CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-14, 08:33 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by WylieKylie
^ Awesome! I've been on the edge of ordering a set of brackets for about a month, glad I didn't!

Edit: Ordered a set last night, does that make me the 1st to order with brackets? I love being the guinea pig!
Kyle, I have actually been doing this for a bit, just had not had a chance to formalize it. Building up bracket inventory and I have them coming in several days.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 01-22-14, 01:38 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like I'll be ordering mine soon!!
Old 01-25-14, 07:10 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I've had these installed for a little over a year now, and they, along with a bit of a toe adjustment, seem to have nearly completely eliminated my inner tire wear issue. So yay for that!

... BUT, I'm having another problem with them that has started within the last few months and seems to be getting slightly worse. I started noticing some squeaking in my front suspension when going over bumps and whatnot. It used to happen pretty much just in cold weather, but I'm now noticing it still happens in some warmer weather. After some internet searching, it seems like LCA bushings are a common source of this kind of squeak, which especially makes sense in my case since I've installed these bushings recently.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? Somewhere I can apply some lubrication or something?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-14, 11:20 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
So I've had these installed for a little over a year now, and they, along with a bit of a toe adjustment, seem to have nearly completely eliminated my inner tire wear issue. So yay for that!

... BUT, I'm having another problem with them that has started within the last few months and seems to be getting slightly worse. I started noticing some squeaking in my front suspension when going over bumps and whatnot. It used to happen pretty much just in cold weather, but I'm now noticing it still happens in some warmer weather. After some internet searching, it seems like LCA bushings are a common source of this kind of squeak, which especially makes sense in my case since I've installed these bushings recently.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? Somewhere I can apply some lubrication or something?

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you just need to reapply grease in between the center tube and the polyurethane. There are crass hatch features to retain it but it will eventually need lubrication. We have grease we can send or you should have received a grease packet with the bushings. Just use enough to line the interface between the two. You can also use a synthetic polymer grease on a grease gun with a needle tip.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 01-26-14, 11:19 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Ah, cool, thanks for the info. How much would the grease cost me?
Old 01-27-14, 09:46 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Ah, cool, thanks for the info. How much would the grease cost me?
$4 shipped, we have plenty in stock. Just pm your email address.
Old 01-29-14, 11:58 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FIGS
$4 shipped, we have plenty in stock. Just pm your email address.
PM sent, thanks.

Is this something that needs to be done fairly regularly? Or is it more likely that it just wasn't done properly the first time around? Also, is any harm being done when I hear this noise? Or is it just annoying to listen to? heh

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 01-29-14 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-29-14, 12:37 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I have left over packets of the product link below for polyurethane bushings from a few years ago and was wondering if these are okay to use with the FIGS bushings?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...shing-Lube.asp

I believe all urethane bushings will creak/squeak/moan and will require greasing after awhile, it's just a matter of time...

PM sent, thanks.

Is this something that needs to be done fairly regularly? Or is it more likely that it just wasn't done properly the first time around? Also, is any harm being done when I hear this noise? Or is it just annoying to listen to? heh
Old 01-29-14, 05:25 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by itsmike177
I have left over packets of the product link below for polyurethane bushings from a few years ago and was wondering if these are okay to use with the FIGS bushings?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...shing-Lube.asp

I believe all urethane bushings will creak/squeak/moan and will require greasing after awhile, it's just a matter of time...
The bushings have a cross hatch retention feature in the area it contacts the tubing. The grease is a special formulation that SP spent some time on, 12 months specifically. Its a non penetrating grease that will not break down the material. http://superpro.com.au/products/univ...77abc62f837751

I often see the energy suspension bushings (sway bar) start to get a little translucent over time and perhaps contribute to the material migrating and breaking down. I have plenty on hand, but you are welcome to use what ever you like. I just know that when it gets on my fingers, its very resistant to water and upon wiping it off its very slick on the skin. The frequency is going to depend on the environment you use it in. Perhaps you did not lubricate them once first installed? They have a pre-lube on them but I always re-lube them again, after all they come with grease.

Mike
Old 03-02-14, 12:01 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Could you give me an idea of about how much labor is probably required to apply this grease? I did not install the bushings myself, so I plan on asking the mechanic who did to do it for me at the same time he does some other stuff.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-14, 01:49 PM
ChickenIS
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just did this last week.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...duro-hp-3.html

Could you give me an idea of about how much labor is probably required to apply this grease? I did not install the bushings myself, so I plan on asking the mechanic who did to do it for me at the same time he does some other stuff.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-14, 03:01 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ChickenIS
I don't suppose you have any pics of how you did it? But from the sounds of things, it's a fairly quick job, so hopefully it should not cost much. I don't even have a proper lift, though, so it's something I don't think I want to do myself right now... unless I can pull it off when I replace my front brake pads.
Old 09-14-14, 10:40 AM
slimstady
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New ISF owner. Great forum. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-14-14, 02:37 PM
2011slvISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so correct me if I'm wrong, all i need is two LCA bushings(non offset) to fix this inner wear problem?
Old 09-15-14, 01:45 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011slvISF
so correct me if I'm wrong, all i need is two LCA bushings(non offset) to fix this inner wear problem?
+ a good alignment.

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.