IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position

Old 12-24-14, 07:46 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
You'll love he PSS . My rears are probably 80% toasted in 4k miles but they stick and have been on two track days. Michelin has a 30k warranty with square fitment or 15k for staggered. I called discount tire and they said they will replace under warranty . Smooth, quiet, and sticky. In defense of the tire I launch my F whenever I can so I beat up those rears pretty good
I've driven on the PSS before most people even knew it existed. Its currently on my DD and I love it, I didn't choose it for the ISF because my friend works for Firestone and gave me a killer deal on the s04's. Besides, I don't push the ISF that hard in the corners due to how wide my wheels are lol
Old 12-24-14, 09:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
I've driven on the PSS before most people even knew it existed. Its currently on my DD and I love it, I didn't choose it for the ISF because my friend works for Firestone and gave me a killer deal on the s04's. Besides, I don't push the ISF that hard in the corners due to how wide my wheels are lol
right on ! I know I have said it before, but your F is SO damn nice. Perfect as far as I can see. Truly inspirational. What do you drive daily? I drive mine daily, but would like to pay mine off and go back to flagship luxury. That way I will have a track and weekend toy but can roll something huge, soft, and comfy during the week.
Old 12-25-14, 03:30 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

right on ! I know I have said it before, but your F is SO damn nice. Perfect as far as I can see. Truly inspirational. What do you drive daily? I drive mine daily, but would like to pay mine off and go back to flagship luxury. That way I will have a track and weekend toy but can roll something huge, soft, and comfy during the week.
Thanks for the kind words.. I drive a 2007 civic SI on the daily. I paid that car brand new off the lot in 4 years while in college and not once did it break down on me.. that car is truly a tank and can live up to 300k miles I'm sure lol. Its not fast but pretty fun with 6 spd, LSD and a 245 PSS tire provides enough grip for highway on ramps
Old 12-25-14, 09:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

When I had my G35 I still thought my dads 1990 Accord 5 speed was more engaging just rowing through the gears. Its sad that they are dying off. Manuals are great....slower but great at connecting you to the car and it makes a slow car feel faster when you can push into the red line or just hold it at higher rpm for more available power
Old 12-26-14, 08:04 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

WAAAY off Topic

Lou
Old 12-27-14, 03:36 PM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran these on my corvette and loved them. I have Continental DW on the ISF right now. I will be trying the PSS next, but I would not hesitate to recommend the SO4. On the corvette the price difference between PSS/SO4 was significant (50%).
Old 12-27-14, 04:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Considering how fast the PSS went in the rear and the fact that I don't plan on stopping my track days I would try these since it looks like I will be toasting rear tires. Reviews for these are actually pretty damn good. These run about 20% cheaper than the PSS and give about 95% of the performance from what the reviews on tire rack say. Hell of a deal.
Old 12-27-14, 04:14 PM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Considering how fast the PSS went in the rear and the fact that I don't plan on stopping my track days I would try these since it looks like I will be toasting rear tires. Reviews for these are actually pretty damn good. These run about 20% cheaper than the PSS and give about 95% of the performance from what the reviews on tire rack say. Hell of a deal.
:/ I chewed through 50% of my DWs during my first weekend on track. I have considered getting a second set of wheels with cheap tires for track-duty.
Old 12-27-14, 08:03 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

You had so many negative things to say about the S-04 tells me you'll absolutely HATE the Continental DW.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-position.html

The DWs had a terrible sing, and the sidewalls are soft. I got rid of 'em, and am luv the S-04s.

Lou
Old 12-28-14, 05:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I had the Continentals on my LS460 , because of the tread wear rating like most, and they were garbage. I got defective tires that created a vibration. I swore off Pirelli and continental after getting multiple defective tires from both companies.
Old 12-29-14, 01:53 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

I've been getting slight vibrations in the front early in the mornings when its cold out. After a couple of miles, the vibration goes away. Could it be a defective tire up in front or take it back to get the tires rebalanced?
Old 12-30-14, 12:03 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

im wondering if the 20% cost savings is worth the trade off of 16lbs more unsprung rotating mass? or would that be something that is not enough to even be noticeable?
Old 12-31-14, 06:44 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
I've been getting slight vibrations in the front early in the mornings when its cold out. After a couple of miles, the vibration goes away. Could it be a defective tire up in front or take it back to get the tires rebalanced?
Probably not a big deal since it goes away. My continentals do that.
Old 12-31-14, 07:40 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scamsel
im wondering if the 20% cost savings is worth the trade off of 16lbs more unsprung rotating mass? or would that be something that is not enough to even be noticeable?
My dilemma as well. I'd also like 285/30 (19x10 wheel) but I'm not sure how much wider they would appear vs the 275/30 PSS.
Old 12-31-14, 11:46 AM
AJ@TireRack.com
Former Sponsor

16# of unsprung weight is huge.

PSS tires also tend to run 'wide'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position