IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Foot Brake Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-12, 10:53 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Foot Brake Adjustment?

Before I get slammed for this thread, I just want to say that I did use the search button, but all the came up is the adjustment for the RX with rear brake shoes.

Reason I started this thread was because my wife. She loves to smash the hell outta her foot brake on her IS350 and was nice enough to smash the hell outta mine the other day when she drove my car. Now the foot brake just doenst grab the same at an incline as opposed to when i first got the car or prior to her driving.

So question is:
Is there a way for us DIYers to Adjust the Foot Brake OR would we just have to bring up the issue to the dealer to be added in there for service? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if there is a DIY for this, please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

-Art
Old 06-26-12, 06:50 AM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Before I get slammed for this thread, I just want to say that I did use the search button, but all the came up is the adjustment for the RX with rear brake shoes.

Reason I started this thread was because my wife. She loves to smash the hell outta her foot brake on her IS350 and was nice enough to smash the hell outta mine the other day when she drove my car. Now the foot brake just doenst grab the same at an incline as opposed to when i first got the car or prior to her driving.

So question is:
Is there a way for us DIYers to Adjust the Foot Brake OR would we just have to bring up the issue to the dealer to be added in there for service? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if there is a DIY for this, please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

-Art
Art her application of the brake with "excessive force" has nothing to do with the current lack of performance from your parking brake. Someone driving with the parking brake on on the other hand probably does...lol.. This being said there is I believe a rubber covered access hole on the face of the rotor that when removed will allow you access to the parking brake adjustment wheel. On the IS platform cars we have found it necessary to adjust until you can feel/hear a slight drag while rotating the wheel then back it off a few teeth. In our are (Pennsylvania) we have a lot of hills and parking brake usage is a must, and our parking brakes really are not one would refer too as stellar! Hope this helps.
Old 06-26-12, 04:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

There's also a cable adjustment. I adjust the shoes first, then the cable and it works quite well.
Old 06-26-12, 05:03 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback guys, Ming15237 and lobuxracer ! Gives me something to do on the weekend