CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-15, 06:13 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Just ordered a set of these and can't wait to install them!
Old 05-15-15, 12:21 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
Don't know if I actually need an alignment but that seems to be the recommendation after having these installed.
FIGS highly recommends an alignment after installing their LCA bushings. I plan on getting an alignment immediately after installation.
Old 05-27-15, 10:58 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the bushings about 300-400 miles after I got new tires and there seems to be significantly more camber wear on the front driver side. I got the alignment done after the bushings were installed. I'm not sure if its normal or if the majority of the wear was caused before the bushings were installed. I ran almost twice as much camber on my STI and don't remember experiencing camber wear that quickly.

Old 06-03-15, 12:44 PM
shunra
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
This is the reason we have consolidated on stocking the 90 duro only. The 80 might work for a 250 or a GS but the braking loads on the F impose a lot of force on this bushing and the large mass allows for quite a bit of damping to still take place. Let the shocks control your comfort and the bushings control your feedback. If anything these bushings allow better function of the dampers without the torsional effects of the bushing.
Your website seems to indicate the opposite. Unless I am missing something, I am unable to order the 90 duro. There is no "add to cart" button on the 90 duro option like there is on the 80 duro option.
Attached Thumbnails Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.-90-duro.jpg   Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.-80-duro.jpg  
Old 06-03-15, 06:00 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by shunra
Your website seems to indicate the opposite. Unless I am missing something, I am unable to order the 90 duro. There is no "add to cart" button on the 90 duro option like there is on the 80 duro option.
All international orders require us to invoice you to calc accurate shipping. But we did just adjust the website to our current inventory. We had run to 0 on the site despite having them on hand. Brackets take a few days to get from Lexus.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-04-15, 09:57 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received my brackets the other day. Thanks Mike!!! Now i just need to install them and get an alignment.
Old 06-18-15, 04:41 PM
LiquidSF
Rookie

Anyone have these on a 250/350? On my 2nd set of front tires and it's already showing inner wear. Ideally I would have gotten the 90A but it seems like all the F's have them. Can anyone chime in?
Old 06-18-15, 09:03 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidSF
Anyone have these on a 250/350? On my 2nd set of front tires and it's already showing inner wear. Ideally I would have gotten the 90A but it seems like all the F's have them. Can anyone chime in?
We have plenty of 250 and 350 customers with these bushings installed. With no impact to NVH and driver comfort we found the 90 is an easier part for us to stock for all applications. The 80 we have a few of if more of a mild driver
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-18-15, 09:14 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by subiepunk
I installed the bushings about 300-400 miles after I got new tires and there seems to be significantly more camber wear on the front driver side. I got the alignment done after the bushings were installed. I'm not sure if its normal or if the majority of the wear was caused before the bushings were installed. I ran almost twice as much camber on my STI and don't remember experiencing camber wear that quickly.

You ran 6* negative camber on your STi? That is a recipe for wear obviously. Not sure how low your car is, but I run approximately 1.9* neg camber, as close to zero toe without going neg, and have absolutely zero abnormal tire wear. You may need to go with some SPC ball joints to correct that 3.4* camber.
Old 06-19-15, 06:02 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidSF
I'm a 350 owner with a set of FIGS LCA 90 durometer bushings installed on my car. I can't comment on the changes to the rate of inner tire wear as I've only put about 5k miles since the upgrade but I can absolutely vouch for the improved stability of the IS during trail-braking and the overall improved steering feel on both the track and cruising around town.
Old 06-19-15, 08:14 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That looks like toe wear and not camber wear.
Old 06-20-15, 06:17 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by subiepunk

-3.4 degrees of camber is problematic no matter how you slice it. You'd need stupid stiff springs just to manage roll with a suspension that low.

These bushings fix issues for people concerned about mechanical performance, not people who want to drag frame.
Old 06-20-15, 06:57 PM
Golfer2000
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have the torque specs?
Old 06-20-15, 07:26 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Golfer2000
Does anyone have the torque specs?
Here you go...

Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.-3jm1zbj.jpg
Old 06-20-15, 08:43 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I installed mine today.. Deflecting the LCA to remove & replace the bushing/bracket was a bit tricky, but other than that, it went well.

I know it's advised to immediately get an alignment, but I'm not too concerned at the moment... I just got an alignment about a month ago. During the post-install test drive, it seemed to consistently track straight as an arrow. I even did some "no hands on wheel" stops from ~30-40mph and it still tracked straight. Of course, I'll keep a close eye on tire wear for awhile.

-Mike

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.