IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

The ISF is still rare...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-12, 10:01 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The ISF is still rare...

So I finished playing basketball with my friends, and as I'm driving home I see a clean MM ISF taking a left onto a local cul-de-sac. As he made a U-turn he passed me but didn't say anything. So I sat tight until he got out, and gave him a thumbs up. He was surprised to see my F and we chatted for an hour about why we chose the ISF over other cars, and he had NEVER seen a blue ISF in person in his life! He then told me he's a cop! And he lives one street over from me... I thought it was a cool story since ISF's in NY are an extremely rare sight. We ended up cruising over to the nearby self-wash and we chatted cars while he gave me some tips on how to keep the paint clean. He has the cleanest MM ISF I have ever seen.. He was a registered member previously but hadn't logged on in a while, so he re-registered and I told him about the plethora of information ClubLexus has to offer ISF owners.

Nearby pedestrians stopped and stared as we parked next to each other, and earlier even had a guy on a sport bike slow down in traffic just to say "nice car"!

Has anybody else flagged down other ISF owners like this? This was pretty awesome. All of the ISF owners I've met thru the forums are all cool people, and it just shows what a tight-knit community we are.
Old 06-16-12, 10:04 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I seem to only see other Fs when I'm driving my SC 300. Then when I'm driving my F I never see them :/ But for sure way less common than M3s that I see everyday.
Old 06-17-12, 06:29 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha ha y'all had a man-date. Amazing how cars can bring men together. Ive guilty of this. I once had a guy see get out of my car while he was leaving. He came back, parked and then found me in the grocery store to talk about the isf. He had also never seen one