway there was absolutely no wear in the common area you typically see on all passenger side front tires due to the flex issue of the stock CA's. When I had the OE Potenza's replaced after the first 20k miles (right before the PSS) there was noticeable wear on the front passenger tire that matches everyone else's issues as described. Hope this helps.
Old 02-03-15, 10:27 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Thanks buddy, but I was referring more to squeaking from the bushing . I have seen a post or two about squeaking. I know the bushing can be lubed but was wondering how common it is

It's going to vary with environment certainly. The grease and poly formulation are developed to be complete compatible and the diamond features should retain a balance of grease in the bushing. From our own empirical testing we have not seen a requirement after 45K miles or so.
Old 03-17-15, 12:00 PM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike
Was looking on the order page. What does refurb OEM core -$40 mean?
Old 03-17-15, 12:37 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FIGS offers the bushing with a brand new bracket or a refurbished bracket. If you want a refurbished one it will be $40 less.
Old 03-17-15, 01:10 PM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman16
I got my bushing for my ISF installed a couple days ago. Overall the ride quality is the same and no increase in the noise from the stiffer bushings. If anything, it is more responsive and it seems like the suspension is doing is job better...it's less bouncy over random bumps, not sure how else to describe it. I am on BC Coilovers and Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I got the bushing installed and aligned at LexTech in Pasadena (tel: 626-765-6190). Mike Bedrossian (Lexus Mastertech) did a excellent job of both the bushing install and alignment. For those who are **** about their alignment spec, I would highly recommend Mike. One thing that he said while doing the alighment was that he didn't care about if the maching was reading "green" (he has a Hunter Alignment Machine), he wanted to make sure the numbers were EXACT and feel of the car to be what the customer wanted.

Anyway, highly recommend these new bushings and work done by LexTech in Pasadena...Darshana S...
Do you remember how much they charged you for the install and alignment?
Old 03-18-15, 12:14 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Are you guys sure you really need alignment after this mod?
Old 03-18-15, 01:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Are you guys sure you really need alignment after this mod?
Yes. Any difference between the original bushing and the replacement will impact toe. There is no way they are truly identical, and even a small difference means a lot because of the bushing's location relative to the steering rack.

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.