IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Greddy Titanium exhaust

Old 06-13-12, 09:15 AM
zojirushi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Greddy Titanium exhaust

Does any one have this particular exhaust or have some insight on it? I'm compelled to the fact that it's constructed from titanium and the weight reduction benefits of it but I cannot get over the the dyno sheet Greddy produced on their site.

For reference, you can find their dyno test sheet here:

http://greddy-usa.blogspot.com/2011/...sf-owners.html

Why is there such a dip in power near 130 to 140 mph. It's a bit disconcerting considering the price of the exhaust. What would cause such a thing? Is it the design decision to use a H-crossover rather than a X-crossover? I need some additional justification to get this over something like a Joe-Z or a Borla cat back. Thanks for any information/advice.
Old 06-13-12, 01:51 PM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JoeZ and call it a day.
Old 06-13-12, 02:24 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider
JoeZ and call it a day.
+3
Old 06-13-12, 02:34 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

The neat thing about the Greddy are the options you have with the exhaust. You can keep your factory tips or put the Greddy ones on. There also is a big weight savings of 35lbs over stock. Now is that going to be noticable in a 3600lb car.....doubt it. To be one of the few whom own one.....might be worth the entry fee!!
It sounds meaty!! How many times are you going to be travelling in the 130-140MPH range to notice the "dip" in HP???
It is definitely a premium exhaust!
Old 06-13-12, 03:00 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
The neat thing about the Greddy are the options you have with the exhaust. You can keep your factory tips or put the Greddy ones on. There also is a big weight savings of 35lbs over stock. Now is that going to be noticable in a 3600lb car.....doubt it. To be one of the few whom own one.....might be worth the entry fee!!
It sounds meaty!! How many times are you going to be travelling in the 130-140MPH range to notice the "dip" in HP???
It is definitely a premium exhaust!
I could always tell my chick to hit the gym and drop 35 lbs then I can save some cash on the exhasut JK she would KILL me if she just read that I agree with Kramer primarily with the "entrance fee" portion, pretty illusive setup, especially with a $3500 price tag. I didn't even put Greddy in my options on this car. I had a Greddy Ti setup on my last G35 and LOVED it, same thing , looked bad ***, pricey as heck, and everyone would say "sweet exhaust"
Old 06-13-12, 03:23 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rider
JoeZ and call it a day.
Originally Posted by 2ndGF
I could always tell my chick to hit the gym and drop 35 lbs then I can save some cash on the exhasut JK she would KILL me if she just read that I agree with Kramer primarily with the "entrance fee" portion, pretty illusive setup, especially with a $3500 price tag. I didn't even put Greddy in my options on this car. I had a Greddy Ti setup on my last G35 and LOVED it, same thing , looked bad ***, pricey as heck, and everyone would say "sweet exhaust"
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I'll give you 5 dollars to say that to your GF!...your 1st one not your 2nd one!

$3500 for an exhaust?! WTF...Joe-Z + Sikky headers cost only a little more than that and its like 50whp
Old 06-13-12, 03:26 PM
STGSC400
Pole Position

I want the Greddy. But IMO. 3500+ for an Exhaust is overkill.
Old 06-13-12, 05:15 PM
lx470man
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Joe-Z also and yea $3,500 for an exhaust way expensive. But I also have a M3 and have you guys seen the prices for that car? LOLZ average exhaust cat back is $3500+

The F is considerably more affordable car to own and modify.
Old 06-13-12, 05:16 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

hmmm i wonder if theyll sell me the tips seperate
Old 06-13-12, 05:48 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think alot of us would love to own the Greddy exhuast for our cars but with a price of $3,500 ?!?!?! The price is just insane ! It really isnt in the competitive market for exhausts for the IS-F.... But if you got the dough and wanna pay for some JDM goodness then by all means have at it I think im stuck between JoeZ and ISS QES, but thats just me GL with your choice bro !
Old 06-13-12, 06:11 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lx470man
I have a Joe-Z also and yea $3,500 for an exhaust way expensive. But I also have a M3 and have you guys seen the prices for that car? LOLZ average exhaust cat back is $3500+

Modify? You can barely do anything to it....all the M3s, all have crazy mods available.
Old 06-13-12, 06:47 PM
s2k636
Driver

I'm pretty sure its worth every penny. At the moment I'm still doing a lot of reading on what aftermarket parts to get for the ISF. I just got mine 4 weeks ago. I wouldn't mind spending that much for an exhaust down the road and if the craftsmanship is excellent and the weight savings is significant.
Off topic: I'm currently running the J's Racing FX-Pro 60RS Dual Titanium Exhaust for my S2000 that retails for $3,100 and I think it was worth every penny. I had a different aftermarket exhaust before that weighed 65lbs and the J's weights about 13lbs. The car feels a lot different with all the weight savings.
Old 06-13-12, 07:30 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lx470man

I wanted an M3 but when I was doing all the math with maintnance and mods it was way too pricey. I know I can get 200,000 miles on this engine and still have a bad *** car at a fraction of the cost. YES I intend to put 200,000 on this car!!!
Old 06-13-12, 08:43 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

I tried to push weigh savings in the past as it is a big deal. Heck adding a passenger changes the whole personality of the car. The reason there are few parts is because it will cost money to develop and most companies will not do it unless they can make a profit. That is why I feel pretty lonely sometimes in this market

That being said though Ti is expensive and getting more expensive all the time. I looked at making a full system but it would end up in the same price point. I would like to see more like 60lbs savings though since I saved over 20lbs just by moving to twin ti canisters on the rear section. But the dyno numbers will never be impressive enough to justify the price, the weight has to be considered. If you are going to spend the money do it because you want the thing. Its hard to justify if you just want to look at a dyno chart.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-13-12, 09:17 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
YES I intend to put 200,000 on this car!!!
Famous last words....did you hear bout the recall for 2012 cars?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Greddy Titanium exhaust