IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

sikky headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-12, 10:01 AM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default sikky headers

Had JE install my headers this past tuesday. they did an excellent job, finished right under 4 hours, they even managed to get both 02 sensors out without stripping them. Straight to the point, yesterday my check engine light came on along with my traction light, got it scanned and it said the 02 has low voltage... The guy that ran the scan said that even if i replace the 02s theyll just keep frying,is this true? Anybody have an idea of why the traction light came on along with the check engine light? I gave JE a call and they said sometimes when one light comes on it will just trigger another random light to come on. Also if this is easy as just replacing an 02 sensor, what brands do you guys recommend and the best place to order it from, thanks in advance guys.
Old 06-08-12, 10:15 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

No they didnt do excellent job, if they did you wouldnt have light right now , yeah with out stripping huh ? Go back and make them changed it and dont forget to tighten those flanges between the header and the exhaust. Did you double up on the gaskets ? Make sure to tighten it after u drive for few hundred miles.
Old 06-08-12, 10:27 AM
meangene4
Pit Crew

not sure if they doubled up on gaskets as i just dropped the car off and let them do their thing.
Old 06-08-12, 10:29 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it’s the 02 sensor, I would highly recommend replacing it with an OEM set. My buddy had a set of aftermarket 02 sensor installed when the orihinal set stripped while installing the SIKKY headers, and once that was done the car was running way too rich which trigger a CEL and the car would sputter all the time. Once we switch them out with OEM sensors, the car ran like a champ. I’m not saying all aftermarket 02 is bad, but the one we received was bad. Also you will find it impossible (for me at lease) to remove the 02 sensor on the passenger side if the header Is still on.. My shop had to hammer a notch right above it to make clearance in order to remove the 02 sensor. Also both me and my buddy cars had the traction control light on along with our check engine light.. GL..

Last edited by obby; 06-08-12 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-08-12, 10:51 AM
meangene4
Pit Crew

thanks obby^^^^ would you happen to know the best place to order some 02 sensors?
Old 06-08-12, 11:03 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

sewellonlineparts.com register , and get additional discount. vendor of CL. Since u r bring it back to install new o2 sensor, tell them to tighten up those gaskets between the head and the exhaust.
Old 06-08-12, 11:17 AM
meangene4
Pit Crew

obby did all the lights go away after installing new 02 sensors?
Old 06-08-12, 12:10 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, for both our cars.. Mechanic had to plug in th OBD scanner and clear it tho. After that, it never came back since. Sewell is where I got my sensor..
Old 06-08-12, 12:28 PM
meangene4
Pit Crew

is denso the maker of lexus and toyotas 02 sensors?
Old 06-08-12, 07:35 PM
Super6
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a similiar experience with a header install in Dallas wednesday except I gave the shop two new eom o2 sensors to install. Now I have the same lights on as above. Was going to try an ecu resent in the am. If it doesn't work, any advise on what I can tell the mechanic when I return the isf for a recheck?
Old 06-08-12, 07:50 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Hold on minute before you go rushing off and buy new 02 senors and assume they did bad job or stripped you 02 senor when removing them what exactly did the scan say did it indicate which bank the reason why I'm asking is that when I installed my PPE headers I too got low voltage O2 cell it was bank 2 (right side)all we had to do was just tightened one bolt that had loosened up it was where headers met flange to Joe-Z exhaust. We cleared the code double checked all bolts started the cars and no more cells that was over month ago now and my car has been running with no issue perfect just like new.
Old 06-08-12, 08:16 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

I would second on the tightening of the flanges and gaskets to make sure there was no leakage. I had the same CEL + Trac off light come on because my flanges were not tighten enough. That could possibly be one of the issues, but the claims with Sikky headers and install should not have any CEL. If CEL+Trac light is on, best bet is to bring it back to JE and have them take care of it.
Old 06-08-12, 08:22 PM
meangene4
Pit Crew

Thanks for the input guys, I'll bring it to another shop nearby to tighten everything up since JE is about an hour and a half away
Old 06-08-12, 09:33 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

btw.... just learned this recently, but the front sensors that people are saying that is getting stripped, (sensor 1 on CEL codes) etc during header install is actually an AF ratio sensor, NOT an O2sensor....... the rear sensors (sensor 2 on CEL codes) are O2 sensors that are on the OEM or aftermarket exhausts.....
So, make sure you are ordering the right one if/when you purchase a replacement....
Old 06-09-12, 09:11 AM
FOVFR421
Rookie

Originally Posted by meangene4
Thanks for the input guys, I'll bring it to another shop nearby to tighten everything up since JE is about an hour and a half away
Where are you in va? I would love to hear the headers. Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

Quick Reply: sikky headers