Originally Posted by vicsis250
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbDefxZoo8

This GTR was so fast it traveled back in time *******
Video is awesome!
Old 10-28-13, 04:40 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May I ask how the comfort is in a GTR as compared to a 2012 ISF?
Old 10-29-13, 06:17 PM
dLad
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFNYC
So what are some pros and cons of having the GTR over the ISF? i would probably make the GTR my daily since its AWD...
The pro's are speed, handling, acceleration, sound system, gauges, attention, awd, launch control, dual clutch transmission, and prob a whole bunch I am forgetting

cons are less room for passengers, trunk space may actually be better in the gtr believe it or not(so thats another pro for gtr lol), Sound of gtr stock is not as deep and mean as the isf, maintenance costs are higher on the gtr, and prob a few I'm not thinking of

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Saw a bone stock GTR 13' run a 10.7 @ 12X it still had temporary tag on it. So quiet sounded like a Camry on the pass effortless.
I know who you are talking about, he has the fastest recorded stock GTR 10.79 seconds 1/4 mile. He adjusted the touch points in first gear for the launch control to get the best launch. He tweaked and played with this a couple of times before he got it just right to run the 10.79.

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
co workers 2012 ran 11.0 first try, 10.9 second try. 10.9 last run. i remembver he was trapping 12x mph... yes, quiet, lol. all you heard was like a whooshing air sound and tires.. amazing.
Sounds like a vacuum cleaner lol
Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
wow thats an awesome GT-R.

that parking job is killer tho
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by Defratos
awesome car you got instead of the ISF, congrats.
Thank you. It's really a wild car.

Originally Posted by RecursiveL
May I ask how the comfort is in a GTR as compared to a 2012 ISF?
You def feel the road more in the GTR. I'd say you also feel the road quite a bit in the ISF, but when comparing the two, the ISF is def more comfortable of a ride. ISF is more of a luxury/sporty sedan on steroids....GTR is really a race car
Old 10-30-13, 06:45 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A little birdie told me you got some goodies on it......I want to go for a spin in it brah
Old 10-31-13, 08:31 AM
dLad
Driver

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
A little birdie told me you got some goodies on it......I want to go for a spin in it brah
more like a muscular hawk. He is getting one of the sickest 2008 Vipers I've seen
Old 10-31-13, 01:44 PM
CCLSVTF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also jealous. I was gonna drop the hammer on a used one in my area but had to much negative equity when trading in the F so I didn't do it. I want a GTR!!!!! Enjoy dude....
Old 10-31-13, 03:23 PM
dLad
Driver

Originally Posted by CCLSVTF
I am also jealous. I was gonna drop the hammer on a used one in my area but had to much negative equity when trading in the F so I didn't do it. I want a GTR!!!!! Enjoy dude....
Thanks man.....only do it when you're ready. GL with the hunt
Old 10-31-13, 03:59 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

i too made the jump and got a GTR and couldn't be happier. Also Below statement is so true...lol.. its night and day every time when i hop in the GTR and then drive the ISF.

"You def feel the road more in the GTR. I'd say you also feel the road quite a bit in the ISF, but when comparing the two, the ISF is def more comfortable of a ride. ISF is more of a luxury/sporty sedan on steroids....GTR is really a race car"
Old 10-31-13, 06:36 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Just wondering if people from went from the ISF to the GTR can chime in the reasons for the upgrade? Meaning what was the attraction to the GTR compared to other cars in its league i.e. 911 GT3/Turbo, ZR1, Z06....
Old 11-01-13, 04:01 AM
dLad
Driver

Originally Posted by obby
i too made the jump and got a GTR and couldn't be happier. Also Below statement is so true...lol.. its night and day every time when i hop in the GTR and then drive the ISF.

"You def feel the road more in the GTR. I'd say you also feel the road quite a bit in the ISF, but when comparing the two, the ISF is def more comfortable of a ride. ISF is more of a luxury/sporty sedan on steroids....GTR is really a race car"
I wish I had BOTH!!! I'm jealous!!

Originally Posted by itsmike177
Just wondering if people from went from the ISF to the GTR can chime in the reasons for the upgrade? Meaning what was the attraction to the GTR compared to other cars in its league i.e. 911 GT3/Turbo, ZR1, Z06....
0-60 in 2.7-2.8.....stock 1/4 mile in 10.8-10.9 all day (For 2013 model...2009-2011 is around 11.4-11.8 stock and 2012 is 11.2)
My attraction was also there is no lower model. For example the GT3 and Turbo has the Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4, Carrera 4S, Targa, etc etc....The ZR1/Z06 has the base vette, and that grand sport (with the Z06 looking hood and side scoops). There are a ton of vettes on the road, and 911 body styles as well. The only car out of GT3, Turbo, Turbo S, ZR1, and Z06 that is comparable to the GTR from a dig is the Turbo S...Also close to 200k for that one.

Other reasons
- Since it came out, I always wanted one.
- Even before I bought my ISF I really wanted the GTR.
- AWD
- Complete car w good sound system and a/c (some raw porsches don't come with a/c)
- Performance performance performance....

Hopefully others will chime in also
Old 11-01-13, 06:17 PM
Touge
Pole Position

Congrats on the car. I love the GTR.

Do you think the GTR can be used as a Daily Driver in NYC?. That's the one thing holding me back from getting one.

With my IS I can park it anywhere and not worry and even if I get a new scratch from someone not knowing how to park, but with a GTR I might .

I don't drive enough miles a year to justify a 'beater'. Maybe 8k/year. So it would be my only car.
Old 11-02-13, 10:16 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmike177
The ISF is a sports sedan. The GTR is a 4 seater true sports car that runs with and beats exotic cars and can be used as a daily driver.

The GTR is at least half the price of a comparable Porsche, Ferrari, or Audi R8. The GTR will make an average driver look good as it is easy to drive fast due to its superior traction and handling. The Corvette requires above average driving skills to drive fast.

The GTR is loud and clunky compared to the IS-F but has a better ride in comfort setting than an 08 ISF.
Old 11-03-13, 01:37 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

awesome !! White GTR will be my next car god willing. I have been waiting for a long while and every year Godzilla gets better and better
Old 11-03-13, 02:13 AM
Swaggy_T
Driver School Candidate

Nicer man... I've always wanted a GTR. It was an option for me as we'll but ISF came out more reasonable for me and my future. Enjoy the Godzilla!
Old 11-07-13, 09:21 AM
dLad
Driver

Originally Posted by Touge
Congrats on the car. I love the GTR.

Do you think the GTR can be used as a Daily Driver in NYC?. That's the one thing holding me back from getting one.

With my IS I can park it anywhere and not worry and even if I get a new scratch from someone not knowing how to park, but with a GTR I might .

I don't drive enough miles a year to justify a 'beater'. Maybe 8k/year. So it would be my only car.
Def not a good city car...and wouldn't park it on NYC streets...while you're in NYC, I'd say keep the car you have...It would be a shame for a GTR to get dinged up.....plus the roads are bad and bumpy in NYC....plus there's too much traffic, nowhere to go fast, always road work, aggressive drivers, and no corners and bends. LOL honestly.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
awesome !! White GTR will be my next car god willing. I have been waiting for a long while and every year Godzilla gets better and better
And more expensive and more expensive....but yea the stock 2013 compared to a stock 2009 is very different.

Originally Posted by RIC3CAKE5
Nicer man... I've always wanted a GTR. It was an option for me as we'll but ISF came out more reasonable for me and my future. Enjoy the Godzilla!
A used IS-F is one of the best bang for bucks I can think of....

Quick Reply: G T R (not a comparison thread) I got a new GTR, ISF out, GTR in