IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

G T R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-12, 08:27 AM
dLad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default G T R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in

Talk about bitter sweet. I have wanted a GTR for over two years, but kept convincing myself that I owned my ISF outright, so it was smarter to just keep it. Plus I LLOOVVEE the ISF. I honestly think its one of the best cars in the world. It's an all around animal, but tamed when you want it to be. A true sleeper. I was extremely sad to let it go and it was hard to say goodbye. I just wanted to share some not so great quality pics from my ipod touch when I picked up the GTR yesterday.
2008 ISF out
2013 GTR in
Attached Thumbnails G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-1.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-2.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-3.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-4.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-5.jpg  

Old 07-15-12, 08:28 AM
dLad
Driver

Attached Thumbnails G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-6.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-7.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-8.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-9.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-10.jpg  

Old 07-15-12, 08:30 AM
FastPaced
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Enjoy it! I was thinking about getting one too lol
Old 07-15-12, 08:31 AM
dLad
Driver

Attached Thumbnails G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-11.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-img_0214-1-.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-img_0210-1-.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-img_0209-1-.jpg   G    T    R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in-img_0218-1-.jpg  

Old 07-15-12, 08:33 AM
mishkinm5
Driver School Candidate

So I have made a similar journey and then came back. I had an 08 isf. Gt an 09 gtr. Put alpha 9 package on it and decide to go to something more practicle 11 isf. I am happy with my decission and will hold on to isf for a bit. Gtr is a beast but unreliable once you get the mod bug going. Take care of you tranny!
staman
Pole Position

Congrats. I did the same thing 3 months ago. When it comes to interior quality the F was way ahead of the GTR- i miss it. When it comes to power and handling the GTR is way ahead of the F. Its all about what you want out of the car in the end. Only drag about the 2013 is cobb/ecutec haven't come out with any map solutions for it yet. You should have LC5 programming on your TCM though... And 545 horse stock.. Its not BE is it?
NoLFA4U
Driver

Congrats. That is awesome. Seriously jealous.

Originally Posted by staman
Its not BE is it?
It's a premium. Which, I prefer.
Old 07-15-12, 08:57 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

I remember when you were talking about getting a GTR at the spring BBQ. Glad to see you went through with it!
Congratulations and have fun
Old 07-15-12, 09:08 AM
zojirushi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! Congrats on the GTR. Enjoy the new ride!
Old 07-15-12, 09:24 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the GTR....it's always (almost) every men's dream car. lol
Old 07-15-12, 09:53 AM
boostftw
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow congrats! Thats my fav color combo too! Its also pretty sweet that your keeping the F.
Old 07-15-12, 09:58 AM
NoLFA4U
Driver

Originally Posted by boostftw
wow congrats! Thats my fav color combo too! Its also pretty sweet that your keeping the F.
Originally Posted by dLad
I was extremely sad to let it go and it was hard to say goodbye. I just wanted to share some not so great quality pics from my ipod touch when I picked up the GTR yesterday.
2008 ISF out
2013 GTR in

I think he traded the IS-F.
Old 07-15-12, 10:24 AM
DonTN
Driver

Originally Posted by mishkinm5
So I have made a similar journey and then came back. I had an 08 isf. Gt an 09 gtr. Put alpha 9 package on it and decide to go to something more practicle 11 isf. I am happy with my decission and will hold on to isf for a bit. Gtr is a beast but unreliable once you get the mod bug going. Take care of you tranny!
]

I've been youtube'n the Alpha packages and they look legendary! I'm thinking about making the GTR my next car. What was the pros and cons of the Alpha package?

Don
Old 07-15-12, 10:45 AM
staman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DonTN
]

I've been youtube'n the Alpha packages and they look legendary! I'm thinking about making the GTR my next car. What was the pros and cons of the Alpha package?

Don
Im actually going to go the Switzer route as opposed to AMS. AMS is all about getting the maximum horsepower no matter what. They have more of a mentality of tear the car apart in one pass if that's what it takes to win. Switzer makes more of a DD type car that can scream when it wants to. Not to mention Switzer did all the R@D and AMS came along and helped themselves to it....
Switzer P800 all the way. And a stage 1 rebuild on the trans..
Old 07-15-12, 10:56 AM
dLad
Driver

thanks everyone for the congrats

Quick Reply: G T R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in